You have 30 million... - ... how do you make us champions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:30 pm

aCe' wrote:
The Fabiomenal 1 wrote:Kuyt is very important for Liverpool non olnly for goals he guarantees. During a match there's always his presence and in football I believe it's fundamental having players who keep rhythm up. Dirk does it!

his presence ? you mean like the corner flags' presence ?!

for what its worth, i think he'd make a great mascot once the goals dry up ...

Just kidding before Gybs gets a heart attack and blames me !

This coming from someone who rated pennant so highly , he's not fit enough to lace kuyt's boots . Ace when will you ever come out and praise kuyt , if he does score 15 again this season will you still be so critical of him? He was picked ahead of hunteelar in the last euro's and he performed out on the right like he does for liverpool . Kuyt is a selfless player who tomorrow is asked to play right back would gladly do without sulking , can't think of anyone else who would do that bar stevie. Like it or not ace , kuyt is here to stay and will be first choice for the right mid next season .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 pm

The Fabiomenal 1 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
The Fabiomenal 1 wrote:Kuyt is very important for Liverpool non olnly for goals he guarantees. During a match there's always his presence and in football I believe it's fundamental having players who keep rhythm up. Dirk does it!

I disagree at all. If I asked you a ranking of the most decisives Liverpool's players what would you write me? I think after Torres and Gerrard there is Kuyt, not Riera, Benayoun or Babel.

well... it depends on how you define 'decisive'.. to me the guy has done very well last season scoring the number of goals he did... whether he can do the same this season remains to be seen... for his contribution from last season its hard to look past him for the RW spot... However, simply looking at stats wouldnt really tell the whole story... We scored the most goals in the league yet the main concern to most Liverpool fans is the sides lack of creativity especially against smaller sides... To me, Dirk is a a part of the problem rather than a part of the solution... his contribution in such games is questionable if he doesnt score.. its like having an Inzaghi upfront who doesnt score goals... does he do much besides scoring ? no... But as long as he continues scoring its not a big issue that he doesnt contribute to other aspects.. Well, KKuys main contribution to the side should be scoring, it should be creeating... helping to unlock defenses... the fact that he scores is to his credit of course but if he doesnt do the job his position requires him to do, then the situation would need addressing...

as i said, atm the guy is untouchable, if he continues to score as many, he wont be dropped... we'll change the LW, the CMs, the FBs and everything else before considering changing him.... UNTIL the goals dry up....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 pm

The Fabiomenal 1 wrote:
aCe' wrote:

I disagree at all. If I asked you a ranking of the most decisives Liverpool's players what would you write me? I think after Torres and Gerrard there is Kuyt, not Riera, Benayoun or Babel.

Spot :censored: on , in the big games there aren't many you'd pick ahead of dirk kuyt. Very underrated player i feel
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:34 pm

he had one bad period during his career when the goals dried up in the league around the same time as his father died . you keep mentioning about the goals drying up - his first season he was our top scorer in the league then he was top scorer in the cl the next season - despite having a poor time in the league and we can all see how well he did last season.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Sell kuyt , sign robert earnshaw :p
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Sell kuyt , sign robert earnshaw :p

You see why post this up just to wind me up and stir things    ??? It contributes nothing to the discussion, and quite frankly Toffees I thought you were above such comments. It really gets me when people are a dog with two bones and they won't stop playing with them.

Feck off Toff  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Kuyt is a selfless player who tomorrow i*f* asked to play right back would gladly do without sulking

Why ofcourse he would... bet the little nutter is as shocked as i am that hes playing for Liveprool... he'd be the tea lady if asked too..

hell, ive seen girls in the chinese womens national side who look more like footie players than he does...  :p

Give it a rest guys im not saying hes a bad player or any of that, im saying his style of play isnt one that really helps the cause when we're trying to break down teams that park the bus.. is it his fault he plays like that ? not at all... I havent criticized his performances of last season so i dont know where you get the "quite criticizing him" part from... i actually give him credit pretty much everytime i mention his name for his contributions of last season.. all im saying is that if we're looking to change things up a little to look better against smaller sides that park the bus then maybe a more suited player to a right wing role could go some way in addressing that...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:48 pm

bigmick wrote:

You see why post this up just to wind me up and stir things    ??? It contributes nothing to the discussion, and quite frankly Toffees I thought you were above such comments. It really gets me when people are a dog with two bones and they won't stop playing with them.

in one of those moods then mick i see - any reason why your acting like a child
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:49 pm

GYBS wrote:
bigmick wrote:

:laugh: Fecking hell  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:49 pm

bigmick wrote:

:D , sorry mate !!!!!!!
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:49 pm

GYBS wrote:he had one bad period during his career when the goals dried up in the league around the same time as his father died . you keep mentioning about the goals drying up - his first season he was our top scorer in the league then he was top scorer in the cl the next season - despite having a poor time in the league and we can all see how well he did last season.

he didnt have 'one bad spell' GYBS.... come on mate lets not start twisting things ... the guy has been criticized yet and again ever since he joined the club for a reason.. its not like everyone just doesnt rate him despite him being a good player... he had a good spell towards the end of last season... thats pretty much it.. everything else was pretty much one off performances in the middle of below par spells...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:50 pm

GYBS wrote:
bigmick wrote:

He was messing around i think  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:52 pm

aCe' wrote:
GYBS wrote:he had one bad period during his career when the goals dried up in the league around the same time as his father died . you keep mentioning about the goals drying up - his first season he was our top scorer in the league then he was top scorer in the cl the next season - despite having a poor time in the league and we can all see how well he did last season.

he didnt have 'one bad spell' GYBS.... come on mate lets not start twisting things ... the guy has been criticized yet and again ever since he joined the club for a reason.. its not like everyone just doesnt rate him despite him being a good player... he had a good spell towards the end of last season... thats pretty much it.. everything else was pretty much one off performances in the middle of below par spells...

right so he wasnt our top scorer in the league in his first season in the prem during 06/07 or our top scorer in the cl during the 07/08 season scoring vital goals nor at the begining of last season when he scored more crucial goals in the cl and winners in the prem . kuyt has done a lot more than just have a good end to the season last season .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:52 pm

aCe' wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Kuyt is a selfless player who tomorrow i*f* asked to play right back would gladly do without sulking

Why ofcourse he would... bet the little nutter is as shocked as i am that hes playing for Liveprool... he'd be the tea lady if asked too..

hell, ive seen girls in the chinese womens national side who look more like footie players than he does...  :p

Give it a rest guys im not saying hes a bad player or any of that, im saying his style of play isnt one that really helps the cause when we're trying to break down teams that park the bus.. is it his fault he plays like that ? not at all... I havent criticized his performances of last season so i dont know where you get the "quite criticizing him" part from... i actually give him credit pretty much everytime i mention his name for his contributions of last season.. all im saying is that if we're looking to change things up a little to look better against smaller sides that park the bus then maybe a more suited player to a right wing role could go some way in addressing that...

You give him credit when its due right but you criticize him even when doing so , see when you mentioned his style of play doesn't suit us when playing smaller teams . He got 15 goals last season , can any other right midfielder get that? He was also only second to gerrard in assists. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Spowellybaby » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:53 pm

this threads gone a bit off topic, gon to kuyt agen
Spowellybaby

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion