Words from anfield - Momo and cisse

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:43 pm

Hello everyone.

I oringinally posted this here last month, some believed me some didn't. Anyways got some more info from the guy who comes through my station.

Rafa is meant to be having a lot more money to spend in the summer than anyone is expecting. He said a LOT of money is being spent this summer, which sounds very promising.

We are currently looking at 7-8 strikers at the moment, including a getafe striker and Dirk Kuyt.

And now for the interesting part - everyone will call me a bull-sh*tter (but im not welsh wizzard -lol).
  Liverpool and Athletic Madrid have been in talks over F. Torres, moving to Anfield before the World Cup, he said the figure being quoted round melwood is 19m.

I know people will give me stick but he works for Liverpool and I believe him.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:09 pm

Very interesting and exciting Rafa-Dodd

About Torres, i don't know about it really, but do yourself believe that Rafa will pay 19m for a striker? although you said yourself he is getting a huge sum of transfer budget.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:05 pm

yes metal head i do, a few weeks ago, Rafa said ,

"if money was no object, the striker he would want is torres".

I read it somewhere will try to find a link. He spent 10.5m on Xabi and 19m for a 21 year old, would be good business, the guy was making out like we have loads to spend on summer, so it all looks rosy. To challenge with Chelski we need another world class player, Rafa knows this.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:08 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:yes metal head i do, a few weeks ago, Rafa said ,

"if money was no object, the striker he would want is torres".

I read it somewhere will try to find a link. He spent 10.5m on Xabi and 19m for a 21 year old, would be good business, the guy was making out like we have loads to spend on summer, so it all looks rosy. To challenge with Chelski we need another world class player, Rafa knows this.

hmm..you have a good point Rafa- Dodd! I like Torres but i felt he was always overrated, but he can score goals anyways.

we can get excited on this torrest rumor can we?  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:11 pm

Theres been a lot of torres rumours , most I thought were bulls*tt but I genuinely believe this guy, I know he works for Liverpool so why would he lie?

I am hoping in the summer torres signs for around 19m so I can say hey I was right lol.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:13 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Theres been a lot of torres rumours , most I thought were bulls*tt but I genuinely believe this guy, I know he works for Liverpool so why would he lie?

I am hoping in the summer torres signs for around 19m so I can say hey I was right lol.

lol! it could happen, keep on talking to him mate  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:43 pm

i didnt know cisse has made people in the club dislike him, what a sad thing to hear, in this case Rafa wouldnt be reluctant to sell him as it might actually please a lot of people
onizukaeikichi

Postby Paul C » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:49 pm

Haven't seen much of Torres but I keep tracks on his performances and I don't think he's a 20+ a season player and £19m+ would be expensive, Sabre thinks he's overrated and I trust his judgement tbo.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:52 pm

im not convinced torres would cut it in the premiership tho but at the moment he is looking like a fantastic player
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:15 pm

dawson99 wrote:im not convinced torres would cut it in the premiership tho but at the moment he is looking like a fantastic player

Agree.  He can look excellent on his day, but he's not even consistent in the Spanish league so I would have doubts that he'd be a star in the Premiership.

I certainly wouldn't pay over 10 million for him, let alone 19 million.

It's not Benitez's style to pay that much for a player either, I can't see it happening.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:20 pm

I'd be made up if Torres was coming in the summer, Imagine him linking up with Gerrard, Crouch, Garcia. He's looked very good anytime I've seen him, in an average team.
AlanHansen

Postby Paul C » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:34 pm

john craig wrote:
dawson99 wrote:im not convinced torres would cut it in the premiership tho but at the moment he is looking like a fantastic player

Agree.  He can look excellent on his day, but he's not even consistent in the Spanish league so I would have doubts that he'd be a star in the Premiership.

It's not Benitez's style to pay that much for a player either, I can't see it happening.

Agreed on both counts there lads, their better players for the money out there and like you said Rafa wouldn't pay money like that  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:04 pm

Update: (For those who know I aint lying)
          Served the fella this morning in work - it was :censored:, told me who was being rested( he was correct so its adds to his truth value).
          Gonzalez defo getting his wp to play here, and meant to be amazing(according to Spanish players), Rafa wants him for right side, Fowler is trying really hard and Rafa is defo gonna give him a contract. On the downside, Luis Garcia might Be sold in summer, not trying at all, and he is angry at recent omissions - not good news.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:56 pm

if thats to be believed, and from what you've said so far it cant be idoly dismissed then i would be
a.) made up that robbies getting a contract ,he deserves it
b.)really sad to see luis go, i know he can be very frustrating but he is good little player on his day and one of the best goal scorers currently at the club. Maybe rafa thinks that he just doesnt suit the prem what with his 'flamboyant' style. In spain it seems that players are allowed more freedom and therefore are allowed to lose possesion if it means more chnces will be created.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby whylongball? » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:55 am

john craig wrote:

agree!! Just want to add regarding Cisse... as many have said here, he has only pace. Against blackburn he wasted 3 chances despite being set clear...no technique of ball control, dribbling, and no composure. :no
whylongball?

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion