Will Liverpool be left behind?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:05 am

We are reaching a point where by Fenway have to make a call on the stadium
and if they cannot secure the sponsorship and afford to make up the difference
have the good grace to find a buyer or investor so we can move on.

The stadium issue is findemental to making the club competitive again and there
has to be a line drawn in the sand with the stadium issue because we simply cannot
afford to keep falling behind year on year whilst they ponder the options.

I understand they called for patience, but they have been here long enough now to
have investigated the options, add up the numbers, and made a decision.

A lots been made of them being saviours of the club, but in reality they got the club
for a undervalue price and felt it was a good investment for their company. I get the
impression they may not be so sure of that now and are struggling to fund the stadium
project and find sponsors/investors to buy into the project.They are also well aware
(as where G+H) that the business cannot grow or increase much in value without it being built.

Assuming they have pursuing this from day one, then 18 months is enough time to make
the decision, but unfortunately we are no further forward than when they walked through
the door and time has to be called on this soon before we hit the 2 year mark surely.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:11 pm

RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:31 am wrote:[quote="

I am angry at Dalglish for not coming out and calling a spade a f**king spade,

Suarez got banned and fined for this. I'm not suprised Kenny chose not to.  :eyebrow[/quote]

Is that you Patrice?
:lookaround
Thommo's perm

Postby Kukilon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:01 pm

parchpea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:05 am wrote:We are reaching a point where by Fenway have to make a call on the stadium

has to be a line drawn in the sand with the stadium issue because we simply cannot

I understand they called for patience, but they have been here long enough now to

A lots been made of them being saviours of the club, but in reality they got the club
for a undervalue price and felt it was a good investment for their company. I get the
impression they may not be so sure of that now and are struggling to fund the stadium
project and find sponsors/investors to buy into the project.They are also well aware
(as where G+H) that the business cannot grow or increase much in value without it being built.

Assuming they have pursuing this from day one, then 18 months is enough time to make
the decision, but unfortunately we are no further forward than when they walked through
the door and time has to be called on this soon before we hit the 2 year mark surely.

You write a lot of sense here. Lots of people seems to believe that they bought us to be nice to us nothing could be further from the truth. They are good businessmen and they know that it's much harder to make money on us if they fight us. They got us for a bargain price first off.

How far did the plans for a supporter buy out go? I actually think we would have stood a good chance if we had a approached the RBS with about 10-20% capital which would not have been impossible looking at the fan base. 50k people investing 600 pounds each could have reached those levels easily. That's actually a very pessimistic number.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:17 pm

heimdall » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:32 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:30 am wrote:
heimdall » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 pm wrote:
:laugh:
You are unintentionally hilarious which makes you even funnier
We need 5 new players and a new manager, but time and patience will be what it takes?
Fu*king class mate

and your inability to understand basic English grammatical structure is even funnier. Read this sentence again, "In all seriousness we need a new manager and at least 4-5 new players just to get into the top 4, to win the league will take a lot of time and a lot of patience." Now do you notice that it's in 2 parts, the comma kind of suggests that doesn't it? In the first part I'm saying we need at least 4-5 players plus a new manager to get into the top 4. IN the second part I say that to then go on and win the league will take a lot of patience. Hope it's a bit clearer for you and your little acolytes now.

So we dont need time and patience to get into the top 4, just 5 new players and a new manager?
Got it now

Do you not quite understand that there is a rather big difference between getting into the top 4 and winning the league? Or is success mostly irrelevant to you as long as you have your King Kenny managing us?

The way I see it getting top 4 should have been achievable this year based on how much we spent in the summer, we could then have laid the foundations for winning the league within 5 years which would be the patience part but if we improved year on year then that would not have been a problem and all fans would have gladly accepted it.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:24 pm

kazza » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:36 am wrote:We've been left behind, question should be can we get it back without a new stadium?

It's not about the stadium, we need better players and better management before worrying about the stadium. After a season like this why the hell would Fenway's first priority be the stadium?
heimdall

Postby eds » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 am

parchpea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:05 am wrote:We are reaching a point where by Fenway have to make a call on the stadium

I can't disagree with any of this.

Come the end of the season they will need to make some big decisions on the future of this club.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:50 am

Suarez got banned and fined for this. I'm not suprised Kenny chose not to.  :eyebrow[/quote]

You quoted me on the sentence before the point I made on Suarez and them lump it in saying "Kenny choose not to"?

Kenny choose not to what?

I don't get anything you have just posted.  :upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:55 am

All the clubs are being left behind as long as the FA are supporting united.

And this is a FACT.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 am

eds » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:50 am wrote:

Suarez got banned and fined for this. I'm not suprised Kenny chose not to.  :eyebrow

You quoted me on the sentence before the point I made on Suarez and them lump it in saying "Kenny choose not to"?

Kenny choose not to what?

I don't get anything you have just posted.  :upside:[/quote]

Sorry...was a slightly naughty joke  :grinning:

And I can't seem to figure out this quoting business...
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Kharhaz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 am wrote:All the clubs are being left behind as long as the FA are supporting united.

And this is a FACT.

Uniteds new away kit .......Leaked

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:50 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:38 pm wrote:
Kharhaz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 am wrote:All the clubs are being left behind as long as the FA are supporting united.

And this is a FACT.

Uniteds new away kit .......Leaked

"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion