Xabi Alonso; the pass master - Sorely Missed ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mish-g » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:59 pm

Alonso just been on sky sports

his girlfriend is pregnant,

NICE ONE XABI   :eyebrow
mish-g

Postby mish-g » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:01 pm

congrats! xabi, well done. when will we hear the wedding bell......  :eyebrow
mish-g

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:18 pm

So months ago when the people was watching in his body language "he wants to go to Barcelona", they really should have read "did she take the pill?" :D

Seriously, I'm not a dad yet, but I've seen my sister being happy with her daughter (I'm teaching her the basics with a ball already) so happy days for him, and congratulations Xabi.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:40 pm

We are truly blessed with the midfield we have got we have 4 very special players that all offer something different.

Alonso the man who invented passing, Gerrard well he is just Gerrard, Sissoko midfield destroyer and Mascherano fabulous at tackling.

All 4 are wonderful talents and we are lucky to have them in our team.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:08 pm

crazyhorse wrote:I really do not see the point in constantly debating and comparing our players. We are very lucky, and have a diverse and world class squad of players; capable of beating any team and winning any competition.

I see the squad in simple terms as a tool box. For each job you need to use different tools, meaning that tactically for one game we may need a player like Mascherano or Sissoko and on another a more subtle such as Xabi.

All the tools are as valuable as each other, but you cant use the same ones day in day out as they wear out before you have got the best of them. In some jobs you use the same tools all of the time, the spine which at the moment I would suggest is Reina, Carra, Stevie and Torres.

To say one is better than the other is plain daft, as is this over simplified analogy!

Top post mate, a little bit of sense is required here ,on both sides of the debate, resorting to personal insults is both silly and not very productive and ever so slightly gay. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:45 pm

I'm pretty sure Mascherano would have done a better job.... twins at least :D

Congratulations to Xabi and his missus
account deleted by request

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:24 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:I really do not see the point in constantly debating and comparing our players. We are very lucky, and have a diverse and world class squad of players; capable of beating any team and winning any competition.

I see the squad in simple terms as a tool box. For each job you need to use different tools, meaning that tactically for one game we may need a player like Mascherano or Sissoko and on another a more subtle such as Xabi.

All the tools are as valuable as each other, but you cant use the same ones day in day out as they wear out before you have got the best of them. In some jobs you use the same tools all of the time, the spine which at the moment I would suggest is Reina, Carra, Stevie and Torres.

To say one is better than the other is plain daft, as is this over simplified analogy!

Top post mate, a little bit of sense is required here ,on both sides of the debate, resorting to personal insults is both silly and not very productive and ever so slightly gay. :D

Cheers dude!

:)
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:40 pm

Alonso is sorely missed. Mascherano has been a disappointment in these last couple of games, when it comes to distribution of the ball.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:50 am

And by-the-by, I thought it was I who "resorted to the insults"?

Nah, you're not the only one graced with that.

The debates gone round in circles, worse than rotation, you entitled to your opinion, even though I think your OTT and wrong when it comes to certain things, get back to pulling your plonker over Alonso, but do it quietly and please refrain from letting your emotions for him run riot over the keyboard again. :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:46 pm

No, Lando, do not change. We all know it's easier to dish a card to you than to other posters, because you get them as a man, and you don't moan and cry and put the boards upside down when you're dished a card.

I'm missing lots of good posters like Andy G as of late, hope we don't lose another one like Lando.

Class poster!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:23 pm

Here goes......

I was wrong about Alonso.....

I thought Gerrard and Mascherano midfield combo will be the best in the world....But boy was i wide of the mark....

Alonso is the most complete central midfielder we have.... and it is evident that we are missing him. No one is taking control of our midfield at the moment..... Teams like birmingham, portsmouth & Wigan were winning the midfield battle against us...

Can't wait for Alonso to come back.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mysterio86 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:32 pm

s@int wrote:I'm pretty sure Mascherano would have done a better job.... twins at least :D

Congratulations to Xabi and his missus

:p  :p what say abt Sissoko, may be a full team, I guess !!
mysterio86

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:41 pm

Without alonso we dont even boss overall possession (which is worrying) wigan had more possession than us yesterday.

i would like to see this when everyones fit...........

.................................Big pep...................................

Finnan...........Agger.......................Carra.............Arbeloa

...............................mascherano..............................

benayoun.............Alonso................Gerrard.......kewell

..................................Torres.................................

ball retention is the name of the game, its what makes arsenal soo good at the moment, ok realistically kewelll will never be fit so we still have problems, pennant for me doesnt retain the ball enough
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:21 pm

The_Rock wrote:Here goes......

I was wrong about Alonso.....

I thought Gerrard and Mascherano midfield combo will be the best in the world....But boy was i wide of the mark....

Alonso is the most complete central midfielder we have.... and it is evident that we are missing him. No one is taking control of our midfield at the moment..... Teams like birmingham, portsmouth & Wigan were winning the midfield battle against us...

Can't wait for Alonso to come back.

I think that the game against Chelsea last year, where we played Mascherano and Gerrard in the center, gave people the idea that in the long run it would be a great partnership.

It's not working at the moment, and imo perhaps Benitez should give Sissoko a run alongside Gerrard. Mascherano is not using the ball properly, he's getting caught in possession. His tackling is great but he's really playing poorly at the moment.

Gerrard seems lost and back to where he was last season.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:32 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:I think that the game against Chelsea last year, where we played Mascherano and Gerrard in the center, gave people the idea that in the long run it would be a great partnership.

It's not working at the moment, and imo perhaps Benitez should give Sissoko a run alongside Gerrard. Mascherano is not using the ball properly, he's getting caught in possession. His tackling is great but he's really playing poorly at the moment.

Gerrard seems lost and back to where he was last season.

Sissoko and Gerrard midfield combo will be nothing short of a disaster with the way gerrard is playing at the moment.

Both of them have no positional sense.....and the opposition team will control the midfield.

Think at this moment....its better to play sissoko and mash (mash does provide the defence a lot of cover) and hope gerrard gets fit ASAP.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion