Wonder who it is? - Senior player already signed.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:42 pm

murphy0151 wrote:What I want to know is why the bloody hell dont they tell us who it is if its a donbe deal?

Dosnt make no sense to me keeping it from us.  Were the ones who pay loads of are hard earned cash watching the lads now where getting told weve got someone but where not telling you who it is.

Anyone got any ideas why?

probably still playing elsewhere, remember the stick ince got when he was announced at man u when he was still with west ham
112-1077774096

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:55 pm

murphy0151 wrote:What I want to know is why the bloody hell dont they tell us who it is if its a donbe deal?

Dosnt make no sense to me keeping it from us.  Were the ones who pay loads of are hard earned cash watching the lads now where getting told weve got someone but where not telling you who it is.

Anyone got any ideas why?

might upset the other players. If for example it's Berbatov, and Benitez comes out and admits it, Crouch knows he's gone in the summer, so he's not gonna bother playing well when he's picked again from not until the end of the season.

or it's out of respect for the other club. the other club (in this case spurs) won't want their fans knowing they've let Berbatov go.

So there's a few reason as to why we won't know who it is just yet.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:10 pm

peewee wrote:get hicks out, how dare he allow rafa to sign players for next season.

And here was me thinking he wanted to run the club into the ground so he loses all his money

What happened to you mate?
Really when i joined this site a few years back you was one of the best posters on here,always friendly,always a laugh allways talked good footballl!You never fought with anyone...ever!!!

Im beginning to think you are having a really severe mid life crisis.....Your ego is bigger than Hicks face!!
Prob gonna kill me know but hey,i can take it!! :rasp
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:18 pm

Number 9 wrote:
peewee wrote:get hicks out, how dare he allow rafa to sign players for next season.

And here was me thinking he wanted to run the club into the ground so he loses all his money

Really when i joined this site a few years back you was one of the best posters on here,always friendly,always a laugh allways talked good footballl!You never fought with anyone...ever!!!

Im beginning to think you are having a really severe mid life crisis.....Your ego is bigger than Hicks face!!

:D   no mate i am the same guy, sadly there are a few on here who seem to jump down my throat with every post i make because i have a different opinion, i cant post without the inevitable snide comments that follow so i respond in kind to show people how petty it is but they still haven't cottoned on to it and continue with their little gang warfare    :D

and having my support questioned by people who have never been a game and who admit their opinion is formed by reading this forum is laughable mate and i struggle to respect people like that, my view is my view mte, you should know what its like on here if you dont agree with the mob
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:32 pm

peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

:D   no mate i am the same guy, sadly there are a few on here who seem to jump down my throat with every post i make because i have a different opinion, i cant post without the inevitable snide comments that follow so i respond in kind to show people how petty it is but they still haven't cottoned on to it and continue with their little gang warfare    :D

and having my support questioned by people who have never been a game and who admit their opinion is formed by reading this forum is laughable mate and i struggle to respect people like that, my view is my view mte, you should know what its like on here if you dont agree with the mob

Well i spent a few months in the 'Newkit clink', i must say twas hard eating bread and drinking water,but im back out now and i really feel you should chill out!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:38 pm

peewee wrote:
nobybob wrote:

Its not HIS money its ours and no doubt hicks will just do what he has always done get a loan and put it on the back of the club. It just amazes me how some people cant see the wood for the trees!

yeah we all gave him the money to buy the club as well i suppose, i know you dislike him to the point of tedium but at least deal in facts.

maybe you enlighten me as to how it is our money, do you actually understand the transfer market?  do you realise even how many players are bought in installments anyway? do you understand the concept of businesses borrowing money and paying a lower rate than gained interest on their own money?

actually forget it, just get on with your panic and hysteria

You know what i want from who ever owns our club? one thing, just one thing MONEY and that they invest it. Hicks hasn't done that he has only took money out that's what a leveraged buy out is all about , well we didn't need a leveraged buy out we needed INVESTMENT and that means putting your own money in and taking a chance.

When moores owned the club he knew we needed money desperately to compete with the manures and chelskis of the world. Money to get us a new stadium befitting a club with our history and our fan base. The problem was he did not have the money so he had two choices.

(1) go to the banks borrow 3 or 4 hundred million use the club as collateral and put the debt and the interest payments onto the back of the club. This would have undoubtedly given us the money we needed to compete in the transfer market, make a good start on a new stadium and still leave us with some cash. Problem was the maths didn't add up we simply could not afford to have a huge debt around our necks and make the interest payments , our income just didn't allow it as we simply could not guarantee champions league money, so were did that leave us .

(2) Sell the club to some one who was willing to invest THEIR OWN MONEY . some one willing to take the chance , to spend for the future and if the C.L money did not work out ok it would not be the end of the world for us, there would be no bank waiting in the wings to take control.

So what has actually happened ,  the worst case scenario that's what, the club has in my opinion been sold to the poorest billionaire on the planet as far as i can see. A man who on on paper is worth so much but in reality is worth nothing. A liar a man who promised to respect the history and traditions of this great club that i love. We were promised our shinny new stadium new players and most importantly NO DEBT. Do we have our new stadium ? like sh!t we do , we have spent a fortune in architects fees ect (all put on the back of the club not hicks ) but no spades have actually broke through the turf and never will IMO whilst hicks is in control. But what do we have, well we have huge interest payments owing to the banks, we have constant bad publicity, the worlds press are having a field day, speculation about the future of the manager , players, and long term even the future of the club, all sadly to be expected when parasites are taking us for all they can before eventually they take the money and run. But astoundingly and most unexpected is the support the parasites are receiving from some so called fans such as PEEWEE who talk of all this just being normal business and think those who fear for our future are just "getting on with our panic and hysteria"
nobybob

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Number 9 wrote:
peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Well i spent a few months in the 'Newkit clink', i must say twas hard eating bread and drinking water,but im back out now and i really feel you should chill out!

i am chilled, its just a shame certain others are not stu and can not respect that all fans dont have to have the same opinion,

i am not wound up, just constantly having to defend my self against someone who's own football knowledge can be written on the back of a stamp but then feels the need to ridicule some one elses knowledge, bit sad really, he is supposed to moderate the forum but seems to spend most of his time causing problems on the forum
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:42 pm

nobybob wrote:
peewee wrote:
nobybob wrote:

Its not HIS money its ours and no doubt hicks will just do what he has always done get a loan and put it on the back of the club. It just amazes me how some people cant see the wood for the trees!

yeah we all gave him the money to buy the club as well i suppose, i know you dislike him to the point of tedium but at least deal in facts.

maybe you enlighten me as to how it is our money, do you actually understand the transfer market?  do you realise even how many players are bought in installments anyway? do you understand the concept of businesses borrowing money and paying a lower rate than gained interest on their own money?

actually forget it, just get on with your panic and hysteria

you know what i want from who ever owns our club? one thing, just one thing MONEY and that they invest it. Hicks hasn't done that he has only took money out that's what a leveraged buy out is all about , well we didn't need a leveraged buy out we needed INVESTMENT and that means putting your own money in and taking a chance.

When moores owned the club he knew we needed money desperately to compete with the manures and chelskis of the world. Money to get us a new stadium befitting a club with our history and our fan base. The problem was he did not have the money so he had two choices.

(1) go to the banks borrow 3 or 4 hundred million use the club as collateral and put the debt and the interest payments onto the back of the club. This would have undoubtedly given us the money we needed to compete in the transfer market, make a good start on a new stadium and still leave us with some cash. Problem was the maths didn't add up we simply could not afford to have a huge debt around our necks and make the interest payments , our income just didn't allow it as we simply could not guarantee champions league money, so were did that leave us .

(2) Sell the club to some one who was willing to invest THEIR OWN MONEY . some one willing to take the chance , to spend for the future and if the C.L money did not work out ok it would not be the end of the world for us, there would be no bank waiting in the wings to take control.

So what has actually happened ,  the worst case scenario that's what, the club has in my opinion been sold to the poorest billionaire on the planet as far as i can see. A man who on on paper is worth so much but in reality is worth nothing. A liar a man who promised to respect the history and traditions of this great club that i love. We were promised our shinny new stadium new players and most importantly NO DEBT. Do we have our new stadium ? like sh!t we do , we have spent a fortune in architects fees ect (all put on the back of the club not hicks ) but no spades have actually broke through the turf and never will IMO whilst hicks is in control. But what do we have, well we have huge interest payments owing to the banks, we have constant bad publicity, the worlds press are having a field day, speculation about the future of the manager , players, and long term even the future of the club, all sadly to be expected when parasites are taking us for all they can before eventually they take the money and run. But astoundingly and most unexpected is the support the parasites are receiving from some so called fans such as PEEWEE who talk of all this just being normal business and think those who fear for our future are just "getting on with our panic and hysteria"

thats a good post, only spoilt by your pettiness at the end when again questioning my support
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:46 pm

peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

i am chilled, its just a shame certain others are not stu and can not respect that all fans dont have to have the same opinion,

i am not wound up, just constantly having to defend my self against someone who's own football knowledge can be written on the back of a stamp but then feels the need to ridicule some one elses knowledge, bit sad really, he is supposed to moderate the forum but seems to spend most of his time causing problems on the forum

I think u need to relax mate,no :censored:!!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:50 pm

stu i am chilled mate and laughing at the pettiness of it all, i know they all have it in for me but that just makes the pettiness even funnier   :D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:52 pm

nite nite all, its bed time here :)
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:02 pm

And hope your eyes never open.......................Stop calling me stu please,im not him
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:18 pm

alright stu :D

so we are buying someone who is european... could be pretty much any one of a few hundred people right? i reckon we are resigning heggum!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:14 pm

peewee wrote:stu i am chilled mate and laughing at the pettiness of it all, i know they all have it in for me but that just makes the pettiness even funnier   :D

The word PARANOID springs to mind
nobybob

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:22 pm

s@int wrote:Its probably one of these :D

Bosman /out of contract

Jorquera
Sylvinho
Edmilson
Santiago Ezquerro
Jose Izquiredo
Bernardo Romeo
Pasqual Cygan
Robert Pires
Wes Brown(signed contract)
Ledley King
Sami Hyypia(signed contract)
Harry Kewell
Hilario
Zoltan Gera
Patrick Muller
Bernard Mendy
Mario Yepes
Sylvain Armand
Johan Micoud
Abdelaziz Kamara
Jonathan Perina
Ludovic Magnin
Daniel Bierofka
Zlatan Bajramovic
Gustavo Varela
Pierre Wome
Jurcia Vranjes
Ivan Klasnic
Athrison
Carsten Ramelow
Dmitri Bulykin
Veljko Paynovic
Maxi Rodriguez
Ewerthon
Loukas Vyntra
Turaci
Soti Kyrgiakos
Alexander Meier
Javier Zanetti
Olivier Dacourt
Hernan Crespo
Luis Jimenez
Santiago Solari
Antonio Cassano
Pavel Nedved
Nuno Frechaut
Ivica Krizanac
Anthony Seric
Ezequiel Gonzalez
Tomas Sivok
Angelo Bassinas
Thiago Motta
Juan Valera
Nuno Valente
Danny Murphy
Mathieu Flamini
Phillipe Christinval
Nobby Solano
Wilfred Bouma
Roman Bednar
Lee Wallace
Kanu
Geovanni
Dietmar Hamann
Kasper Schmeichel
Fabio Laverani
Tomas Ujfalusi
Eugeni Aldonin
Marcos Assuncao
Kanga Akale
Andy Gudjohnsen
Vadim Karlaschuk
Antonio Nunez
Jorge Larena
Vlad Munteanu
Mama Bagayoko
Alan Rochat
Jerko Luko
Olivier Veigneau
Sebastian Kehl
Philip Degen
Thomas Chatielle
Guillame Gillet
Sherif Ekramy
Edgar Davids
Sammy Kuffour
Puis Ikedia
Leo
Andrea Luiz
Marat Izmailov
Moura Pinherio
Derlei
Mark Fitzpatrick
Ross McCormack
Guillaume Beuzelin
Micky Robaldinho

Ripped from TLW

There aren't many in there who stand out as players we need, although 60% of them I don't know enough about.

Zanetti would be worth a look given his quality, he could be a solution for our right-side given that he can play RB and RM. Although I'm not so sure he'd want to leave Italy, he's getting on a bit and it's questionable whether or not he'd relish the challenge of plying his trade in England with us. He's probably quite settled in Italy.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion