Xabi Alonso - Out for the season?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jymbojetset » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:15 am

It just gets f***ing worse!

Can't we sue Chelsea for loss of revenue?

From LFC Tv.

ALONSO SET TO BE OUT FOR SEASON
Paul Eaton 25 January 2005 
  Rafael Benitez has confirmed Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso is likely to miss the rest of the season. 
Alonso broke his ankle in a tackle with Frank Lampard during the Reds' clash with Chelsea on New Year's Day and was originally expected to be sidelined for just three months.

But Benitez is now resigned to being without his £10 million midfield star until the beginning of next season.

He said: "In my mind now I think that Xabi will not play again this season.

"After three months, you don't know, some players can come straight back but some players take a lot of time. If Xabi comes back it will be a bonus."
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:33 am

That is disastrous. I just can't believe how we've been decimated by injuries this season, usually to our most important players
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:37 am

We are in this current predicament because of the failure of the Liverpool board to secure investment in the club - for investment in quality players and maybe even a quality manager.
Red_Si

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:38 am

Red_Si wrote:We are in this current predicament because of the failure of the Liverpool board to secure investment in the club - for investment in quality players and maybe even a quality manager.

Yes we could do with more investment but you can invest all the money in the world and it ain't gonna stop accidental broken legs and wild Frank Lampard challenges

As for "quality manager" behave yourself lad, we've got one of the best in the world and if you can't see that then perhaps you should take a hike down specsavers
Last edited by Woollyback on Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:36 pm

Red_Si wrote:We are in this current predicament because of the failure of the Liverpool board to secure investment in the club - for investment in quality players and maybe even a quality manager.

Thats just ignorant. Not even chelsea could have withstood injuries like ours.  Also everyone needs to lay off the coach.  Until a week ago everyone was sayin how he was the man who was going to turn us around.  Get your heads on straight
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:13 pm

Your constant pessemistic hating of all things LFC makes me wonder who you really support.

Get some Kalms lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:14 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

Your constant pessemistic hating of all things LFC makes me wonder who you really support.

Get some Kalms lad.

Agreed there Leon :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:31 pm

We'll be fine without the X-factor, keep the faith.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:39 pm

its like this, if chelsea lost duff and lampard and robben to injury tomorrow do u think they'd still be ok? i dont think so
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:42 pm

We still have Didi Hamman and Gerrard - we'll be fine!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:44 pm

We'll be ****** fine. Enough pessamism ffs.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:49 pm

Like his telling us somethink we never knew ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:55 pm

we wont be fine. alonsos injury is the worst thing that could of happened to us. we lack creativity without him. we'll struggle to get 4th without him now. lets hope the spirit and work rate of the team improves following the 'crisis talks'
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:58 pm

stapo1000 wrote:we wont be fine. alonsos injury is the worst thing that could of happened to us. we lack creativity without him. we'll struggle to get 4th without him now. lets hope the spirit and work rate of the team improves following the 'crisis talks'

Didn't we have crisis talks before the vist to old tradfford last season ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:59 pm

It will cost us big losing Alonso, forget progressing in the CL, and its time Igor, Didi and Steven pulled there finger out and start performing well, thats what there getting payed for.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion