Why not sell hamann now? - He's not first 11...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:13 pm

Point proven on why we shouldn't sell Hamann.

Anyone who thought about it DOESN'T know ef all about the game and is simply an idiot. This is the reason we need him. Can any of you mindless stains imagine if we didn't have him now?

Thats all am sayin tonight otherwise am gonna end up sounding like Hustler.

I'll comment on the game when my heart doesn't rule my head, at this moment though i'm absoloutely livid.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:15 pm

Hamman deserves to be a Red. He had a solid performance, but because of his age he isn't affective as Gerrard but without a doubt he is a good player . Hamman shouldn't be sold, I was happy with the way he performed.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:18 pm

Interessting to note that Liverpool played BETTER with hamann on the pitch tonuight.

No, I'm not suggesting he gets selected ahead of Gerard but the argument for getting rid of Dietmar is pointless and was proven tonight when Stevie took a knock and Hamann was introduced.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:19 pm

Always backed him and always will. When you need someone with quality to come off the bench for Gerrard who better than Didi. Im glad he is still here as he is vital to the team still and did a great job tonight.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:21 pm

Dalglish....

What did you think of the ever wonderful Steven Gerrard tonight before the injury?

I'll be honest... I could have ****** done better!!! Absoloutely awful, releasing the ball to early and inaccurately, gave it away every time, pulled out of tackles, didn't carry the ball when he had space to run into and passed to the wrong side, didn't drive the team on, did not organise the team on the first goal AT ALL!!!

WHY THE ****** WASN'T THERE A MAN ON EACH POST FOR THE FIRST GOAL??? :angry:

Seriously i'll stop now...

Nite people!!!
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby madred » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:22 pm

I actually thought that too Dalglish! They probably would have stepped up anyway with Gerrard still on but Didi still has that experience in certain areas that youth just cannot buy! When you need a cool head who better than him?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundees pace » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:28 pm

Fair point Stu.

Reminds me of Whelan in his later days - a consistent player who was never fully appreciated but always performed.

Didi is a quality player & I don't like to slate LFC players but just look at our other options in centre mid!
dundees pace

Postby faisal » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:48 pm

I think people got too over the top with praise with our last two performances, just like they went overcritcal with the two performances preceding them. I think realistically the best we can hope for in the league this season is third place, which is not too bad considering the new manager and players. They need time. Garcia definitely needs to work on the physical aspects of his game. When he really gets to grip with the premiership he will be a great player instead of just a good one. Alonso is already one of the best players in the league.
When the transfer window reopens in January rafa HAS to buy again. We need a top quality striker who can play alongside both cisse and baros. Someone in the Heskey mould, but obviously better! Also a world class central defender is absolutely vital. He also should give Kirkland a chance as soon as possible.
faisal

Postby whylongball? » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:14 am

Up to the time Hamann was introduced no one knew how to break the flow of man u. Hamann is a key player though he may not play that often now. Different games require different types of players and i c Hamann brings more balace in away games or against strong teams.
whylongball?

Postby Shanti » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:31 am

Agree with stu. Hamann gave (gives) "Yin" to balance the too "Yang" squad. Our performance could have been worse if he hadn't been down there.
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby begintoend » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:10 am

I will not ever think that Hamann needs to be sold.

Everytime he plays, I see that he does all the things correct. Though only a few flashes of billiance once in a blue moon. But I feel that Hamann has always been a good player.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:25 am

Hamann has been a useful addition to the squad for a long time.  And now that Gerrard's out he'll be even more important.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Paul C » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:18 am

I agree, we should keep Hamman, ok the lad has lost a bit of pace but he can still perform at the highest level and always puts in a solid performance, if anyone should be sold it's Kewell :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:30 am

Every top team has a senior player, who knows when to slow the game down, or speed it up.  Ours in Hamman. He is world class and has been for the past 4 years.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:14 am

Shanti wrote:Agree with stu. Hamann gave (gives) "Yin" to balance the too "Yang" squad. Our performance could have been worse if he hadn't been down there.

Shut up and pass me that joint shanti.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion