Wouldnt it be great - We might get a new manager yet

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Puddy Heskey » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:24 pm

Mourinho admits interest

McCarthy tips Mourinho exit 
Porto coach Jose Mourinho says he has had two offers from Premiership clubs - but denied reports he met Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich this week.
Mourinho, who has been linked with the Stamford Bridge hot-seat, also insisted he is happy to remain with Porto.

He said: "It's not true I had a meeting with Abramovich, and neither is it true I missed a scheduled meeting with him.

"I have two offers from English clubs, but I have to underline that I am happy at Porto and have no reason to leave."

Media reports in Portugal claim Chelsea and Liverpool are the two clubs courting Mourinho.

He has emerged as one of Europe's most highly sought-after coaches after guiding Porto to Uefa Cup glory last season and the semi-finals of the Champions League this year.

Porto drew the first leg of their semi-final with Deportivo 0-0.

Mourinho also led Porto to a domestic league and cup double last term and they can clinch the 2004 Portuguese title with a home win over Alverca on Sunday.

"This is our match point," he added. "It will allow us to concentrate on the Champions League and the Portuguese Cup."

:D
Puddy Heskey

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:43 pm

So where does it quote him saying Liverpool were one of the clubs or that he was intrested in moving away from Porto?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:46 pm

The media is a bunch of lying scum

it says media reports claim...........

probably NOT TRUE

but it would be great :D
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion