You've got 16-22 million to spend - Who would you bring in before tuesday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Ones a defender and one was supposedly a defensive midfielder.... but this signing smacks of desperation, and that's why I liken it to Souness buying Paul Stewart in 1992.... another ridiculous dip into the bargain bin for a player nearly 30 ....that proved disastrous ???
Please can someone  tell me intelligently why we can do no better than this ???

DOES THIS ANSWER YOU QUESTION?

???
roberto green

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:01 pm

Roy obviously trusts him , you go with what you know when the pennies are tight. Another steady eddie signing , which is ok if we sign this lad from porto and a good striking option.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:00 pm

ok, it looks like the following are all but done deals:

Konchesky 3 million
Meirles 10.75 million

So...assuming there's some cash left. Which striker would you sign?

im sticking with Toivonen
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Ones a defender and one was supposedly a defensive midfielder.... but this signing smacks of desperation, and that's why I liken it to Souness buying Paul Stewart in 1992.... another ridiculous dip into the bargain bin for a player nearly 30 ....that proved disastrous ???

I thought Miereles is a box to box mid...
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:06 pm

metalhead wrote:

No You have misinterpreted my post ...I think Meireles is a good player .. I am referring to Konchesky in comparison to the desperate buying of Souness ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:07 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
metalhead wrote:

No You have misinterpreted my post ...I think Meireles is a good player .. I am referring to Konchesky in comparison to the desperate buying of Souness ....

he's not a world class full back, but he's solid and will fill the left back problem.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Alright buddy, sorry for that
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:54 am

7_Kewell wrote:ok, it looks like the following are all but done deals:

Konchesky 3 million
Meirles 10.75 million

So...assuming there's some cash left. Which striker would you sign?

im sticking with Toivonen

My concern is we're spending £13m+ on two players when we need a striker. Fair does we almost certainly do need a LB, but surely we desperately need a quality striker and have done for two seasons....................?

Maybe Rodriguez and Cole will chip in to add to Kuyt and Gerrard's contribution, assuming they continue past form to a reasonable return. But will N'Gog be good enough back up for Torres should/when he becomes injured?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:59 am

Owzat wrote:My concern is we're spending £13m+ on two players when we need a striker. Fair does we almost certainly do need a LB, but surely we desperately need a quality striker and have done for two seasons....................?

Maybe Rodriguez and Cole will chip in to add to Kuyt and Gerrard's contribution, assuming they continue past form to a reasonable return. But will N'Gog be good enough back up for Torres should/when he becomes injured?

I think Babel will be involved with a swap deal for a striker, his cameo appearances against city & Transab all but confirmed it.
The kids got talent but he's feckin thick he posted on his Twitter that he had been listening to some rap song for 2 days solid  :Oo: his music is more important than getting his head and his career together, its a shame it really is, he could have been great for us, but his passion is obviously music first football second.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:14 am

Honestly has Babel EVER had a run in the starting XI? I mean let's be fair, even N'Gog has had a fairer crack of the whip in his preferred position

90+ mins

Babel 7 goals in 22 apps
N'Gog 5 goals in 11 apps

60-89 mins

Babel 1 goal in 33 apps
N'Gog 7 goals in 18 apps

30-59 mins

Babel 2 goals in 12 apps
N'Gog 0 goals in 2 apps

Up to 30 mins

Babel 11 goals in 65 apps
N'Gog 3 goals in 30 apps

Half of Babel's goals have come in short cameo appearances, and while overall N'Gog has scored 15 goals in 61 apps (1 in 4) compared to Babel's 21 in 132 apps (1 in 6), Babel averages the same amount of time per appearance on the pitch as N'Gog but in a less favourable position to score. A goal every 286 mins isn't bad for someone playing wide a lot of the time nor playing more than 45 mins average. He's unlikely to be played in his favoured position while Torres is fit, and with N'Gog the preferred back-up so may as well go, but has he really been given a fair crack of the whip?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:39 am

7_Kewell wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
metalhead wrote:

he's not a world class full back, but he's solid and will fill the left back problem.

no hes not he is an awful hoof merchant, the though of him and carragher in the same defence makes me cringe.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:13 pm

I see we've made an enquiry for Carlton Cole. I assume this would use up all of the remaining funds. I'm not sure if he's the answer to our problems up front, but better than nobody coming in.
Calum

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Calum wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Calum wrote:Konchesky would be ideal, although sorry to say it again, I would love to see a new striker arrive. I wouldn't mind Adebayor, but Man City wouldn't sell him and he would cost more than what we've just got.

Man city have made it clear they wont sell to anyone who will challenge them for a top 4 slot, so that'll be no deal there.

Toivonen is a good striker and keen to join. Would be a bargin if we could get him for under 10 million

Didn't they want Torres? A bit hypocritical of them, isn't it?

not hypocritical at all,if anyting the oposite.they wanted one of ours players,we said no.if we wanted one of their players they would say no......
they made it clear they wont sell to any toop four team/challengers..id say that is our philosophy also
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Adebayour would do me. As for Konchesky and posters saying its a step backwards,what about josemi, knonkramp ,and the other bloke forgot his name scored in lge cup final 2005. And a few more rafa signed. In fact apart from torres alonso and renia, all the rest rafa signed were average or s.*i*e FACT
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Feck me I said about a week ago it would be Carlton Cole. He's a good player too.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion