You've got 16-22 million to spend - Who would you bring in before tuesday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rocky29 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:16 am

what was the point of sending aqua out on loan then buying two midfielders. When everyone on the fecking planet could see we needed a fecking striker. So now we got no one creative in midfield and no striker backup. Well done roy isaid right at the beginning he would struggle getting top players. Ooh im sorry i forgot about konchesky:laugh:
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:12 pm

rocky29 wrote:what was the point of sending aqua out on loan then buying two midfielders. When everyone on the fecking planet could see we needed a fecking striker. So now we got no one creative in midfield and no striker backup. Well done roy isaid right at the beginning he would struggle getting top players. Ooh im sorry i forgot about konchesky:laugh:

Aquilani = not good enough.

There's your answer.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:21 pm

rocky29 wrote:Well done roy isaid right at the beginning he would struggle getting top players. Ooh im sorry i forgot about konchesky:laugh:

It's hardly rocket science to say that is it? Do you really honestly think it's Hodgson's fault that we can't attract the top top players anymore? The club cannot compete with the best on either fees or wages at the moment, that's the bottom line.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby brentd4 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:15 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Calum wrote:Jesus Joaquin Fernandez Saenz De La Torre? I bit of a tongue twister.

How are they going to print him name on his shirt ??

i though he called himself suso, but dunno
brentd4

Postby Calum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
rocky29 wrote:what was the point of sending aqua out on loan then buying two midfielders. When everyone on the fecking planet could see we needed a fecking striker. So now we got no one creative in midfield and no striker backup. Well done roy isaid right at the beginning he would struggle getting top players. Ooh im sorry i forgot about konchesky:laugh:

Aquilani = not good enough.

I think to call Aquilani not good enough is harsh. He spent most of the season injured, and in the few games he played, he showed promise. Foreign players should be given the benefit of doubt for a year to settle in playing in a different country. Yes, it would have been a make or break season for him, but he should have been given time until atleast the January transfer window. We go on about Babel not being given an extended run - the same could be said with Aquilani. This was Roy's first mistake and his second was not buying another striker.
Calum

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Calum wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Aquilani = not good enough.

I think to call Aquilani not good enough is harsh. He spent most of the season injured, and in the few games he played, he showed promise. Foreign players should be given the benefit of doubt for a year to settle in playing in a different country. Yes, it would have been a make or break season for him, but he should have been given time until atleast the January transfer window. We go on about Babel not being given an extended run - the same could be said with Aquilani. This was Roy's first mistake and his second was not buying another striker.

Well, everyone will have their own opinions, mate, but here's mine.  Rafa bought the lad and even when fit (by most accounts) barely played him.  Roy came in and had a look at him during the preseason and then decided to send him on loan.  So, that's two managers who have had a close look at the lad day in, day out at Melwood and decided that giving him a run in the team was not going to happen.  Either both managers called it horribly wrong and have not given a good player a fair crack of the whip or--the far more likely scenario--he's not at all suited to the English game and both managers (savvy campaigners that they are) sussed this out sharpish.  I know which scenario my money's on.  :)
Last edited by Bad Bob on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Calum wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Aquilani = not good enough.

Well, everyone will have their own opinions, mate, but here's mine.  Rafa bought the lad and even when fit (by most accounts) barely played him.  Roy came in and had a look at him during the preseason and then decided to send him on loan.  So, that's two managers who have had a close look at the lad day in, day out at Melwood and decided that giving him a run in the team was not going to happen.  Either both managers called it horribly wrong and have not given a good player a fair crack of the whip or--the far more likely scenario--he's not at all suited to the English game and both managers (savvy campaigners that they are) sussed this out sharpish.  I know which scenario my money's on.  :)

That's what I figured as well Bob.

Aqua was always being rested because rafa didn't want him hurt. How does that do us any good? Apparently he's too fragile to actually play the English game and can't take the high physical levels.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Calum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:16 pm

You have to wonder why Benitez bought Aquilani in the first place then. Spending 20M or whatever it was on him and then sussing out he wasn't suited to the English game. A rather expensive misjudgement to say the least. In the end, a contributor to Benitez's demise.
Calum

Postby ethanr » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:21 pm

That's basically want rafa was known for.  He did well on some signings, like Torres and Alonso, but then on other signins, Like Keane, Aqua, Babel and even Masch, considering we lost money on him, he didn't do too well.  I think we paid too much for Glen Johnson as well.  He's good and I'm glad he's on the team, but 18? that's a bit high in my opinion.

I think everybody selling knew that they could get the price they wanted from rafa... he was too easy to give into their demands.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ironman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:26 pm

just a question?? was there something wrong for us going for Stevie Warnock again??? far better than Konchesky,,,,, imo,,, surely wouldnt of cost that much and 2yrs younger,, more importanly,, better...
ironman

Postby Calum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Robbie Keane? Didn't Benitez keep dropping him to the bench in games after he scored? He treated him unfairly and shouldn't have sold him. Another Benitez :censored: up.
Calum

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Calum wrote:Robbie Keane? Didn't Benitez keep dropping him to the bench in games after he scored? He treated him unfairly and shouldn't have sold him. Another Benitez :censored: up.

You're 6 months too late if you want to start slagging off the ex-manager.

Try to be constructive during these difficult times please.  :nod
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 pm

I'll criticise him whenever I want. And it was less than 6 months ago when he left. Opinions are all about criticisms as well as praise. If criticisms weren't aloud, there would hardly be any posts.
Calum

Postby rocky29 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Calum wrote:I'll criticise him whenever I want. And it was less than 6 months ago when he left. Opinions are all about criticisms as well as praise. If criticisms weren't aloud, there would hardly be any posts.

i wonder if keane and crouch are gona haunt rafa when spurs meet inter milan in the champions league next month.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:36 pm

rocky29 wrote:
Calum wrote:I'll criticise him whenever I want. And it was less than 6 months ago when he left. Opinions are all about criticisms as well as praise. If criticisms weren't aloud, there would hardly be any posts.

i wonder if keane and crouch are gona haunt rafa when spurs meet inter milan in the champions league next month.

I doubt it. Spurs will get humiliated in the Champions league, just like Blackburn did years ago.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion