Xabi Alonso; the pass master - Sorely Missed ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:47 pm

stmichael wrote:class player but has been sopmewhere below his best for 18 months now.

he seems to play better when gerrard isn't in the side because it means he has to take more responsibility.

Yep totally agree, i think Alonso takes a lot more control of games when Gerrard doesnt play, when gerrard plays he is quite happy to take the back seat and just tidy up.

Mash has probally been our best player the past few games so i would stick with him personaly.
roberto green

Postby AB's Red Army » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:49 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Adam has it spot on. Simple as that.

The fact is, we'd be at our strongest with Alonso AND Mascher in midfield, with Gerrard in the roaming role.

"Oh, but then you take away Gerrard's main strengths, blah, blah, blah!"

No you f*cking don't.

Stevie has had his favoured role for the past season and a bit, and, not to put too fine a point on it, he's beeen utter W*nk by his own standards. What was it last season - 4 goals?

How about the season before, when he played the free role and the right wing - 23 was it? And which season did we get our highest ever points total in the Premiership? That same season, was it?

How's he playing this year, alongside the supposedly superior Mascher? Good is it? Is he the World beater we saw in 2005-06? Or is he looking disinterested, overrun and basically out of the game entirely?

That's what I thought...

Listen up - cos I'm sick and tired of telling you this:

The "Alonso can't play with Gerrard" sh*te is clearly a myth propagated by a bunch of twonks who didn't like the fact Stevie was playing anywhere but central midfield to "accomodate the nasty Spanish man". (This is despite the fact that we got better results, and Gerrard won player of the year playing rw and am).

You know? A lot of folks on here bang on about not ignoring the facts, and this, that and the other.

Well THEM'S the facts, people. The fact that without Xabi, we're a shadow of the side we can be. I'm not saying it's soley due to his absence, but let's be honest - if "We would have won if Torres had started", then surely this is also a valid statement?

Every time Xabi has been out of the side for any length of time we've struggled. We've missed him more than any other player in our side, including our Captain Fantastic.

You wanted the facts, Newkit - you got them.

Read 'em and weep.

Preach my brotha, preach.

:pirate
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:58 pm

To be fair to Gerrard he played great the first couple of games this season, broke his toe (why's his injury not called a metatarsil ) and has been poor since, but that could be down to his injury. As to Alonso and Mascherano, I think the problem is higher up the field than them.
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:53 pm

s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:A game like today, with the opposition sitting ten behind the ball is made for Xabi.

We will miss him, especially in these kind of games.

You mean like Portsmouth did for most of the game?

I would ask you to watch the video or highlights of the game again mate.

Pompey came at us as much if not more then we attacked them.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:58 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:A game like today, with the opposition sitting ten behind the ball is made for Xabi.

Last twenty minutes I would agree, before that they just sat back and tried to hit us on the break as usual, in my opinion.

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:29 pm

s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Last twenty minutes I would agree, before that they just sat back and tried to hit us on the break as usual, in my opinion.

Yeah they did Saint your quite right mate.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:32 pm

The fact is, we'd be at our strongest with Alonso AND Mascher in midfield, with Gerrard in the roaming role.

No you f*cking don't.

Stevie has had his favoured role for the past season and a bit, and, not to put too fine a point on it, he's beeen utter W*nk by his own standards. What was it last season - 4 goals?

How about the season before, when he played the free role and the right wing - 23 was it? And which season did we get our highest ever points total in the Premiership? That same season, was it?

How's he playing this year, alongside the supposedly superior Mascher? Good is it? Is he the World beater we saw in 2005-06? Or is he looking disinterested, overrun and basically out of the game entirely?

That's what I thought...

The "Alonso can't play with Gerrard" sh*te is clearly a myth propagated by a bunch of twonks who didn't like the fact Stevie was playing anywhere but central midfield to "accomodate the nasty Spanish man". (This is despite the fact that we got better results, and Gerrard won player of the year playing rw and am).

You know? A lot of folks on here bang on about not ignoring the facts, and this, that and the other.

Well THEM'S the facts, people. The fact that without Xabi, we're a shadow of the side we can be. I'm not saying it's soley due to his absence, but let's be honest - if "We would have won if Torres had started", then surely this is also a valid statement?

Every time Xabi has been out of the side for any length of time we've struggled. We've missed him more than any other player in our side, including our Captain Fantastic.

Read 'em and weep.

Tripe.
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:08 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

No you f*cking don't.

That's what I thought...

Read 'em and weep.

Tripe.

So what do you think, then?

Bearing in mind that most of your posts are "Gerrard is a God and I want him to bum me"-esk...

Come on, ye olde Master of the Football - tell us what YOUR beliefs are.

Because only a complete prat would fail to see Alonso's importance.

A COMPLETE PRAT.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:18 pm

Come on lads, no need for all that.
AB's Red Army

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:40 pm

Bearing in mind that most of your posts are "Gerrard is a God and I want him to bum me"-esk...

Also bearing in mind you have your daily orgasm over Alonso, and explode over the monitor screen, blind faith hey ?
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:50 pm

Personally I would love to see Gerrard AND Alonso pull their socks up and play better, instead of leaving everything up to our best midfielder Mascherano!!!!! :p

:D

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:51 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

Also bearing in mind you have your daily orgasm over Alonso, and explode over the monitor screen, blind faith hey ?

Counter my argument then, if you're so sure of your expert opinions.

Just remember to use facts, rather than your imagination.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:54 pm

You tarts, all this after I congratulate people for not getting into slanging matches.

Tumbleweeds, the lot of ya.  :D
AB's Red Army

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:50 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:Come on lads, no need for all that.

You've just pinched Red37's thread now you want his job as well  :D

Maybe we should play Gerrard back on the right with Mascherano and Alonso in the centre and Kewell/Pennent/Babel on the left.

New creative second striker (when we buy him)and Torres up front.

With the defence we have that team looks unbeatable, bring on the Mancs!

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:51 pm

I'm waiting...
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion