Will the real liverpool please stand up !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:21 am

Dalglish wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Dalglish wrote:You been on the "White Lighting" again

I thought you was banned from Bargain Booze 

Can you answer my thread question then regarding liverpool's inconsistency ? Don't want to pour water on the flames of Qualification for the last 8 but I can't work this Liverpool team out. its essentially the same team that were beaten 2-0 at brum who then (Brum) went on to get beat by Palace and WBA !

No not really I dont respond to being called a village idiot :D

You need to watch "Little Britain"  :D

It could be worse, in the series "Little Britain" the correct character is "I'm the Only gay in the Village"  :D

Your never on here how would you know that Ian? Im always in bed when your online why would you think that ???  just a question like :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:21 am

Biscan was poor in my book though, he plays the odd good pass but is generally very bad.

Baros should have squared it too for Risse.

Get yer head up will ya
Iceman69

Postby fivecups » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:26 am

Dalglish wrote:You been on the "White Lighting" again :D

I thought you was banned from Bargain Booze :laugh:

Can you answer my thread question then regarding liverpool's inconsistency ? Don't want to pour water on the flames of Qualification for the last 8 but I can't work this Liverpool team out. its essentially the same team that were beaten 2-0 at brum who then (Brum) went on to get beat by Palace and WBA ! ???

Sometimes you just can't logically explain football in my opinion.

We were truly awful against Newcastle in what appeared to be a must win game.

Baros looked to be continuing his huff amid talks of departure in the summer. Stevie continued his poor form in 2005 and appeared to have given up. Ongoing questions raged about Harry Kewell's commitment. Doubts started to surface about Benitez - with Hyypia quoted as saying the players were having difficulty understanding what he wanted. Multiple, ever increasing injuries. Doubts over finance. Several players out of contract at the end of the season.

The club appeared in disarray.

Where does a performance like this come from?

Maybe its the 'world is against us' mentality - let's come out fighting for each other. Maybe the tactics were spot on tonight. Maybe Bayern didn't perform. Maybe there was no expectation resting on the players shoulders.

For me, as I've said already the biggest change was Gerrard's performance. I think he's been a shadow of his usual self over the past 2-3 months. I've tried to analyse and sub-analyse him to figure out why and have felt it's because he's given up on Liverpool and is waiting to move on. Who know's.

Most will disagree with me, but in my opinion Steven Gerrard is quite simply the best player I've ever seen in a red shirt. (try as I might I just can't fully remember Kenny Daglish at his peak).

But all in all I think sometimes you just can't explain these things and you just have to enjoy them. It's what makes us love the game.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:27 am

Warnock was great tonight, i hope he gets to play more now , he seems to have got a lot better
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:31 am

Dalglish wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Dalglish wrote:You been on the "White Lighting" again

I thought you was banned from Bargain Booze :laugh:

Can you answer my thread question then regarding liverpool's inconsistency ? Don't want to pour water on the flames of Qualification for the last 8 but I can't work this Liverpool team out. its essentially the same team that were beaten 2-0 at brum who then (Brum) went on to get beat by Palace and WBA !

No not really I dont respond to being called a village idiot :D

You need to watch "Little Britain"  :D

It could be worse, in the series "Little Britain" the correct character is "I'm the Only gay in the Village"  :D[/quote
:p
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:32 am

:oops: I'm always in the ******, its just the depth that varies !!!!!!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:35 am

Its a funny old game  :)
No different from first leg where we got beaten by brummies a week and half before and were getting written off
Great result  and it will hopefully earn bit of respect for the team.
I noticed on some media sites this morning how the words a injury riddled Liverpool side and listing all their injuries and saying how great and superb  the result was besides that. Sounds like the media worm is now turning
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:32 am

Good to hear the press giving the Reds a little credit and acknowledging an horrendous injury list whilst gaining entry to the last 8.

I don't want to start talking about winning it but be instead content to watch a Liverpool team play with the same consistency week in , week out .

At this level confidence is the difference and hopefuly tonights super performance wil give them that
:) :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:52 am

Whatever the outcome of this season's CL adventures, Liverpool have to finish 4th in the EPL to ensure continued participation in the CL next season. If the draw is kind to us, we may go all the way but the remaining teams are mighty, both in the first team personnel and also their depth of the squad, with the possible exception of PSV.

Winning the CL, is a wee bit too far for me to realistically dream about.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:54 am

Brilliant!
Last edited by fivecups on Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:01 am

fivecups wrote:Image

Brilliant!

what does the banner say?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:12 am

I think it might say 'There's only one Liverpool', but my German's not great.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:31 am

Well, Dalglish, this is the same question I have for the last couple of years. Which team is the real team??? I think if you held the team we have as a constant, the only thing changes is the opponents, location and occasion. I guess these three factors really had affected on the players mentality. For us as fans, we knew the Newcastle game was a must win game but what about its meaning to the players? I don't think there was much hatred on Newscastle as it  would have on other so called enemy like Man U. I think in games against our "enemy" or other big club, we tend to perform better even if the result wasn't a desired one. But when we play against the lesser team, there was even less consistency there. So, in general, we tend to do better in do or die situation.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:05 am

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:06 am

is he any of you?  :D

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion