m o'neil 9/2
Riijkaard 13/2
Lippi 15/2
any other 10/1

next prem manager to go:
7/4 rafa
15/8 none
7/2 keegan

not looking good when keegans job is more secure ion the bookies eyes than rafas!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby john1992 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 pm

how would you say the fans are divided

for and against raffa

i would say that there is currnently more against that for raffa
john1992

Postby nobybob » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Owzat wrote:
kopite_1232002 wrote:

Tophatman - whatever we spent 10 years ago barely matters, what matters is we've outspent Arsenal and yet they're top and we're not. Those who think Rafa can do a fergie are kidding themselves, Rafa is unlikely to find a rival willing to sell us a Cantona and Keane at a bargain price and he's shown no likelihood of doing a Wenger and finding (as opposed to buying with millions) a Fabregas, Toure or Anelka (winding the clock back) When Wenger spends money it's £7m on an Adebayor, £2.75m on a Van Persie, £10m on a Hleb. Maybe if we want the league title we shouldn't spend £7m-£10m on players but spend it on getting Wenger. I'd not be upset if he decided to bring half his Arsenal side with him, better than what Rafa brought in from Valencia

welll why dont you feck off and go support the gunners then ?
nobybob

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:34 pm

nobybob wrote:welll why dont you feck off and go support the gunners then ?

Another great response. It's Ok to say "listen it took Fergie seven years to win the title", or it's Ok to point out that "We finished above Arsenal in both of the last two seasons" but it's not Ok if you are beginning to have doubts about the manager to compare his/our record to other clubs?

Some of the posters on here beggar belief they really do.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:58 pm

bigmick wrote:

Another great response. It's Ok to say "listen it took Fergie seven years to win the title", or it's Ok to point out that "We finished above Arsenal in both of the last two seasons" but it's not Ok if you are beginning to have doubts about the manager to compare his/our record to other clubs?

Actually mate,  through this season many have taken the "arsenal" or "manure" comparison and the happy clappers has just responsed "it took fergie seven years" or "we finished above Arsenal" etc... etc...

I think we shouldn't compare Liverpool with other teams because I think its irrelevant, what we should compare is Liverpool this season with past seasons.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:59 pm

bigmick wrote:

mick -that"s exactly why alot of people on here
have given up replying to alot of posts!!
some of the comments on here really do
begger belief!

& while it continues, it will only dis-courage the
real knowledgeable posters on here, which is
a real shame, as i think there are some very
entertaining people, on this forum,however
the personal abuse some people get is way oot
& totally uncalled for, opinion"s are 1 thing
but when all they can do is to throw
abuse to cover up there lack of knowledge
of our history, & what we stand for it makes
me (& i"m sure lots of others on here)
think why bother!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:01 am

metalhead wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Actually mate,  through this season many have taken the "arsenal" or "manure" comparison and the happy clappers has just responsed "it took fergie seven years" or "we finished above Arsenal" etc... etc...

I think we shouldn't compare Liverpool with other teams because I think its irrelevant, what we should compare is Liverpool this season with past seasons.

Ok lets compare it with the 1959-60 season, we were in the second division, now we're in the top flight division. This is a much better season.

Just thought I'd get it in before any of those who liked Benitez decided to bring it up.

Sorry to be an annoying :censored: at times, but someone has to be.  :D
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:04 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
metalhead wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Ok lets compare it with the 1959-60 season, we were in the second division, now we're in the top flight division. This is a much better season.

Just thought I'd get it in before any of those who liked Benitez decided to bring it up.

Sorry to be an annoying :censored: at times, but someone has to be.  :D

:D

I think we should compare this season in the past, lets say 10 years, to see if we progressed or compare this season with other Benitez season and analyze it. I don't like reading "Yeh Well Arsene won it with Arsenal :D

Yes we have gone backwards thats true
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MR C » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:15 pm

i've hated rafa from the 1st season and want him out...but if the alternative is junk like o'neil then i'm prepared to grin and bare it.i dread to think the junk players o'neil would bring in.

i fear our board has not got a clue on who to bringi n ,its been like this for 18 seasons.

i'm not gay before people think i am,but i'm convinced the key to liverpool returning to success is to bring a good looking manager.no more weirdo looking guys like houlier and rafa,who have a complex thus resulting in him bringing in underdog type players who represent him.these players can't hack the pressure of what is asked of them. its time for no more underdogs hoping to turn good,lets get cocky guys who naturally believe in themselves.
MR C

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:21 pm

MR C wrote:i've hated rafa from the 1st season and want him out...but if the alternative is junk like o'neil then i'm prepared to grin and bare it.i dread to think the junk players o'neil would bring in.

i fear our board has not got a clue on who to bringi n ,its been like this for 18 seasons.

i'm not gay before people think i am,but i'm convinced the key to liverpool returning to success is to bring a good looking manager.no more weirdo looking guys like houlier and rafa,who have a complex thus resulting in him bringing in underdog type players who represent him.these players can't hack the pressure of what is asked of them. its time for no more underdogs hoping to turn good,lets get cocky guys who naturally believe in themselves.

You are obviously on a wind up coming up with sh!!!!!!!!!te like that.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:22 pm

*_Ruthless_* wrote:
Ciggy wrote:I might not agree with Rafas rotation policy but he was not to blame for todays results, he has been in the past but not todays.
Because them players on that pitch should have beaten Barnsley.

And all them tw@ts in the Barnsley topic please fuck off they havent been near this forum since 2005 and now they swarm like wasps feck off you shower of tw@ts call yerselves Liverpool fans?
My feckin @rse.

What a gang of gobsh!tes we have supporting us I worry for our future I really, really do.

Not one of them kunts have logged on here since the G & H palava well the knives are out now for Rafa alright.

Fuck off you glory hunting b@stards.

You know what ive never come across such a arragont moron in my entire life!!

U may have thousands of posts ... But take away all the pointless posts and u'd only have 5 posts under your name!

Just because u spend most of ur time on here posting doesn't mean u support Liverpool more then anyone else ... Liverpool fans are the friendliest fans in the world and stick together through the hard times ..

So get a grip and STFU!

this just shows that you've never read any of ciggy post you bell,

there are and have been some right b~ll ends on here, so it is up to you if you are going to be one or just get involved with stupid name calling while claiming to be a REAL FAN

all i recommend is read some of the treads before you start gobbing off to one of the more sensible people on here.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
MR C wrote:i've hated rafa from the 1st season and want him out...but if the alternative is junk like o'neil then i'm prepared to grin and bare it.i dread to think the junk players o'neil would bring in.

It's obvious even to me, who I was bad spotting wums  :D

It's been a lot of time since I reported a post. BUt this

but i'm convinced the key to liverpool returning to success is to bring a good looking manager

Made me almost click the report button  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Yer Moyes is feckin gorgeus isnt he bog eyed b@stard.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:20 pm

Sabre wrote:
but i'm convinced the key to liverpool returning to success is to bring a good looking manager

Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan and Kenny Dalglish. My god they had the girls drooling over them eh ???

What a :censored: you are.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:

Oh, I don't know about that. Going by half the posts I've read over the past month, half of this forum would be on a wind up.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion