WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP 2005 - official topic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Raoul » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:15 pm

Raoul wrote:
Juninho wrote:
Raoul wrote:Watched the game, my mate and I danced round the room before we realised that Sinama's goal had been disallowed.

Damnit.

I haven't read all these posts, but I suspect there are a few complaints about three disallowed goals.  The first and last ones were rightly disallowed, even the last one.  In many games it would have counted, but the linesman did get it right.  They presumably got the second (Hyppia's from the corner) right too.

We played reasonably well, well enough to win, but then that is why we love this game - sometimes the plucky, hard working underdogs get up and win it. Not our best performance, and Rafa left the subs too long, though they were the ones I wanted, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Well done Sao Paolo, you did what you had to, and did it well.  Could have been much different though.

And to all you Sao Paolo fans who are saying on here that this competition is really important - well, I agree with you, but then I'm not European - I'm from a football backwater and I think it is great when the little guys get to play with the big boys.  But I'm afraid we can tell the Euros that it is a big deal all we like, however, in the end, we are wrong.  It takes two to tango, and until Europe and European football fans take this competition seriously, it is not important.  I think you should all be on here saying thank you to Liverpool for giving the competition as much as they have, rather than crowing about a lucky win.  Something about winning friends and influencing people...

You guy said almost everything, that's why I'm posting here.
First of all, I'm a São Paulo supporter and I would apologize for my bad English, but I appreciate if you try to read it  :cool:

Liverpool played better, definitely. But you can't say that it was refereer and linesman fault, because your three disallowed goals were really illegal. I saw the replay many times and 2 of them were visible offside. About the Hyppia's goal, one player of Liverpool obstructed the São Paulo goalkeeper, he made fault in him. It was visible, just see it. So let's not say it was robbed and you lost cos the linesman were a sh*t... the linesman made a great work, many of them would validate those illegal goals. Although, I would agree that Lugano could be sent off for that fault in Gerrard. The refereer was "cool" for giving him just a yellow card. But I don't think it was completely wrong, since Gerrard was not going directly to goal and Lugano was not the last man.

As the friend above said, I would like to thanks liverpool for giving to the tourney the importance it deserves. It would be horrible if Liverpool played this game like Man. Utd and Real Madrid played the one in 2000, really like a Mickey Mouse cup. Liverpool showed great profissionalism and we aprecciate that cos we know the Europeans, in general, don't give the same importance to it as us.

Now my commentaries about the gameplay. São Paulo started the first half very nervous, that's why Liverpool was dominating the first 15 min of game. Then, São Paulo started to play better and really deserved his goal at 26min, with Mineiro. After the goal, Liverpool got better again but, in general, the first half was very equilibrated. Good gameplay in first half. São Paulo had his moments and I thought it was gonna be a great second half.

And it was, but not at the way I thought. In second half, only Liverpool played. São Paulo could not touch the ball most part of the half, and defended itself pretty well. Liverpool was efficient in making long passes and creating changes of goal, but wasn't effective in finishing it. Rogério Ceni made great defenses and, together with Lugano and Mineiro, guaranteed the result for São Paulo. I think the ideia of Paulo Autuori was to make the team closed like it was and get counter-attacks, but even the counter-attacks the São Paulo wasn't able to make. So second half was totally for Liverpool. A bit of luck and a great job for the defenses were responsable for the victory of the team.

I can't agree with many commentaries that São Paulo is a bad team and it doesn't seems to be a brazilian team and bla bla... It was sure not a typical match for São Paulo. Maybe it was for Liverpool, which made a good match, but São Paulo had only one objective: win the match. So, when São Paulo got his goal, just closed itself and made a great defense job. If you were waiting for beautiful passes, dribbles and finalizations, sure you won't get them on this situation. It was like a "life and death" game for São Paulo, as you all said, we give great valour to this championship here. So, if you doubt our team can make great matches, so watch some games of Libertadores, like the final, or even the games of Campeonato Paulista. I can say for sure that São Paulo can play even better than Liverpool today, but in a different way, because Liverpool uses a lot of air game, and São Paulo doesn't.

So, I hope you could understand my message. I'm sorry for the brazilians who come here and just crown "we are the best and bla bla", but I wait for your respect too. Saying that our team is like a sh*t and that you lost for refereer's and linesman's fault isn't cool. You can see the replays later and you will see that the goals were really illegal.

Thanks for everything. I will see much more Liverpool matches after this tournament. It's really a good team, and my favourite in England.

By the way, S. Gerrard is really incredible  :buttrock

Cheers mate, we might turn this thread into a discussion about football yet!  :idea

Hmmm, looks like we failed! :laugh:
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RogerioCeni » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:20 pm

A.B. wrote:Brazilian team? I thought we were playing against Italians the way you defended. You're anything but a Brazilian team.

If this cup is the most important to you than you're club is in a sad state of affairs, a fecking joke.

If the first half perfomance was the best youve played than thats pathetic.

yea the good ones are the english teams that 50% of the team is from another country, maybe more?
and stiil lose to a pathethic brazilian team 99% ( not lugano) brazilian!!
keep your mouth shut plz..
RogerioCeni

Postby greenred » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:23 pm

RogerioCeni wrote:yea the good ones are the english teams that 50% of the team is from another country, maybe more?

"Pathetic Brazilian team" are the important words there.Your team is rubbish.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RogerioCeni » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:24 pm

Raoul wrote:
Raoul wrote:
Juninho wrote:
Raoul wrote:Watched the game, my mate and I danced round the room before we realised that Sinama's goal had been disallowed.

Damnit.

I haven't read all these posts, but I suspect there are a few complaints about three disallowed goals.  The first and last ones were rightly disallowed, even the last one.  In many games it would have counted, but the linesman did get it right.  They presumably got the second (Hyppia's from the corner) right too.

We played reasonably well, well enough to win, but then that is why we love this game - sometimes the plucky, hard working underdogs get up and win it. Not our best performance, and Rafa left the subs too long, though they were the ones I wanted, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Well done Sao Paolo, you did what you had to, and did it well.  Could have been much different though.

And to all you Sao Paolo fans who are saying on here that this competition is really important - well, I agree with you, but then I'm not European - I'm from a football backwater and I think it is great when the little guys get to play with the big boys.  But I'm afraid we can tell the Euros that it is a big deal all we like, however, in the end, we are wrong.  It takes two to tango, and until Europe and European football fans take this competition seriously, it is not important.  I think you should all be on here saying thank you to Liverpool for giving the competition as much as they have, rather than crowing about a lucky win.  Something about winning friends and influencing people...

You guy said almost everything, that's why I'm posting here.
First of all, I'm a São Paulo supporter and I would apologize for my bad English, but I appreciate if you try to read it  :cool:

Liverpool played better, definitely. But you can't say that it was refereer and linesman fault, because your three disallowed goals were really illegal. I saw the replay many times and 2 of them were visible offside. About the Hyppia's goal, one player of Liverpool obstructed the São Paulo goalkeeper, he made fault in him. It was visible, just see it. So let's not say it was robbed and you lost cos the linesman were a sh*t... the linesman made a great work, many of them would validate those illegal goals. Although, I would agree that Lugano could be sent off for that fault in Gerrard. The refereer was "cool" for giving him just a yellow card. But I don't think it was completely wrong, since Gerrard was not going directly to goal and Lugano was not the last man.

As the friend above said, I would like to thanks liverpool for giving to the tourney the importance it deserves. It would be horrible if Liverpool played this game like Man. Utd and Real Madrid played the one in 2000, really like a Mickey Mouse cup. Liverpool showed great profissionalism and we aprecciate that cos we know the Europeans, in general, don't give the same importance to it as us.

Now my commentaries about the gameplay. São Paulo started the first half very nervous, that's why Liverpool was dominating the first 15 min of game. Then, São Paulo started to play better and really deserved his goal at 26min, with Mineiro. After the goal, Liverpool got better again but, in general, the first half was very equilibrated. Good gameplay in first half. São Paulo had his moments and I thought it was gonna be a great second half.

And it was, but not at the way I thought. In second half, only Liverpool played. São Paulo could not touch the ball most part of the half, and defended itself pretty well. Liverpool was efficient in making long passes and creating changes of goal, but wasn't effective in finishing it. Rogério Ceni made great defenses and, together with Lugano and Mineiro, guaranteed the result for São Paulo. I think the ideia of Paulo Autuori was to make the team closed like it was and get counter-attacks, but even the counter-attacks the São Paulo wasn't able to make. So second half was totally for Liverpool. A bit of luck and a great job for the defenses were responsable for the victory of the team.

I can't agree with many commentaries that São Paulo is a bad team and it doesn't seems to be a brazilian team and bla bla... It was sure not a typical match for São Paulo. Maybe it was for Liverpool, which made a good match, but São Paulo had only one objective: win the match. So, when São Paulo got his goal, just closed itself and made a great defense job. If you were waiting for beautiful passes, dribbles and finalizations, sure you won't get them on this situation. It was like a "life and death" game for São Paulo, as you all said, we give great valour to this championship here. So, if you doubt our team can make great matches, so watch some games of Libertadores, like the final, or even the games of Campeonato Paulista. I can say for sure that São Paulo can play even better than Liverpool today, but in a different way, because Liverpool uses a lot of air game, and São Paulo doesn't.

So, I hope you could understand my message. I'm sorry for the brazilians who come here and just crown "we are the best and bla bla", but I wait for your respect too. Saying that our team is like a sh*t and that you lost for refereer's and linesman's fault isn't cool. You can see the replays later and you will see that the goals were really illegal.

Thanks for everything. I will see much more Liverpool matches after this tournament. It's really a good team, and my favourite in England.

By the way, S. Gerrard is really incredible  :buttrock

Cheers mate, we might turn this thread into a discussion about football yet!  :idea

Hmmm, looks like we failed! :laugh:

vc vem aqui pagando de bonitinho achando q os caras vao te respeitar?
eles se julgam superiores cara, fala q a gente vive na selva e o kct, eu chego aqui é pra falar besteira msm n adianta
RogerioCeni

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:29 pm

This must be Roger The Cabin Boy (ask your dad)
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RogerioCeni » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:30 pm

greenred wrote:
RogerioCeni wrote:yea the good ones are the english teams that 50% of the team is from another country, maybe more?

"Pathetic Brazilian team" are the important words there.Your team is rubbish.

whatever , u dont listen to what i say
keep saying liverpool its the best, and we are monkeys
dont matter if england create football brazil crreate the pasion... when england, or a english team beat brazil or sao paulo or the tops team in brazil i will say ur realy the best
sao paulo played half of what he played when he win LIBERTADORES
thats all im tired of this forum
RogerioCeni

Postby R9RonaldoTevez » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:31 pm

RogerioCeni wrote:vc vem aqui pagando de bonitinho achando q os caras vao te respeitar?
eles se julgam superiores cara, fala q a gente vive na selva e o kct, eu chego aqui é pra falar besteira msm n adianta

KLA A BOCA SAO PAULINO DE MERDA
ESSE TITULOZINHO Ñ VALE ND PERTO DO MUNDIAL DO CORINHIANS aheuahueha
sao paulo merda do karalho
Corinthians campeao brasileiro...isso q importa!!!
R9RonaldoTevez

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:33 pm

yea the good ones are the english teams that 50% of the team is from another country, maybe more?

The best team lost, end of. Keep your mouth in your ar$e.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Natalie » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:34 pm

Liverpool deserved to win. End of. I can't be arsed reading 61 pages of it!
Natalie

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:35 pm

61 pages of b#llocks, time for this thread to be closed. So much shit in one place might cause the forum to melt down :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby guidc » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:48 pm

Ok, so São Paulo played an awful and ugly game, nothing like the brazillian footbal you guys were hoping. Well, there was a time (about 1 year and half ago) that São Paulo had a magical team, full of wonderful tatics, beautiful attacks, great passes, dominating the game every single match, on that time we had players like Kaká (Milan), Luis Fabiano (Porto), Gustavo Nery, Ricardinho, and others that are still in the team like Rogerio Ceni (goalkepper) and Cicinho. Was a great team that played the beautiful brazilian footbal and used to loose most of the matches against other good brazilian teams, such as Santos and Conrinthians, every single game we used to dominate the match and take a goal or two on 45´ of the 2nd half. So a lot of things happened that changed the São Paulo team and now we play for the win, we hope we can have a beautiful match, but now we dont care that much for a nice dribble as we did before, and there is one more thing! São Paulo is not a team of millionaire stars, I mean our team has Amoroso, Junior, Cicinho and some other players that could be making a lot of money in Europe, but they play in São Paulo because they really want to, and they know how important it is for someone´s carrier to play here, São Paulo doesn´t pay much for it´s player, it´s part of the club policy, that way we manage to get great played with a true thrist of winning, something completely different from the Corinthains team, wich is like Chelsea there. How can you say that we are a minor team? It´s ridiculous, we manage to beat a lot of great teams to go to Japan and match you guys. We beat River Plate! We beat Atletico Paranaense, which beat Santos! This season has been one of the best of our history, we prove that footbal don´t depend much on money, depends much more on will. I really like your team, it´s a great team that plays very beautifully, but it´s not fair to say that São Paulo played an ugly game, we did our best. I think both teams had equal chances to win this game, really, São Paulo did what it had to do, but still we should have done like the second game against River Plate, maybe them you guys would stay quiet. But than you would blame on your team, right? Saying that it didn´t play well, that you didn´t care much about this summer championship*. São Paulo really did what it had to do, want to see magical football? Watch Ronaldinho Gaucho playing, but still Barcelona didn´t manage to get were our teams got, so what is more important? The game or the win?

*a summer championship is a mid season championship that nobody cares
guidc

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:52 pm

Fair post there but we had more chances to win the game than you did. 21 shots on goal compared to your 4-6, but it's our fault that we lost. We didn't put our chances away and we payed the price. This game is not as important as some comming up in our domestic league, but the way we lost today is a bid disapointing. We did dominate the match and we should had won, but we didn't. Now we have to move on and I suggest that you lot to go out and celebrate properly rather than comming on here bothering us.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:03 pm

ffs
If there was ever a time to gloat it's now.
Don't blame them and don't slag them off. We fcuked ourselves up, no one else
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:11 pm

:veryangry
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:45 pm

They won fair and square, we were unlucky and fully deserved to win but thems the breaks.

Well done Sau Paulo...
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion