You've got 16-22 million to spend - Who would you bring in before tuesday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloMedina28 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:53 am

ridiculous isnt it :laugh:
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:58 pm

I think we just might snatch Turan before the start of next season.
Zidane

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Kevin Doyle!!!! Kevin fecking Doyle!!!! "ridiculous isn't it".

I actually think he is a good player who is on the steep improve. He reminds me a lot of a young Teddy Sheringham, and is turning himself into a thinking mans striker. I think in a good team he would prosper into a top player. Still I do obviously accept that as his name isn't Kevina Doylosinio he's no doubt a piece of sh!t really.

It reminds me a bit of when I said a couple of years back that we should sign Darren Bent, fecking Darren Bent. You couldn't make it up.

As for Roger Johnson and Gary Cahill, I apologise. They're sh!t :laugh: We'd be far better off buying some Argentianian bloke who's got an exotic name.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:50 pm

bigmick wrote:Kevin Doyle!!!! Kevin fecking Doyle!!!! "ridiculous isn't it".

I actually think he is a good player who is on the steep improve. He reminds me a lot of a young Teddy Sheringham, and is turning himself into a thinking mans striker. I think in a good team he would prosper into a top player. Still I do obviously accept that as his name isn't Kevina Doylosinio he's no doubt a piece of sh!t really.

It reminds me a bit of when I said a couple of years back that we should sign Darren Bent, fecking Darren Bent. You couldn't make it up.

As for Roger Johnson and Gary Cahill, I apologise. They're sh!t :laugh: We'd be far better off buying some Argentianian bloke who's got an exotic name.

Ah but does it remind you of when you said Robert Earnshaw  :D
seriously Mick   I agree about Kevin Doyle think he is more than a handful for defences ...a bit like a young Kevin Davis and for the ensuing battle to move up the table  he will be extremely useful .... but it matters not a jot who we buy in Jan  to placate Torres if the manager does not alter his overly cautious tactics
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:53 pm

I agree with Doyle -i think maybe you should realise people dont just want people with exotic sounding names they just want good players and it makes no difference where they are from . English players are generally higher priced so you can get foriegn players with the same ability but cheaper which is why the majority of clubs do go foriegn - and also a lot of english players just arent good enough . Konchesky and Salciedo is perfect example - the foriegn one was cheaper yet he is far better .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:53 pm

We need a striker... but we need to play a system where 2 strikers will be used, otherwise no one will ever join us.

Id lvoe to see someone who just smashes them in, but Stevie will have to know he isnt playing as the 2nd striker as much...

Personaly fave would be someone like Robin Van Persie
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liambaitup21 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Peter Crouch?? :D
Robbie Fowler a True GOD!!!
liambaitup21

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:24 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

seriously Mick   I agree about Kevin Doyle think he is more than a handful for defences ...a bit like a young Kevin Davis and for the ensuing battle to move up the table  he will be extremely useful .... but it matters not a jot who we buy in Jan  to placate Torres if the manager does not alter his overly cautious tactics

:laugh: Robert Earnshaw.

I did mention Robert Earnshaw in a thread which asked who you would sign if you had absolutely no money whatsoever, and to be totally honest I stand by the call at the time (it was about four years ago). In fairness though, nobody gets it right every time, not even managers.

All of us have had our Dossena moments (well OK perhaps not Dossena moments but possibly Aquilani moments, oh Ok then Martin Skrtel moments at least) where we've suggested players which haven't come good. Generally speaking though I'd put my picks against most.

Funnily enough with Doyle, it was actually Benny the Noon who first suggested him on here. Unfortunately while he was doing it he was also laughing at the prospect of anybody rating Darren Bent (obviously before he scored 25 goals last season or whatever the feck it was for Sunderland), so it got lost in the fog a bit.

That said, I've watched him a few times over the last year or so and I think he's developed into a really good player. He used to be "up and at em", but now he's much more clever and has a preceptive pass to his game, as well as the ability to find little pockets of space. Like I say he reminds me of Teddy Sheringham in his Tottenham days, before he really blossomed at the Mancs. We'd do well to get him IMHO.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Kevin Doyle? Are you takin a :censored:?

Typical "WE MUST HAVE BRITISH PLAYERS".
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby liambaitup21 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Kevin Doyles a joke. Put the Irland game on now and se if you think he is Liverpool quaity? ???? ???? ?????
Robbie Fowler a True GOD!!!
liambaitup21

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Kevin Doyles a good player. He also isn't British so I'm not sure I understand your point.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:06 pm

bigmick wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

:laugh: Robert Earnshaw.

I did mention Robert Earnshaw in a thread which asked who you would sign if you had absolutely no money whatsoever, and to be totally honest I stand by the call at the time (it was about four years ago). In fairness though, nobody gets it right every time, not even managers.

All of us have had our Dossena moments (well OK perhaps not Dossena moments but possibly Aquilani moments, oh Ok then Martin Skrtel moments at least) where we've suggested players which haven't come good. Generally speaking though I'd put my picks against most.

Funnily enough with Doyle, it was actually Benny the Noon who first suggested him on here. Unfortunately while he was doing it he was also laughing at the prospect of anybody rating Darren Bent (obviously before he scored 25 goals last season or whatever the feck it was for Sunderland), so it got lost in the fog a bit.

That said, I've watched him a few times over the last year or so and I think he's developed into a really good player. He used to be "up and at em", but now he's much more clever and has a preceptive pass to his game, as well as the ability to find little pockets of space. Like I say he reminds me of Teddy Sheringham in his Tottenham days, before he really blossomed at the Mancs. We'd do well to get him IMHO.

I for my sins had a Diao moment way back in 2004 my first week on the board and a fallout with LeonMc ....... who hated Diao   he was right Diao was shabite
:laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:08 pm

I thought Diao was alrighht at first too :laugh:. I actually think my worst moment was Pelligrino, I really liked him the first time I saw him. Even Diouf looked class in the World Cup for Senegal too  :(
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:19 pm

bigmick wrote:Kevin Doyles a good player. He also isn't British so I'm not sure I understand your point.

Ginger brittish players then  :rasp
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:21 pm

bigmick wrote:I thought Diao was alrighht at first too :laugh:. I actually think my worst moment was Pelligrino, I really liked him the first time I saw him. Even Diouf looked class in the World Cup for Senegal too  :(

:D Kvarme thought he was class first few appearances ...and then well the rest is well noted
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion