Wonder who it is? - Senior player already signed.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:08 pm

flamingpoe wrote:i say we poach ronaldinho from ac, cause clearly we are better than them :P, adriano from sau paulo cause, no matter wat people think he is still a brilliant player he may be of form but hes better than mr i play loads of games and work hard but never score goals kuyt, i know he is a good worker, but a striker is supposed to score friggin goals!!, as for who else kerlon from santos, amazing lil player, also rafael sobis because he is desperate to move away from real betis cause he believes he is suffering from the fernando torres syndrome!, saying in a mag a few weeks ago that he wants to play in the champions league but real betis aren't real contenders to gettin in the champs league, he has only got 2 years on his contract left......

You're right, strikers ARE supposed to score goals. But what if this striker is playing on the wing and is assisting people like Voronin and Crouch who keep fking up?
Seano Kop

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:20 pm

The suspense is killing me
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:21 pm

I hope to god that it's not Sebastián Eguren. The player wasn't even a star in the swedish top league. He wasn't bad but far from the quality needed to make it in a bigger league and especially in a team like Liverpool.

He made 7 goals in 22 appearances for Hammarby last season and is now currently on a loan to spanish Villa Real where he has done ok. Why would they sell him right away?

Not good enough.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:31 pm

You just answered your own question, Kukilon.
Seano Kop

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:42 pm

but will xabi give up the number 14 shirt? or will he be gone by then?!

the plot thickens
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:17 pm

Alonso14 wrote:but will xabi give up the number 14 shirt? or will he be gone by then?!

the plot thickens

He will. To get the 4 his father also had. That's why he's 14. When Hyypia retires Xabi will get it.  :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:46 pm

Would like it if it was Flamini, maybe we've been secretly tapping him up and that's why he's not signed a new contract yet.  But I think that it's probably Sami like Nanny mentioned.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:33 am

LFC2007 wrote:Zanetti would be worth a look given his quality, he could be a solution for our right-side given that he can play RB and RM. Although I'm not so sure he'd want to leave Italy, he's getting on a bit and it's questionable whether or not he'd relish the challenge of plying his trade in England with us. He's probably quite settled in Italy.

I'd love to see Zanetti at Liverpool. The guy is quality. Top Top Player for me.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:20 am

I'd take King and Flamini from the list of bosman/free transfers . Flamini has had a good season with arsenal and he is still young th plenty of time to improve , he can play at left back i think and centre mid
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:28 am

Is this the “senior” player that Rafa has signed?

Mathieu Flamini appears to be targeted by every major European club so far but fresh reports are circulating suggesting that Rafa Benitez has ALREADY snapped up the French international on a free transfer.

Flamini is yet to pen a contract extension with the Gunners, and has been linked with Bayern Munich, Juventus and Inter Milan to name but a few, but Rafael Benitez has already claimed he has three players in the bag for the new season and many are suggesting that Flamini is the key senior player of those three “signings”.

http://kop-tv.com/go/is-this-the-senior-player-that-rafa-has-signed/
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:38 am

Just imagine a midfield of Flamini and Masch.  They would destroy anything that would come their way.  Teams would be shitting themselves when facing us.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby red_guy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:13 am

Waiit...flamini is french? i thought he's a spaniard...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:44 am

I must confess I'm a bit underwhelmed by Flamini and I'd be very surprised if Rafa bought him. A pauper who's fell on hard times's Steven Gerrard IMHO. Not for me at all (not sure where that little fecker of a smiley who does that head shake thing has gone, but if he was on my screen I'd stick him in). This'll have to do instead  ??? Doesn't really work but you get my drift.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:34 am

i doubt it will be a centre mid, we alreadt have masch,stevie,xabi,lucas,plesis and spearing as options so why buy another??
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 am

when benitez is talking about one of the three signings being a 'first team player' surely he is talking about one who will be in the starting eleven most games. in that case i doubt we're looking at a central midfielder or a central defender... or a goalkeeper for that matter. for my money its going to be a fullback or a winger / wide midfielder.

and as for flamini - no thanks.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion