Wud we sell sissoko.....hell no!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu May 17, 2007 12:14 pm

Those who want to sell the guy have short memories, that's all I'll say. He's just another one of the scapegoats we've had this season along with Pennant, Zenden, Gonzalez etc.

It hasn't helped Momo that he was overhyped from last season. He played well, very well sometimes but nowhere near as well as some were making out.

He still has lots of potential and his technique isn't that bad, he needs to get some compusure and try and be a bit more relaxed, he is outstanding when the other team has the ball (no co-incidence that his best game was Barca away, if we played Barca away every week he would be MOM everytime). The criticisms I had of him last season are the same ones I have this season, he needs to improve but he has plenty of time to do so.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu May 17, 2007 2:13 pm

laurence_2k2 wrote:sorry had to start another topic on this it just annoyed me that this was even mentioned!Momo was the best thing since sliced bread until he got his injury during last season..i rem ppl sayin hes the new 'Vieira' etc....just cause the boy didnt have a great finish to last season ppl talk about selling up?Nonsense to me..he was our best young prospect few months back,we had the cover in midfield(mascherano) when momo's game dropped so i think when he gets his chance next season he will be back hungrier than ever!!!Were not a selling club!

He has one plus and many minuses but for those among you who think we're going to win the league with him in the middle then I'm going to want to know why psychiatric wards are letting people on the internet. Our problem is SCORING GOALS not conceding them, we coped very well without him in conceding only 27 goals all season in the Premiership, and his one dimensional gameplay is not worth it. I'd sell him before people see how limited he is.

If given the choice of keeping three from Sissoko, Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard then only a madman would keep Sissoko.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redstavro » Thu May 17, 2007 4:06 pm

when we wet down to 10 men against everton he was the main reason we managed to win non stop running and tackling.
also we dont need to sell him. we dont need the money now
Last edited by Redstavro on Thu May 17, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redstavro

Postby egyptian liverpoolian » Thu May 17, 2007 5:31 pm

i was to sorroy couse of most of england say the name of sissko wrong
his name is mohamed not momo or mamado i am moslem as like him

but i don't care about name ,he can conrol of the best players in the world as like kaka he can make our midfield more tough and "if you want to defence you have to deal with a player as like sissko " wise man said :D
Last edited by egyptian liverpoolian on Thu May 17, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my real name is mostafa
i am muslim, arab , egyptian
and i adore liverpool
egyptian liverpoolian

Postby kobashi » Thu May 17, 2007 6:27 pm

Juve do want him but I not sure if they will pay £15m for Mohammed.  Not sure how much Didier Deschamps is gonna get too spend in the summer.
kobashi

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 17, 2007 6:34 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
neil wrote:let him go, he isnt good enough or us. He would be excellent at Man city or alongside Boetang(the tailor, Oswald) bringing in Mascherano during his slump was the end anyway.

How was it 'the end'. That's nonsense, Mascherano isn't even a permanent signing yet.

You reckon? I think you need to check your facts mate.

http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd?teamid=1563

Not PERMANENT, check your facts you twonk. He's on an 18 month LOAN deal.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 17, 2007 6:38 pm

bigmick wrote:I wish people would give up with the "fickle" angle. You either rate him or you don't. I do as it happens, but those who don't aren't "fickle", they just have a different opinion. Wrong I'll grant you, but not fickle :D

Mick, it is the case that people are fickle in football. I am not being particular about anyone on this forum, but people are too quick to judge on some occasions. Some people rate players on this forum, and they're happy to praise Sissoko last season when he was largely outsanding, but now Mascherano has arrived it is 'the end' of Sissoko.

If that's not fickle what is?!
LFC2007

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 17, 2007 6:39 pm

bigmick wrote:Keep him. He is the most destructive ball-winning midfield player in Europe.

I agree with these sentiments entirely mate.

Imagine the prospect of facing a player like Momo? Imagine him in the Arsenal or Chelsea or United team week in, week out?

He's a player we cannot afford to lose.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redstavro » Sun May 20, 2007 2:43 am

we dont need to sell sissoko hes magic youll never get past sissoko.:D
Redstavro

Postby Penguins » Sun May 20, 2007 3:12 am

Well, I still think he is overrated. Lucas is not even close in comparing with Zenden and Gonzales!
They were on a free and for 2.5 million which means=back up players

When you buy the U20 Brazilian captain, caped at 20 for the national team, voted player of the year in the brazilian league you don't come to sit on the bench!!
And he cost quite a sum too.

After next season(if Momo is still here and Masch is still here) there is a big chance he'll be 5th choice. And momo will not be satisfied with that.
A team desperate for offense 90% of our games does not need players who can't make 3 yard passes...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby mungi » Sun May 20, 2007 4:09 am

egyptian liverpoolian wrote:i was to sorroy couse of most of england say the name of sissko wrong
his name is mohamed not momo or mamado i am moslem as like him

but i don't care about name ,he can conrol of the best players in the world as like kaka he can make our midfield more tough and "if you want to defence you have to deal with a player as like sissko " wise man said :D

momo is a shorten version of his name. its like saying stevie g and harry kewell (real name harold)
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:29 am

I wouldnt sell him, he does have his faults. Most notably his passing, but he is a useful player to have never the less.
66-1112520797

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:21 pm

Owzat wrote:
laurence_2k2 wrote:sorry had to start another topic on this it just annoyed me that this was even mentioned!Momo was the best thing since sliced bread until he got his injury during last season..i rem ppl sayin hes the new 'Vieira' etc....just cause the boy didnt have a great finish to last season ppl talk about selling up?Nonsense to me..he was our best young prospect few months back,we had the cover in midfield(mascherano) when momo's game dropped so i think when he gets his chance next season he will be back hungrier than ever!!!Were not a selling club!

He has one plus and many minuses but for those among you who think we're going to win the league with him in the middle then I'm going to want to know why psychiatric wards are letting people on the internet. Our problem is SCORING GOALS not conceding them, we coped very well without him in conceding only 27 goals all season in the Premiership, and his one dimensional gameplay is not worth it. I'd sell him before people see how limited he is.

If given the choice of keeping three from Sissoko, Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard then only a madman would keep Sissoko.

That's assuming we're playing the same opposition every week. Momo will play a part, e.g. were you complaining about him in the Barca match?

It is about having him as an option, an option we have nothing like.

You wouldn't keep three from those four anyway!

We need all of them, look how many midfielders Arsenal and Chelsea have!
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:23 pm

kobashi wrote:Juve do want him but I not sure if they will pay £15m for Mohammed.  Not sure how much Didier Deschamps is gonna get too spend in the summer.

Keep the paper talk to yourself, it's getting ridiculous how many people think they're players' agents on here! :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Penguins wrote:Well, I still think he is overrated. Lucas is not even close in comparing with Zenden and Gonzales!
They were on a free and for 2.5 million which means=back up players

When you buy the U20 Brazilian captain, caped at 20 for the national team, voted player of the year in the brazilian league you don't come to sit on the bench!!
And he cost quite a sum too.

After next season(if Momo is still here and Masch is still here) there is a big chance he'll be 5th choice. And momo will not be satisfied with that.
A team desperate for offense 90% of our games does not need players who can't make 3 yard passes...

1) The value of a player financially is not necessarily a mark of why they were brought in to play. Granted, the more expensive players are more LIKELY to be brought in to be first team regulars, but there are those who come in work hard and fit in the team e.g. Vieira to Arsenal, Carrick to Spurs, Finnan to us, Riise to us. I'm sure there have been plenty of free transfers who were not brought in solely as back up aswell.

2) No player comes here to sit on the bench they all have to adapt to England and then fight for their place, just like Momo will have to do.

3) Since we have not seen much of Lucas we don't know what to expect. We expected a lot from Paletta, but he's failed to deliver. I don't think Momo will slide to fifth choice, he is an option we don't have and he will play IMO. If anything it is more likely that Lucas will be the fifth choice midfielder given that he's only 20, is an unknown quantity and hasn't played for us yet. Momo is not an unknown quantity, Rafa will know when to use him and in which games he will be most useful.

4) No team needs 90% offense, that would be kamikaze tactics. You need a balance between defense and attack, Momo will play his part in this. Rafa doesn't rave about him for no reason, he does it because he values his abilities.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion