Words from anfield - Momo and cisse

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:56 am

Eh? We're bringing in a quality left winger to sort out our right midfield problem? Are you sure? ???
ivor_the_injun

Postby anti-hero » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:44 am

Your source doesnt inspire much confidence in me... but what the hell?

Does your friend have any idea who are Rafa's potential summer targets? ???
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:37 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Update: (For those who know I aint lying)
          Served the fella this morning in work - it was :censored:, told me who was being rested( he was correct so its adds to his truth value).
          Gonzalez defo getting his wp to play here, and meant to be amazing(according to Spanish players), Rafa wants him for right side, Fowler is trying really hard and Rafa is defo gonna give him a contract. On the downside, Luis Garcia might Be sold in summer, not trying at all, and he is angry at recent omissions - not good news.

Luis garcia sold in the summer ? I won't be happy with that decision if its true.

Luis Garcia is a better striker than morientes, cisse & crouch combined.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:59 am

The_Rock wrote:
          Served the fella this morning in work - it was :censored:, told me who was being rested( he was correct so its adds to his truth value).
          Gonzalez defo getting his wp to play here, and meant to be amazing(according to Spanish players), Rafa wants him for right side, Fowler is trying really hard and Rafa is defo gonna give him a contract. On the downside, Luis Garcia might Be sold in summer, not trying at all, and he is angry at recent omissions - not good news.

Luis garcia sold in the summer ? I won't be happy with that decision if its true.

Luis Garcia is a better striker than morientes, cisse & crouch combined.....

I wouldnt entirely agree with that.

All of those you mentioned except Crouch have been incredibly frustrating though Luis Garcia doesnt get that much slack because he converts his chances most of the time (compared to the other two) and has chipped in with very very vital goals.

If you only take in account Garcia's performances for Liverpool against the performances of either Morientes or Cisse, you might have fair evidence to suggest so.

But a look at either Morientes' or Cisses' overall career totals up until now, suggests otherwise.

It just disappoints me so much that they havent reproduced that form for this club. We could be sitting top right now if they did.  :(

*I dont know when this stats were taken but maybe BBC updates them?

Cisse

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1....343.stm

Morientes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1....499.stm

Garcia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1....715.stm
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:32 am

ask the bloke who is going to be paco's replacement? i want sammy lee back. loves the club and respected by the players.

Not overly keen on the torres signing i know alot of people will be over the moon we are spending so much as they think it will buy goals but it does'nt imo defo,owen are better options because of the way our league is played, yesterday was a classic example , how would torres react to neill the horrible b@stard,
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:46 am

If that's true I'd be very disappointed in Garcia being sold.  It's been said on here that he's the best finisher at the club behind Fowler and I'd agree with that 100%.  We all know about the flaws in his game, but with his goal threat we'd be foolish to sell him.

One thing I will say though is that we look a more balanced team without Garcia starting, he gives no width when played wide and I just don't think he's got the pace or strength to play through the middle in the Premiership.  I think he's best used as a sub in tight games, but if he's not happy with that himself then Benitez might think it's best to let him go.  The 6 million spent on him would easily be recouped and he would have represented good value for money over the 2 seasons he's been here.  Ideally though I'd want to keep him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue May 30, 2006 11:12 pm

Seems the man was a bit right on Momo and right on Cisse after his Mirror "Benitez hates me" exclusive.  He told me they were looking at Dirk which is correct according to the player himself and the getafe striker might not be right. Torres no mention yet though  :(  .

As for Luis I cant see him leaving.

And Fowler he said would get a contract but every tom dick and jane knew that  :buttrock   :wwww
Last edited by Rafa D on Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed May 31, 2006 2:03 am

Is Bonera still coming?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed May 31, 2006 4:24 am

Is Bonera still coming?

I cant wait Liverpool sign him for next season .... and if he sign, Liverpool defends like the "Great Wall Of Anfield " .
LiverpoolMadman

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion