Xabi needs to step it up a gear: rafa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:39 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
laza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
laza wrote:Agreed
There I was naively believing that having class competition for positions was a good thing.
Again I say it wasnt too long ago that people were whinging we didnt have enough depth to be able to compete.  Though in this day and age with Rafa about to be blamed for everything  including global warming perhaps its just best if Alonso packs his bags now

So are you actually having a dig ar Rafa for saying this  ???

Not at all, my god Bam your not actually going to defend Rafa are you  :D

Hey fella I've critised him as you obviously seem to no, but there are times when I feel the players have let him down also.

I see no problem with what he said either.

I try to be objective and realistic.  :D

Fair enough , my point was any other time this is player coming back from injury who been given a bit of gee up and wouldnt even be a blip on radar under normal conditions .

Sadly these arent normal times
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:46 pm

laza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
laza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
laza wrote:Agreed
There I was naively believing that having class competition for positions was a good thing.
Again I say it wasnt too long ago that people were whinging we didnt have enough depth to be able to compete.  Though in this day and age with Rafa about to be blamed for everything  including global warming perhaps its just best if Alonso packs his bags now

So are you actually having a dig ar Rafa for saying this  ???

Not at all, my god Bam your not actually going to defend Rafa are you  :D

Hey fella I've critised him as you obviously seem to no, but there are times when I feel the players have let him down also.

I see no problem with what he said either.

I try to be objective and realistic.  :D

Fair enough , my point was any other time this is player coming back from injury who been given a bit of gee up and wouldnt even be a blip on radar under normal conditions .

Sadly these arent normal times

Fair point Laza, and your right people are usually excited when a player is coming back from injury. At times its almost like another signing.
But Alonos form has been very poor IMO, he looks slow and unfit to me.

With Mascha playing the way he is, its not like we're crying out for an urgent return to form and fitness for Alonso. Thats just my opinion mate.
66-1112520797

Postby lakes10 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:55 pm

Rafa needs to step his own game....for one he can start by keeping his gob shut.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Captain Marvell isnt going to be dropped neither is our best player this season Mascherano so wheres Alonso going to fit in?
You seen on saturday square pegs in round holes Lucas outwide we where lobsided and it didnt work.

Only solution is to give Gerrard a free roll or on the right and have Mascherano and Alonso in the centre.
Which will probably happen against Chelsea, Inter, Man United and Arsenal.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:08 pm

Nothing wrong with the statement, IMO.  Not least because it's true.  I don't think it's anything more than Rafa telling one of his more reliable players not to rest on his laurels and to get back to somewhere near his best.  To be fair, he could make the same statement about a fair few of his players at the moment.  For the record, he could also stand to play his players in their best positions and stick with in form players but that's a topic covered in 1 or 2 other threads... :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Ciggy wrote:Captain Marvell isnt going to be dropped neither is our best player this season Mascherano so wheres Alonso going to fit in?
You seen on saturday square pegs in round holes Lucas outwide we where lobsided and it didnt work.

Only solution is to give Gerrard a free roll or on the right and have Mascherano and Alonso in the centre.
Which will probably happen against Chelsea, Inter, Man United and Arsenal.

Sadly it looks like Gerrard will refuse that so we might end up with pennant and kewell on the wings again. And Gerrard is bigger than Liverpool so he cant be dropped or otherwise forced to play anywhere except where Gerrard wants.

I'm guessing Gerrard will leave this summer, but if not i can see alonso leaving.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:24 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Nothing wrong with the statement, IMO.  Not least because it's true.  I don't think it's anything more than Rafa telling one of his more reliable players not to rest on his laurels and to get back to somewhere near his best.  To be fair, he could make the same statement about a fair few of his players at the moment.  For the record, he could also stand to play his players in their best positions and stick with in form players but that's a topic covered in 1 or 2 other threads... :D

no need to do it in the public is there, pull the player to one side and tell him, and if you do that you should not go and then tell the press about it. bad people management by Rafa.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:25 pm

mart wrote:Sadly it looks like Gerrard will refuse that so we might end up with pennant and kewell on the wings again. And Gerrard is bigger than Liverpool so he cant be dropped or otherwise forced to play anywhere except where Gerrard wants.

Gerrard should do as his boss tells him he is getting paid enough 120 grand a week, if Rafa wants him on the right/left/middle then he has no choice and Gerrard is NOT bigger than Liverpool what ever gave you that idea?

Or are you Steven Gerrard? :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:27 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Nothing wrong with the statement, IMO.  Not least because it's true.  I don't think it's anything more than Rafa telling one of his more reliable players not to rest on his laurels and to get back to somewhere near his best.  To be fair, he could make the same statement about a fair few of his players at the moment.  For the record, he could also stand to play his players in their best positions and stick with in form players but that's a topic covered in 1 or 2 other threads... :D

no need to do it in the public is there, pull the player to one side and tell him, and if you do that you should not go and then tell the press about it. bad people management by Rafa.

Well if he was asked the question about Alonso in an interview and he gave an honest answer, what's the problem?  Too many times people criticize Rafa for not being honest about our play and our players to the press.  Yet, when he does say something most people are thinking, he gets criticized for it.  Go figure.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Ciggy wrote:
RedBlood wrote:rafa should know better?

ur actin like he came out & said alonsos been :censored: if he doesnt start producin ill get rid of him

:blues:

hes merely statin the obviuos alonso does need 2 step up becoz the other midfielders r so much fitter & mentally sharper then him but hes not sayin alonso betta step up if he knows whats good 4 him

hostia puta!

:blues:

This post poor grammar and no punctuation whatsoever.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Well if he was asked the question about Alonso in an interview and he gave an honest answer, what's the problem?  Too many times people criticize Rafa for not being honest about our play and our players to the press.  Yet, when he does say something most people are thinking, he gets criticized for it.  Go figure.

But why tell the truth about Alonso and then spoil it by lying about Kuyt?  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Too many times people criticize Rafa for not being honest about our play and our players to the press.  Yet, when he does say something most people are thinking, he gets criticized for it.  Go figure.

But this is the problem he is being critised for singling Alonso out, the lads missed most of the season due to two injuries.

The others that havent been injured have been woeful. Mind due he cant start critising the strikers as we dont have an abundance of them like we do midfielders.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:31 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

You've got me there, mate.  Perhaps Alonso can take it and Kuyt can't? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

You've got me there, mate.  Perhaps Alonso can take it and Kuyt can't? :D

I think Ciggy just gave the answer Bob
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:34 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion