You have 30 million... - ... how do you make us champions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:00 pm

aCe' wrote:Aquilani -15mill
Mexes - 12mill
Pavlyuchenko - 8mill

so around 35mill and we'd have a much better squad/starting 11 than we did last season... Mexes and Aquilani would go straight into the starting 11 and Pavlyuchenko would make brilliant cover for Torres and could come in when we choose to go with 2 upfront..

Other option would be bringing in Silva for 25-30mill... that however would restirict our spending in other areas and i feel having backup for Torres and our CBs is an absolute must.. so if funds are as tight as you predict they are (which i dont think is the case because Rafa clearly stated after Johnson was signed that we still have funds to buy atleast 1 more player if needed), then we should make sure we use the money in hand wisely...

You're talking at least 60k a week for all those guys, which takes you to about 9 million a year in wages between the three... you're miles over budget mate :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:04 pm

I don't understand why we didn't try and shop Babel harder.  Even if we got just 7 or 8 for him, we could have tried giving Xabi a raise with the cash or if not, put it to better use. Much would have rather sold both of Degen and Dossena and then kept Arbeloa, would have brought in more cash in the short term, and since Arbeloa would have a better chance of featuring on the left too, maybe he would play enough to want to stay (also I am sure if we refused to sell to Real this summer, they would have gotten somebody else, and then maybe Real wouldn't be an option for him next summer and he would extend his contract with us?)

I think we could have tried to milk Real for everything we need though. I would have said straight swap: Torres, Metzelder, Sneijder, and Negredo for Arbeloa and Alonso. Versatile fullback, good in the air, experienced centre half, dynamic central midfielder, and solid cover for Torres.
JoeTerp

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:06 pm

red37 wrote:I'd expect Silva to go for around the same figure as Alonso has, if not a bit more.

Anyway, we'll soon see how much Valencia want for him (and Villa....or both!) after them shower of s.hits play them on Wednesday night   :glare:

Whats the bets any player we go for now will 'by coincidence' cost 30 million given that clubs will know we have it from the probable Alonso sale.

I guarantee Valencia would ask at least that for Silva now.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:07 pm

john craig wrote:
Mexes - 12mill
Pavlyuchenko - 8mill

so around 35mill and we'd have a much better squad/starting 11 than we did last season... Mexes and Aquilani would go straight into the starting 11 and Pavlyuchenko would make brilliant cover for Torres and could come in when we choose to go with 2 upfront..

Other option would be bringing in Silva for 25-30mill... that however would restirict our spending in other areas and i feel having backup for Torres and our CBs is an absolute must.. so if funds are as tight as you predict they are (which i dont think is the case because Rafa clearly stated after Johnson was signed that we still have funds to buy atleast 1 more player if needed), then we should make sure we use the money in hand wisely...

You're talking at least 60k a week for all those guys, which takes you to about 9 million a year in wages between the three... you're miles over budget mate :laugh:

i said in about 3 or 4 posts later that the wages things shouldnt be a big deal... look at the players we've lost in the last 8months or so and tell me if that doesnt free up wages...

we sold/released Pennant, Keane(12-15mill), Hyypia, Arbeloa(3.5mill), Alonso (?), Leto(3.5mill), Hobbs(?), Anderson(?)... since then the only players to come in have been Johnson (reportedly 8mill put cancelled debt) and a couple of youngsters who i suppose were signed for peanuts and are thus paid in peanuts... Dossena seems to be on his way out too so i wouldnt really be all that worried about small details...

We'll assume Keane and Johnson were paid similar fees.. thats about 7mill in transfer funds you havent accounted for + whatever wages the other players commanded... so i think if we wanted the players above, and if they were available at the fees i have up there then the wages thing shouldnt be a big issue...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:07 pm

Its in my mind Ace , thats all, we will see , id be made up if he got the lot of who we eventualy do sell , But i can only see him being able to bring in one more player, an i just cant see them letting him blow Xabis fee on it, Everyone knows we need a winger an a striker , so why havnt they come up with the readies for any of them, Why wait until Xabi is sold, As i said id love it , but we will see
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:10 pm

aCe' wrote:
john craig wrote:
Mexes - 12mill
Pavlyuchenko - 8mill

i said in about 3 or 4 posts later that the wages things shouldnt be a big deal... look at the players we've lost in the last 8months or so and tell me if that doesnt free up wages...

we sold/released Pennant, Keane(12-15mill), Hyypia, Arbeloa(3.5mill), Alonso (?), Leto(3.5mill), Hobbs(?), Anderson(?)... since then the only players to come in have been Johnson (reportedly 8mill put cancelled debt) and a couple of youngsters who i suppose were signed for peanuts and are thus paid in peanuts... Dossena seems to be on his way out too so i wouldnt really be all that worried about small details...

We'll assume Keane and Johnson were paid similar fees.. thats about 7mill in transfer funds you havent accounted for + whatever wages the other players commanded... so i think if we wanted the players above, and if they were available at the fees i have up there then the wages thing shouldnt be a big issue...

But you're completely ignoring the improved deals handed out to Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt, Agger and Benayoun which would be costing us a fair whack too.

I'll sit down and try and work it out properly some time when I get time.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:13 pm

john craig wrote:
red37 wrote:I'd expect Silva to go for around the same figure as Alonso has, if not a bit more.

Anyway, we'll soon see how much Valencia want for him (and Villa....or both!) after them shower of s.hits play them on Wednesday night   :glare:

Whats the bets any player we go for now will 'by coincidence' cost 30 million given that clubs will know we have it from the probable Alonso sale.

ManUtd are in for Silva aswell so i expect them to match and increase any bid we make for him anyways... I have a feeling that silva was there for the taking early on when Valencias troubles were at an all time high but we just couldnt wrap it up... now that theyr in a better financial position and with other big clubs seemingly desperate to add quality to their sides i think his price just increased quite a bit... 30mill i think is the minimum you'd expect to get him for now...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 pm

john craig wrote:
aCe' wrote:
john craig wrote:
Mexes - 12mill
Pavlyuchenko - 8mill

But you're completely ignoring the improved deals handed out to Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt, Agger and Benayoun which would be costing us a fair whack too.

I'll sit down and try and work it out properly some time when I get time.

coolios... its all hypothetical anyways mate its not like i would expect us to sign those players im just saying they would make a good shopping list for us at the prices being thrown around by the media...
but would be interesting to see how our wage structure is if you can actually manage to find the data around...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 pm

aCe' wrote:
john craig wrote:

ManUtd are in for Silva aswell so i expect them to match and increase any bid we make for him anyways... I have a feeling that silva was there for the taking early on when Valencias troubles were at an all time high but we just couldnt wrap it up... now that theyr in a better financial position and with other big clubs seemingly desperate to add quality to their sides i think his price just increased quite a bit... 30mill i think is the minimum you'd expect to get him for now...

I'm not sure how much United are actually interested in Silva.  Ferguson has said in public that he isn't signing anyone else.  I know he's not necessarily to be trusted, but I just have a feeling there's nothing in this United/Silva story at all.

I don't think we'll get Silva either unfortunately.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:19 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Its in my mind Ace , thats all, we will see , id be made up if he got the lot of who we eventualy do sell , But i can only see him being able to bring in one more player, an i just cant see them letting him blow Xabis fee on it, Everyone knows we need a winger an a striker , so why havnt they come up with the readies for any of them, Why wait until Xabi is sold, As i said id love it , but we will see

i get what you're saying but i dont think Rafas the type to just take such a thing on the chin and stay quiet...
would have expected a press conference to announce it and all that follows..  :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:19 pm

aCe' wrote:but would be interesting to see how our wage structure is if you can actually manage to find the data around...

I imagine it'll be near fecking impossible to find accurate figures and most will be guesswork :laugh:

It'll probably be easy enough to get figures for the top guys like Torres and Gerrard and the rest will be guesstimates based on sqaud status/age/length of time at club and whatever else.

I agree though it would be interesting to get more of an idea of how it's structured
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:22 pm

john craig wrote:
aCe' wrote:
john craig wrote:

I'm not sure how much United are actually interested in Silva.  Ferguson has said in public that he isn't signing anyone else.  I know he's not necessarily to be trusted, but I just have a feeling there's nothing in this United/Silva story at all.

I don't think we'll get Silva either unfortunately.

dont think we'll get Silva either... i actually quite like Riera so it isnt that big a miss if you ask me -given the money we would have spent- .. would have liked being linked to Villa or a right winger alot more but thats even more far-fetched...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Buy booze and hookers with it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Micah Richards - £Fook knows
Wesley Sneijder - £18m
Eidur Gudjohnsen - £5m
LFC2007

Postby dawson99 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Gudjohnson is a good shout, but i still havent forgiven him for trying to get Alonso sent off during the semis that time

And I don't like that Manure are playing them on Wednesday, sounds like deals may be done
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion