Yossi benayoun to liverpool - Israeli press says - deal done

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tommycockles » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:35 pm

bavlondon wrote:
tommycockles wrote:as much as i'd like us to sign Queresmo (sp?) i watched quite a bit of the U21s championships and although I had no knowledge of our interest in Babel i actually thought he was very good. I remember him playing well against England and we had a lot of Premierhsip players in our squad.

It's a shame we're not going for our first choice (i assume) but i don't think he's a bad second choice and is still very young. You never know Rafa may still have something extra up his sleeve (or in his wallet). If we end up with another winger then he's another good striker option.

A bit off topic and I dont even know why im typing this but I just had a de ja vu of reading this post and typing this..  :D

Errr?!!

:D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby mgabby » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:58 pm

Benayoun will wear number 11 (used to be Gonzales). Benayoun was 15 at WHU.

As I have been saying all the time, transfer fee is 5 Million (and not 4 as most of you said).
Benayoun said to Israeli press that "playing for Liverpool was his childhood dream".
Liverpool is one of the most popular teams in Israel of course. Benayoun is the third Israeli player to play for LFC (Avi Cohen 1980-1983 and Rocket Ronny Rosenthal 1990-1994? )
mgabby

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 pm

mgabby wrote:Benayoun will wear number 11 (used to be Gonzales). Benayoun was 15 at WHU.

As I have been saying all the time, transfer fee is 5 Million (and not 4 as most of you said).
Benayoun said to Israeli press that "playing for Liverpool was his childhood dream".
Liverpool is one of the most popular teams in Israel of course. Benayoun is the third Israeli player to play for LFC (Avi Cohen 1980-1983 and Rocket Ronny Rosenthal 1990-1994? )

I wonder if he'll have a cult following like Ronny did, remember when he turned up and everyone was like "who the fu.ck is this guy coming on?"  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:12 pm

stmichael wrote:Can I also point out thought that I think it's an indicator of just how far we've come under Rafa when a player like Benayoun is talked about as a squad player. Towards the later stages of Houllier's reign, we'd have viewed him as a first team regular.

I think he's going be more than a squad player. The squad looks very good now , i reckon rafa will be signing a defender next , vincent kompany perhaps.
Elchris

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion