Wonder who it is? - Senior player already signed.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:19 am

Kukilon wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
destro wrote:I think all the "Football Manager Players" and Youtube addicts  should wait and see what this guy Degan is like in the English Premier League before spouting off about how awful he is going to be. So it looks like we are not going to sign Alves or Lahm ( Man U ) big deal, the same people who go on about in "Rafa we trust" are now saying they don't trust him in the transfer market, priceless.

Had anyone heard of Skrtel before he came here , very few i think so ill reserve my judgement until ive seen the lad play in a red shirt

I had both seen and heard of him. He was Zenits best player and was highly rated in the russian league. I was surprised that he went here though.

I will reserve my judgement until I have seen this guy play in the EPL but it doesn't sound good when fans of his current team and people in Germany say he is very average.

:idea  Hopefully Sabre can confirm he's sh!te, then we'll know we're onto a winner.  :D
LFC2007

Postby destro » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:31 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Kukilon wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
destro wrote:I think all the "Football Manager Players" and Youtube addicts  should wait and see what this guy Degan is like in the English Premier League before spouting off about how awful he is going to be. So it looks like we are not going to sign Alves or Lahm ( Man U ) big deal, the same people who go on about in "Rafa we trust" are now saying they don't trust him in the transfer market, priceless.

Had anyone heard of Skrtel before he came here , very few i think so ill reserve my judgement until ive seen the lad play in a red shirt

I had both seen and heard of him. He was Zenits best player and was highly rated in the russian league. I was surprised that he went here though.

I will reserve my judgement until I have seen this guy play in the EPL but it doesn't sound good when fans of his current team and people in Germany say he is very average.

:idea  Hopefully Sabre can confirm he's sh!te, then we'll know we're onto a winner.  :D

:D I was just thinking the same regarding Sabres comments on Torres ( no offence Sabre mate :) ). But thats the whole point, at least give the lad a chance to play before we all say he isn't good enough, I don't think we have many Swiss/German football experts on here so I don't know where all the "he isn't going to be good enough" talk comes from. I watched clips pf Voronin on Youtube !! and even went so far as to say that given the game time he would out score Torres, I was happy to be proved wrong on that one ( even though he wasn't given the same ammount of playing time as Torres ) likewise Sabre had watched Torres play and his opinion at the time was that he would not score as many as he has, and just like I was, I am sure that Sabre was happy to be wrong on that occasion  so that just goes to prove you can never tell until he has been given the chance, as far as I am aware he is on a Bosman anyway isn't he ? so it is not like he has taken up some of the funds that we were hoping would be used on a so called world beater.
destro

Postby bigmick » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:55 am

It's true to say you can't really tell until the blokes started to play for you, but he is twenty five years old and hasn't had a career to speak of so far. He doesn't score goals for a full back, he is being widely told good riddance by the fans of the team we are picking him up from, and those that have actually seen him play are almost without question claiming he is garbage.

We of course will "support the player", "give him every chance" etc etc etc but I think it would be totally reasonable firstly to not expect too much out of this bloke (I think he'll be another Kromkamp/Josemi personally) and secondly to hope and expect we will make a couple of much bigger and better signings.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby VamosRafa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Is it set in stone that we're buying this Degen guy, or is it just a very strong rumour?
Last edited by VamosRafa on Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VamosRafa

Postby Thingy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Reina
Degen Skrtel Carra Barry

Alonso Masch
Valencia    Gerrard   Babel

Torres

I know its only rumors etc, but if that was to be our team next season, anyone think its good enough? As I say im just playing devils advocate if you like.
Thingy

Postby destro » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:58 pm

bigmick wrote:He doesn't score goals for a full back,

:oh: Hes prolific Mick, 6 goals in 153 games  :p he is just what we need.

Seriously though I am not reading to much in to what fans are saying, he is leaving them on a free so they are hardly going to be singing his praises, I cant think of any Bosman players who have impressed where ever they ended up ( one for the stats people  :D ). I will at least give him chance to play before I pass verdict on him.
destro

Postby Torres25 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Whys every1 bitchin about this Degen its not like hes eating into r transfer budget......hes free & i wouldnt be suprised if he ended up on less then finnan who i believe will leave in the summer

so weve basically replaced a steady eddie who is 31-2? with a similar player who is 25..so whats the problem
Torres25

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:54 pm

destro wrote:I cant think of any Bosman players who have impressed where ever they ended up

Steve Hieghway, cost us nothing but for me is one of this clubs greatest ever wingers.

As for Degen, I've already said I've never heard of him, never mind saw him play, so I'm waiting to see how he does in euro 2008. Give me more of an idea about the lad. (if he plays of course)
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby username » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Torres25 wrote:Whys every1 bitchin about this Degen its not like hes eating into r transfer budget......hes free & i wouldnt be suprised if he ended up on less then finnan who i believe will leave in the summer

so weve basically replaced a steady eddie who is 31-2? with a similar player who is 25..so whats the problem

Voronin
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby SundanceKid » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:39 pm

Voronin just needs more experience. He should have enough by now, but I guess he needs a bit more to adjust. I have faith in him, he's an ambitious striker. Just needs some to settle himself.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Thingy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:47 pm

SundanceKid wrote:Voronin just needs more experience. He should have enough by now, but I guess he needs a bit more to adjust. I have faith in him, he's an ambitious striker. Just needs some to settle himself.

Joke, right?
Thingy

Postby destro » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:52 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
destro wrote:I cant think of any Bosman players who have impressed where ever they ended up

Steve Hieghway, cost us nothing but for me is one of this clubs greatest ever wingers.

As for Degen, I've already said I've never heard of him, never mind saw him play, so I'm waiting to see how he does in euro 2008. Give me more of an idea about the lad. (if he plays of course)

I knew there would be one  :D

I don't think Heighway counts as he was before Bosman  :p but technically its the same principle. If he goes on to be half the player Heighway was then I will be happy, hell if he turns out better than Jossemi I will be happy  :laugh:

The question is still open though, who can find a Bosman that went on to be a good signing ?
destro

Postby Thingy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Marcus Babbel was a free wasnt he? Might be wrong but im sure he was.
Thingy

Postby destro » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Correct he was a Bosman signing :bowdown , anymore ?
destro

Postby GOAT » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:37 pm

Degen? urghh WTF, has hicks just thrown rafa a tenner and told him to have a good look through some bins?
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion