Why not sell hamann now? - He's not first 11...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:55 pm

the great one wrote:ok sell hamman and who have we got for cover potter ? welsh ? ???

Well when Benitez was asked he mentioned biscan and diao ???
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:03 pm

adayinthelife wrote:
the great one wrote:ok sell hamman and who have we got for cover potter ? welsh ? ???

Well when Benitez was asked he mentioned biscan and diao ???

but someone people say welsh is the ideal replacement for hamman although diao and biscan are defensice minded player welsh is more attacking and some people compare him to gerrard.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:29 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Point proven on why we shouldn't sell Hamann.

Anyone who thought about it DOESN'T know ef all about the game and is simply an idiot. This is the reason we need him. Can any of you mindless stains imagine if we didn't have him now?

Just teach him how to pass the ball, quickly in a forward direction, without losing his hard won possession.
Seriously he is a solid class act, we looked better last season when he returned from his lay-off. He is needed.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby wiped » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:56 pm

To sell Hamann would leave far too big a hole in our squad (regardless of Gerards injury or not) ...... to suggest we can do without him with our current squad is talkin out our ******.
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glambertino » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:29 am

Hamann's a top player.  Diao?  Bag of tools.  Aye, he runs a lot, so why didn't he take to marathon running rather than football.  Biscan?  I'm unsure because I haven't really seen him play in midfield which is where he prefers.  I heard he was ok in the preseason.
glambertino

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:39 am

Sorry Seabiscuit has never been nor will ever be good enough for LFC nor will Diao.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:42 am

any talk of selling hamann is absolute garbage, especially now that stevie is injured. sell hamann and we're left with biscuit and diao, which doesn't exactly put the fear of god into the opposition does it? :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:06 am

Have you ever seen them both in the team at the same time, I dont think I can remember a time. That would be embarrasing.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:08 am

mynameisred wrote:Have you ever seen them both in the team at the same time, I dont think I can remember a time. That would be embarrasing.

no but i remember when we played chelsea on the first day of last season. hamann was crocked and stevie was suspended after getting sent off against them on the last day of the previous season. we had biscan and cheyrou in central midfield. funnily enough, veron looked world class that day. :(
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:10 am

Yeah I remeber that the missus spilled a pint over me. I was wearing cream combats as well.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:11 pm

until we have a squad of talent
we cannot afford to get rid of players like hamman
he's not the worlds best but he's far from being surplus to requirments
verdict
a good, solid, loyal, commited player

(or would people sooner see diao or biscan start ever week)
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion