Wonder who it is? - Senior player already signed.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Nick Barmby
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:39 pm

Silly season begins again. We need to be careful who we sign as we still dont have the funds for spending 50-60 million without selling.

Annoying.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:49 pm

I really hope we don't get this Philip Degen..... He is a very average player in the mould of voronin. We should be getting players who improve our team not to just make up the numbers...  :no

I rather we promoted one of our youngsters than to sign mediocre players.....

Come on rafa...you keep talking about 20 million pounds players and then you sign players of the calibre of Degen...  ???
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:56 pm

The_Rock wrote:Come on rafa...you keep talking about 20 million pounds players and then you sign players of the calibre of Degen...  ???

It's hardly as if Rafa chooses not to sign £20million players. He'll spend only what he's given.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:21 pm

JBG wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Come on rafa...you keep talking about 20 million pounds players and then you sign players of the calibre of Degen...  ???

It's hardly as if Rafa chooses not to sign £20million players. He'll spend only what he's given.

Thats not an excuse...we already have 2 competant RB in our team.....3 if you wanna include carra there. So why sign another RB (I am sure he will come with a hefty signing on fee and wages) ?

That has been our problem....buying too many squad players.

The 2nd point is Degan is a very average player.... Yes, i have only seen him play on the tele...but from what i have seen he has a poor positional play. People here criticize about skertel ball watching...... Well wait until you get a load of Degen.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Valencia Pfft , i'd rather top up a little more and go for bentely who erm is way better valencia .

Can't bliv we got degen , i wanted lahm , then again i want alot of things:D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:25 pm

or Figo?  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:30 pm

s@int wrote:I think some people on here need to get real, where is the money going to come from? He has to take a few cheap squad players, as he will have no money left once we have signed Kaka, Messi and Villa. :D

:D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:37 pm

The_Rock wrote:
JBG wrote:

Thats not an excuse...we already have 2 competant RB in our team.....3 if you wanna include carra there. So why sign another RB (I am sure he will come with a hefty signing on fee and wages) ?

The 2nd point is Degan is a very average player.... Yes, i have only seen him play on the tele...but from what i have seen he has a poor positional play. People here criticize about skertel ball watching...... Well wait until you get a load of Degen.

A player like this fills a gap for two years until the lads from teh Reserves come thru. Its a cheap option freeing up money to buy the bigger players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:39 pm

The_Rock wrote:
JBG wrote:

agree about Degan being average, but i think Finnan will be leaving in the Summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Hope the club can bring David Bentley to Liverpool FC.  He'd be great for us.Reminds me a little of Bergkamp / Pires

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby destro » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:19 pm

I think all the "Football Manager Players" and Youtube addicts  should wait and see what this guy Degan is like in the English Premier League before spouting off about how awful he is going to be. So it looks like we are not going to sign Alves or Lahm ( Man U ) big deal, the same people who go on about in "Rafa we trust" are now saying they don't trust him in the transfer market, priceless.
destro

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:33 pm

destro wrote:I think all the "Football Manager Players" and Youtube addicts  should wait and see what this guy Degan is like in the English Premier League before spouting off about how awful he is going to be. So it looks like we are not going to sign Alves or Lahm ( Man U ) big deal, the same people who go on about in "Rafa we trust" are now saying they don't trust him in the transfer market, priceless.

Had anyone heard of Skrtel before he came here , very few i think so ill reserve my judgement until ive seen the lad play in a red shirt
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:00 am

The_Rock wrote:I really hope we don't get this Philip Degen..... He is a very average player in the mould of voronin. We should be getting players who improve our team not to just make up the numbers...  :no

I rather we promoted one of our youngsters than to sign mediocre players.....

Come on rafa...you keep talking about 20 million pounds players and then you sign players of the calibre of Degen...  ???

Didn't see it on the offy myself.
LFC2007

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:08 am

NANNY RED wrote:
destro wrote:I think all the "Football Manager Players" and Youtube addicts  should wait and see what this guy Degan is like in the English Premier League before spouting off about how awful he is going to be. So it looks like we are not going to sign Alves or Lahm ( Man U ) big deal, the same people who go on about in "Rafa we trust" are now saying they don't trust him in the transfer market, priceless.

Had anyone heard of Skrtel before he came here , very few i think so ill reserve my judgement until ive seen the lad play in a red shirt

I had both seen and heard of him. He was Zenits best player and was highly rated in the russian league. I was surprised that he went here though.

I will reserve my judgement until I have seen this guy play in the EPL but it doesn't sound good when fans of his current team and people in Germany say he is very average.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion