Wrong team selection? - Think so

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:23 pm

Ok so i will probablly get a drilling from you guys, but before the the line up didnt look the strongest.

And if Liverpool had of won i probably would of said it was a good decision to rest some players .

But we didnt and i cant understand why Benitez started with the team he did .To throw players like Welsh,Potter and maybe even Tallec into the mixer at this stage of the season was  a terrible decision.I know Potter didnt start and came on for Baros but what was wrong with Biscan.

I personaly think the team selection was a little naive and its happened before,you all Know teams like Palace etc will scrap and fight for everything and are desperate to pick up points.
I know he was resting players but still could have picked a better team to go and win away from home,where a record has been appaling.

Dont get me wrong Benetiz is a very good manager but on a couple of occasions i think his selection have been wrong and against Burnley i would give him the benefit of the doubt but today i think he has made a boo boo .

and that i think has cost us fourth place probably.

never mind though at least we have Chelsea to look forward to and although this is a negative post i do feel we can turn them over.
66-1112520797

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:25 pm

It doesnt matter now
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:29 pm

really did not know what was nunez and smicer ? It is not as if they are gonna start against chelsea or something....

I can understand the resting of Alonso & Garcia....but really, we should not even be resting players at all.

Look at chelsea. They bring our robben against fulham. Play with lampard , terry, drogba. And they are more than 10 points clear of arsenal.

Really bad decision....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:39 pm

its a obsolute awful team selection.i understand his needs to rest Garcia n Alonso ahead of Chelsea match but didn't he mentioned all along tat achieving the 4th place is much more important than the CL then,why is he making funny decisions to play Potter,Le Tallec,Welsh ?? Why oh why ??
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:40 pm

im so upset !!  :(  :(
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:46 pm

What did he say in his post match press conference?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:04 pm

Rafa post match conference after dissapointing defeat against Palaca;

"I am very disappointed with the result, but we tried to play and sometimes this isn't possible."

"We knew they would be very physical, but ask Milan Baros about how physical they were. He has problems all over his body. Watch the TV and you will see what I mean."

"I thought we controlled the first half", he said. "But conceding the goal when we did made the difference.

"Now we have three games left in the league and two in the Champions League and we must focus for these games. We will probably have to win our last three games though to have a chance of finishing 4th."

Do you guys agree wif wat he said ?
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:05 pm

el_stinger wrote:What did he say in his post match press conference?

He was using feeble excuses about Crystal Palace being too physical.

NEWS FLASH RAFA: The English Premier League is a physical league. You can't always play fancy fairy football, you can’t be afraid to mix it up with some physical contact. You can’t change the style of the league, so you have to accommodate it into your ideas.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:10 pm

He was using feeble excuses about Crystal Palace being too physical.

very un-rafa like comments.....a really fcuked up day.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:14 pm

yet again Rafa gets it wrong , he has done this a few times this year ....he better start to learn from his mistakes if he is going to stay.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:24 pm

i'm not saying anything now just because the game was already lost. But even b4 the kickoff, i thought it was a very bad selection. Finnan play right wing? too defensive, offers no attacking option :(
Rafa'd learnt another lesson...hopefully next season would be better...
Potter looked very promising though
whylongball?

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:28 pm

looks like we are going to be a bit short of money next season
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:44 pm

He defo got it wrong,we needed are best 11 today,rotation is fine provided the players coming in are as good as the ones left out or rested,we dont have that.
SALTROCK67

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:00 pm

Rafa fukked up big style to-day i cant believe he has not learned from the burnley game?.. he  badly underestimated palace, and just how much we the fans wanted 4th spot never mind resting players for the C.L. there was an important 3pts at stake to-day and Rafas tactical  changes cost us dearly, its no use him coming out with excuses he would be more of a man if he admitted his mistake...and for gods sake learn from it!!! although its to late now! :down:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:12 pm

lakes10 wrote:yet again Rafa gets it wrong , he has done this a few times this year ....he better start to learn from his mistakes if he is going to stay.

am I surprised to see you on this thread and posting the usual bs? nop!!!  :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion