Would we really miss alonso? - Xabi swap deal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:23 pm

its a theory, simple kindergarten engligh

anyway in answer to the thread heading, i think yes, what about you, oops sorry, i meant to say i think no, what about you?

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Thu May 31, 2007 2:25 pm

GRIMM599 wrote:Image

The Keyboard Warriors are going to war!

:D  :D  :D  :wwww

SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 31, 2007 2:45 pm

This topic is like Countdown and University Challenge and cause I am thick as two short planks I cant understand a friggen word of it  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:49 pm

Ciggy wrote:This topic is like Countdown and University Challenge and cause I am thick as two short planks I cant understand a friggen word of it  :D

:laugh:

Same
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Thu May 31, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 31, 2007 2:52 pm

Its more like mastermind Ciggy except we have a Spanish Basque teaching us rather than Magnus Magnusson

A real Basque!  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu May 31, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby RedBlood » Thu May 31, 2007 3:00 pm

i cant be bothered reading this thread ive just seen the title when i logged in

simple answer : ofcourse we would miss xabi hes world class and any1 that disagrees is a fkin idiot
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 31, 2007 3:01 pm

GunGod wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
GunGod wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
GunGod wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
A "Hypothesis" (Which is basically another term for a theory)...

AHHAHAH WAHAHAHA ROFL! ROFL!

THEY ARE NOT EVEN THE SAME IF NOT ENTIRELY DIFFERENT IN MEANING.

Have you even checked your dictionary? This sentence of yours absolutely contradicts the purpose of having the two separate terms 'hypothesis' and 'theory'.

I couldn't even believe you said that.

So much for being a 'highly qualified English teacher'!!!!

I rest my case with you.

----------------------------------------------------

P.S.

Lando: "THEN try and f*cking condescend to me, you arrogant tw*t.  ;):"

With that statement of yours I guess I can be condescending to you anytime, mate. You just keep exposing your flaws everytime you reply to me :D

Bow down to me, ignoramus:

Suck my balls, c*nt
Check out the little bit that says "Definition". :D

Oh - the joys of proving a mouthy little tw*t wrong.  :nod

Hhahahahahah!

Did I just see someone use a thesaurus for looking up on the meaning of words???

You are such an absolute joke mate. You just keep on and on and on making a fool of yourself each time you try to prove yourself.

Why don't you check out a proper online dictionaryinstead?

Check this out: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=82359&dict=CALD

It basically says a theory is a formal statement of rules which is used to explain an opinion.

Which basically means an opinion remains an opinion until it is proven and backed by concrete evidence. Then it can be said to be a theory --> law ---> fact.

And don't even try to worm your way out by saying 'theory' can be used in various ways, for what we are contesting ultimately, is the usage of the word 'fact' which you amusingly challenged others without even a good comprehension of what it means. If you want to talk about 'facts', talk about it in the scientific understanding. Don't bullsh!t that theory = hypothesis/opinion/guess.

In the academic world 'theory' is a serious word. But from your clueless usage of selected words I guess you are nothing but just a layman who makes educated guesses but ultimately doesn't know what he's talking about.

'Hypothesis' and 'theory', while not in absolute terms, share a relationship not unlike 'raw' and 'cooked'. While they might be the same piece of meat they are vastly different in composition.

Now Lando, let's just hear you say 'raw' and 'cooked' basically means the same thing.

WAHAHAHAH.

------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Given your crude nature in the forums it wouldn't be surprising you eat all your meat raw. That's why you can't differentiate well :wwww

AHHAHAA.

Shan't waste anymore time on you. Thks for all the laughter.

You really don't get it, do you?

Check out the past couple of pages - I posted the meanings up - one from a thesaurus, the other from a dictionary.

Since when did you say "Only in their scientific terms"? - You did not. Hence why I used my obviously superior knowledge of the English language to render your arguement void.

The comparison of "raw and cooked meat" is the joke, not me.

The opposite (which is what you are suggesting) would be "Thesis and Anti-thesis".

Now go and get a proper education, numbskull.

So I see absolutely no argument against my post except for you citing your previous post which is already invalid.

So by saying "using my obviously superior knowledge of the English language" is all you can pathetically offer to convince us?

You truly live in your own deluded world. Not only is it not superior, this statement is just an thorough example of your unlimitedly bloated ego.

And also, I mentioned "in scientific understanding" because you, of all people, demanded 'facts'. .Your post from a dictionary simply reinforced my point. That what you deem as facts (theory) is simply opinions, nothing more. For according to your chosen definition theories need not be proven, then how on earth could they ever become the "facts" that you have so demanded in this thread?  E.G. A certain individual's theory is that the Earth is flat. So according to you we should all just believe that its a fact then because he need not prove it?

Granted, while the word 'theory' might be used in various ways, but since you have demanded for 'facts', certainly a layman's understanding of a 'theory' (which is what your chosen definition implies) does not suit the context of your argument.

Mate, facts are not something you make up yourself. You have to prove them. Any sort of your supposed "theories" which are not proven, or which can be disputed validly, are relegated as "subjective opinions".

Take this case in point. You said

"Xabi is the only member of our squad able to regularly dictate the tempo of a game, and allow the team to play to it's strengths. FACT."

Now is this not disputable? Is it not only a subjective opinion? You said Alonso is the only one. Well others might feel that Gerrard is another who can regularly dictate the tempo of a game. See? Without any credible yardstick of judgement as to who performs on a more consistent basis what you said is hardly facts, it just what you think.

You said "Xabi is the brain on the pitch". Well, anyone could also say "No, I disagree" and mention that Carra is the brain because his cultured positioning and presence behind Alonso allowed him to spray his passes with confidence and jump into tackles with the knowledge that someone is behind him. There again, we see what you said is not a fact, but an opinion.

-------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand how someone could make statements that were obviously wrong in context yet unabashedly tries to put others down. We are not even seeking an apology from you, just a simple recognition that you are not right all the time.

It takes a man to do that, and I hope you do behave like one.

-------------------------------------------------------

And btw my young, young Lando. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Try to understand what it means by "hypothesis" before you even try to cite stuff like "thesis" and "anti-thesis".

For after this thread we already know of your distinct tendency to cite words which you do not fully comprehend.

So for now, just stick to your raw meat ya?  :D

Oh dear.

Maybe it's past your bed time, maybe you're just an imbecile - I can't decide.

Either way, if you were actually able to read a paragraph, rather than a sentence on it's own, you would not make such blatant errors.

Assuming you've read my post, I can only conclude that you are, infact, the latter.

Here it is in plain terms that even a chimp would grasp:

A statement can include subjective material as well as facts.

There. Better now, or do I need to begin with the REAL basics?

I think your best bet is to exit this thread before you damage your credibility even more. It is absolutely pointless my explaining things over and over, only for you to inaccurately dispute the laws of the English language.

Sleep tight.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:03 pm

I'm feeling the love in this thread  :hearts
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 31, 2007 3:08 pm

GunGod wrote:
Sabre wrote:
It basically says a theory is a formal statement of rules which is used to explain an opinion.

Which basically means an opinion remains an opinion until it is proven and backed by concrete evidence. Then it can be said to be a theory --> law ---> fact.

Yes, you are right. Basically. Very Basically if you ask me. It's true that it's an important academic concept, computer scientists, math gurus and other scientist use hypothesis all the time to prove something, or to prove it's false. Both by reaching an absurdity or by induction.

In that sense, a theory is indeed formal set of rules, and by formal it means not SERIOUS but formal in a math way.

So that definition of that dictionary is incomplete, because both the word ┵ (greek for theory that's where it comes from) and hypothesis, which comes from latin hypothĕsis and this from the greek. have other meanings, and if you pick a decent and true dictionary and not one aimed to secondary school students, you'll check that.

And if you check the etimology of the word and one serious dic one of the meanings of the word theory, is "one or more  hypothesis that is applied to a topic". The definition of theory in your dictionary is more mathematic, but it's really un-rigurous. Granted, I don't know if English language got the word from latin in ONE of it's meaning only, I'm talkin about Spanish etimology and meaning for "hypothesis" and "theory". Anyhow, I'd be surprised that "advanced learner dic" is the most serious one you can get.

So in this case I approach more Lando's position about how he uses theory and hypothesis, because we're not trying to prove anything mathematically but talking about football.

My 2 cents, anyway.

P.S. Sorry the forum doesn't accept greek characters and it messed up  :laugh:

I absolutely understand where you are coming from Sabre.

In a sense you also backed me up a bit there. For here's a question:

Since Lando's understanding of "theory" is hardly "mathematical/rigourous", do you not agree that he cannot declare the observations he had mentioned (e.g. "Xabi is the brain on the pitch) as a fact?

Once again - are you able to grasp the extraordinarily simple premise that a paragraph does not have to be total fact to have facts therein?

Such as:

"Red is a great colour. The bus that picks GunGod up for school is red, and so is his lunch box. Fact"

Not all the statements are facts, but facts are contained within the f*cking paragraph.

Get it now?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 31, 2007 3:08 pm

I'm feeling the love in this thread   

Dont say that while Lando's around or you will find yourself being taken forcefully from behind (in a strictly none gay way) :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu May 31, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 31, 2007 3:11 pm

Whats all this cr@p about Lando eating raw meat  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:
Does this fella think your The Family guy Lando :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:14 pm

s@int wrote:
I'm feeling the love in this thread   

Dont say that while Lando's around or you will find yourself being taken forcefully from behind (in a strictly none gay way) :D

I hope not   :laugh:

I think we should open up a "Lando vs. the world" thread, that way we can have peace in our footballing threads.

LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 31, 2007 3:22 pm

Lando's reputation is now in tatters.......

First we find out he's not fat, then he says he's not gay and now Ciggy says he doesn't eat raw meat!

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu May 31, 2007 3:24 pm

:wwww  :wwww  :wwww Ahhhhhh i'm gonna feck off for the summer , this is all getting to much.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu May 31, 2007 4:27 pm

Igor Zidane wrote: :wwww  :wwww  :wwww Ahhhhhh i'm gonna feck off for the summer , this is all getting to much.

Yer, I'm starting to think Red37 had the right idea, mate!  :suspect:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion