You've got 16-22 million to spend - Who would you bring in before tuesday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Calum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 pm

rocky29 wrote:
Calum wrote:I'll criticise him whenever I want. And it was less than 6 months ago when he left. Opinions are all about criticisms as well as praise. If criticisms weren't aloud, there would hardly be any posts.

i wonder if keane and crouch are gona haunt rafa when spurs meet inter milan in the champions league next month.

I would love it if they do.
Calum

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Someone noted earlier about the top clubs not signing many big name players, aside from Man City. Lets not forget the 50% tax doo dah. Remember Arshavin when he signed for Arsenal? He was happy to sign until he realised, because of the tax, he was on less money then he was at his previous club. This tax is putting a lot of players off from coming to England. So all the bitching and whining has to have some element of common sense. This tax isnt helping. Only clubs like Chelsea and City are able to offer not only ludicrous amounts in transfer fees, but the same amounts in wages and bonuses.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Someone noted earlier about the top clubs not signing many big name players, aside from Man City. Lets not forget the 50% tax doo dah. Remember Arshavin when he signed for Arsenal? He was happy to sign until he realised, because of the tax, he was on less money then he was at his previous club. This tax is putting a lot of players off from coming to England. So all the bitching and whining has to have some element of common sense. This tax isnt helping. Only clubs like Chelsea and City are able to offer not only ludicrous amounts in transfer fees, but the same amounts in wages and bonuses.

I think Chelsea have now cut back in wages - ie - the exits of Cole, Ballack, Deco. Man City are just obscene. I hope they fall flat on their faces.
Calum

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:06 am

Calum wrote:I think Chelsea have now cut back in wages - ie - the exits of Cole, Ballack, Deco. Man City are just obscene. I hope they fall flat on their faces.

For now Chelsea have, as they are still getting success. But in a couple of years they will need to improve the squad which is getting old, and renew contracts with much improved ones (look at Lampard when he was negotiating a new one).

Man City will go the same way as Chelsea. Once they realise that all the money in the world wont buy the Champions League AND the league, they will start to cut back on transfers as they will not see a healthy return on the investment.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:07 am

I suggest we lock this thread 'cos a) it's all academic anyway, and b) we don't have 16-22M Lira to spend !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ethanr » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:38 am

true, transfer market is closed and now people are just arguing about stupid things and going off topic.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:54 am

bunglemark2 wrote:I suggest we lock this thread 'cos a) it's all academic anyway, and b) we don't have 16-22M Lira to spend !!

a) It raises discussion

and

b) But as far as spending goes, we did. On the players bought so far its about £15 million, and roy was trying to draft in another striker.

Stop being so boring !  :D
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:33 am

for a team who didn't have any money to spend, we didn't do badly
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:46 am

ethanr wrote:true, transfer market is closed and now people are just arguing about stupid things and going off topic.

ok..............its January and you've got 15 million to spend............. :D
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:56 am

a bit disappointed we didnt sign VDV on the cheap. Spurs signed him instead, but
if this means more chance for our youngsters then bravo.

the problem with ManC is that they signed good/avg players using prices that are only
reserved for world class players,
and as a result they think that they have a world class team but the truth is they only got
players that are extraordinary expensive. n that's it.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:27 am

Octsky wrote:a bit disappointed we didnt sign VDV on the cheap. Spurs signed him instead, but
if this means more chance for our youngsters then bravo.

the problem with ManC is that they signed good/avg players using prices that are only
reserved for world class players,
and as a result they think that they have a world class team but the truth is they only got
players that are extraordinary expensive. n that's it.

Good point on the Man city team they are very good players not world class,  there will continue to be high turnover at MC especially if they get top 4 this year.  As far as VDV is concerned - I class him as a squad player at best someone to give you options but not start day in day out.  He isn't better than Cole or Gerrard.  I'm not too fussed about not having another midfielder,  but its criminal we didn't get a CF.  If you look at the prices being asked for attacking players it didn't look like good value.  Gyan was overpriced and more than 8 or 9 mil for c cole would have been robbery.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:50 am

crim cram wrote:
ethanr wrote:true, transfer market is closed and now people are just arguing about stupid things and going off topic.

ok..............its January and you've got 15 million to spend............. :D

It's January?

Fek, I overslept more than I thought last night! :O

But as of now, it's kind of hard to look for the striker we need in January. Those who will be in our price range if our current conditions don't improve, we have to watch them now and see if they are consistently playing the same way.  January signings will probably be completely different than what we expect at the moment.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:54 pm

crim cram wrote:I'm not too fussed about not having another midfielder,  but its criminal we didn't get a CF.  If you look at the prices being asked for attacking players it didn't look like good value.  Gyan was overpriced and more than 8 or 9 mil for c cole would have been robbery.

i think that's why we haven't signed anyone. Roy has some money to spend (10 million at a guess) and I don't think he wanted to waste it on a panic purchase.

I think we'll be ok until Jan, but expect to see someone brought in by then.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:13 pm

assuming we have some money...perhaps 25million to spend, what are the areas which need attention apart from getting a new striker who is better than our back-ups to Torres? i reckon we desperately need a proper left back and a left winger as i do not see Cole playing there at all. he has never been, and will never be a left winger.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:I suggest we lock this thread 'cos a) it's all academic anyway, and b) we don't have 16-22M Lira to spend !!

a) It raises discussion

and

b) But as far as spending goes, we did. On the players bought so far its about £15 million, and roy was trying to draft in another striker.

Stop being so boring !  :D

It's October luv....no money can be spent until the x-fer window opens again.
Boring, huh ?
It's a fact sweetie....  :D  :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion