You have 30 million... - ... how do you make us champions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:25 pm

I can't believe some are suggesting we don't replace Alonso and buy Silva. 2 bad decisions in one. Please don't move back Gerrard
as we know Gerrad-Torres=world class(not only on paper).

Not that I'd like Silva but 1st and foremost a quality CM is needed imo and that will eat up 15-20 million. If money is left over after some defensive cover also, then I'd go for a offensive player. But after all that I do not see us having 25-30 million left to buy Silva and if we did I sure as **** would place him on the wings as Riera and Kuyt are no world beaters if you take of your rose tinted glasses.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Spowellybaby » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:44 pm

kuyt is one of our best players and benayoun for backup rw, lw need competetion for riera, a cm and maybe cb..my first post :)
Spowellybaby

Postby roberto green » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Spowellybaby wrote:kuyt is one of our best players and benayoun for backup rw, lw need competetion for riera, a cm and maybe cb..my first post :)

Yeah well welcome aboard, I kind of agree with you but Benayoun can also cover Riera's position and done really well the second half of the season and will look to push on this season and possibly be a main stay in our team.

Don't forget Barcelona were also interested in Benayoun at the close of the season so it shows how well he done last season

:)
roberto green

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:52 pm

Spowellybaby wrote:kuyt is one of our best players and benayoun for backup rw, lw need competetion for riera, a cm and maybe cb..my first post :)

First post and bravely steps straight into the Kuyt debate  :no

:D
account deleted by request

Postby Spowellybaby » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:57 pm

lol is that bad?sorry was jus sayin from the post before mine that we dnt need rw's, kuyt is proven :buttrock
Spowellybaby

Postby Spowellybaby » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:59 pm

i think that beni shud stay rw for some reason roberto, dnt ask me why lol and then the only cover for riera is el zhar....umm nt sure gud enough, jus to ask can tuncay play lw or? :upside:
Spowellybaby

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:00 pm

???

You think Kuyt position is proven yet want Yossi to stay RW ??!
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:01 pm

good..

Hey Gybs, i found you a friend !   :p

Seriously though, what happens if Kuyt doesnt score 10+ goals this season ? which i dont think he will...

Rieras the better player of the 2 for me... but with Kuyts goal scoring run at the end of last season the guy has become even more of an untouchable than he was before...

Hopefully, Babel steps it up a notch or two this season -to me, hes been our best player in preseason so far- and shows what hes capable of... maybe trying him upfront more often wouldnt be such a bad idea given what we have up there atm..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Fabiomenal 1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:03 pm

I think Liverpool needs only two players if it won't sell anyone: an offensive midfielder and a substitute of Torres.
They're could be: Wesley Sneijder who I consider an offensive midfielder more than a player who must move himself on the midfield line; as forward David Trezeguet or Goran Pandev who broke up with Juventus and Lazio.
The Fabiomenal 1

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:04 pm

And what happens when he does score ten plus goals once again for the third season with us ? yes thats right last season wasnt the first time he scored ten plus goals for us in a season .

And babel been our best player in pre season ?!?!?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Fabiomenal 1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Kuyt is very important for Liverpool non olnly for goals he guarantees. During a match there's always his presence and in football I believe it's fundamental having players who keep rhythm up. Dirk does it!
The Fabiomenal 1

Postby heimdall » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:18 pm

GYBS wrote: ???

You think Kuyt position is proven yet want Yossi to stay RW ??!

WOW even when someone agrees with you you argue with them.  :no
If you read his post he said Kuyt RW wil Benni as backup which I'd go along with as long as Kuyt is playing at his current level, as soon as it dips we need benni t take over the RW.

Anyway with the £30 million I would go for the best striker I could find, hopefully Villa, and move Stevie into a more traditional AM role with Mascha as DM.
heimdall

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:20 pm

The Fabiomenal 1 wrote:Kuyt is very important for Liverpool non olnly for goals he guarantees. During a match there's always his presence and in football I believe it's fundamental having players who keep rhythm up. Dirk does it!

his presence ? you mean like the corner flags' presence ?!

for what its worth, i think he'd make a great mascot once the goals dry up ...

Just kidding before Gybs gets a heart attack and blames me !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Spowellybaby » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:30 pm

id say.. tuncay if can get for about 6 mill, wudnt go over 8
           aqualini or sneijder, if hell come 18mil
           if not apparently wer intrested in cattermole who is   young and tough but duno if he will fill alonso role
Spowellybaby

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Aqualini £15m
Joe Cole £12m
Distin £3m
*_Ruthless_*

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion