You just have to take your hat off to the man - Immense contribution and brave descision

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:12 pm

Alright boys, I was lucky enough to have witnessed at first hand the game today, and I was totally buzzing. I thought we were not really any better than average when it comes to football, but we contained the Scum very well, and created enough opportunities to warrant the win.

My point I want to make is, and read on first before you post the usual Leon is a t#s#er replies, is the outstanding contributions made today. In my opinion, there where three...

Stevie G - there are simply not enough words, hours or forums to sing the preaises of this lad. He is undoubtably the most amazing player I have witnessed at Anfield since the glory days, and he is simply a joy to behold. He outfought Keane, he out ran Ronaldo, he outfoxed Brown and he Skinned Ugly Kid Neville who could only bring him down. The lad is outstanding, the only reason we are in with a sniff of Champions League next term, and without him this term we would be fighting relegation. The lad is unreal, and I am simply in AWE. You must take your hat off to the lad.

Houllier - Now before you all fly off the handle, and start on the anti Houllier massages hear me out. Now I am not saying that I think Steve Finnan is any kind of right midfielder, and I am not advacating the nagativity of playing with just one man upfront, but just listen. Houlliers descision to play a lad who was well below form going into todays game was inspirational. It takes a really good manager to realise that it is sometimes horses for courses, and some players are simply made to play in big games. Houllier today recognised the potential of Murphy against the scum, and how he constantly raises his game at the theatre of penalties. You must admit it was an excellent selection.  I am not saying he should remain manger, or forgiving previous misdemeanours, just giving credit where it is due. You must take your hat off to the man.

Danny Murphy - again, I am not forgiving seemingly inept previous displays this season, or advocating an England call. simply credit where it is due. Three times in the last four seasons the lad has stepped up to the plate and done his upmost to preserve the pride of me and you. His display today beckoned back to the period last season when he was the only player doing it when we went all those games without a win. That is three winners in four years at Old Trafford, the stuff I dream about regularly. In four years when our only real ambitions have been to beat the Blue sh##e at Jurrasic Park and The Scum at the theatre of penalties, he has delivered the goals and put in the performances that made these games our only real highlight in what have been poor seasons. Credit where it is due. You must take your hat off to the lad.

Your thoughts people, Stu,JBG and Dalglish I look forward to reading yours.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:34 pm

boll##ks :)
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:35 pm

lol only joking, teas burning, al reply after i ate it :D

haha
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:35 pm

Come back the old Stu all is forgiven.

:D

:D
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:38 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Stevie G - there are simply not enough words, hours or forums to sing the preaises of this lad. He is undoubtably the most amazing player I have witnessed at Anfield since the glory days, and he is simply a joy to behold. He outfought Keane, he out ran Ronaldo, he outfoxed Brown and he Skinned Ugly Kid Neville who could only bring him down. The lad is outstanding, the only reason we are in with a sniff of Champions League next term, and without him this term we would be fighting relegation. The lad is unreal, and I am simply in AWE. You must take your hat off to the lad.

Totally agree.Without Gerrard we would be fighting a relegation battle.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion