Why martin o'neil is the wrong choice! - He's out of his depth at lfc.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:26 pm

TheHustler wrote:This is my own personal view, why MArtin O'neil, should not even be in contention for the LFC job.
Mainly because, He went up to Celtic from Leicester, because he couldn't get a "Top English Club" to employ him, and because he's had a bit of "success" (questionable!!) with celtic, and their 60+ thousand fans, O'neil thinks he can take on the world.
But his team is full of SECOND RATE ex-premierhsip players, who also went up to Scotland cause they coulnt get employed by a big English club EITHER!
IE; Neil Lennon, Chris Sutton, John Hartson the fat ex-west ham porker and a few others who followed O'neil up there.

But what LFC fans should be weary of, and what the MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR for singning a new boss is....what contacts does he have to bring the worlds best players to Anfield. The answer is....NONE!

NEver mind winning the Scottish title, that title is pure kack, and no measure of success, we are far better going for a manager with good contacts, who can bring the right players in.
Nothing to me suggests O'Neill can do this important aspect of the Job. People talk about him motivating players, apart from him  jumping around on the touchline, we need a lot more  than that!
Even Stevie G said we need QUALITY! and nothing O'neil can offer, is good enough!
Way out of his depth!

Im not just having a cheap dig at the guy, im just stating a FACT! its important cause a lot of Liverpool fans want this guy as the new boss! (judging by polls etc!)

soon changed your tune you forking hypocrite hahaha
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:27 pm

redandblue wrote:Rotten to the core? Fraid not chum. They are so rotten that they finished 15 points ahead of us, won the FA cup and qualified from their group in the CL. By their standards they have had a rotten year. If we were to have matched their achievements, we'd be celebrating.

Exactly
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Supermarius » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:20 pm

comments like that merit a swift kick in the balls! i know wat united did last season ..i dont need reminding and i certainly wouldnt celebrate a season like that..Ill celebrate when we win the premiership! :D
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:52 pm

Just remind us "manc-cakery" what did the "scum" win last season?....the FA cup against a poor second rated outfit!!.. The "scum" are going nowhere their time is at an end, they will be the also rans next season. :laugh:  :laugh:  :p
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:45 pm

I agree with the original post...
signed Dalglish
84-1083280474

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:55 am

redandblue wrote:Rotten to the core? Fraid not chum. They are so rotten that they finished 15 points ahead of us, won the FA cup and qualified from their group in the CL. By their standards they have had a rotten year. If we were to have matched their achievements, we'd be celebrating.

Seriously, I think they are rotting from the inside out.  The out being the football pitch.  Look what is happening in the boardroom with the racing magnates.  Fergie is on a one year rolling contract as from the end of next season.  All of the transfer dealings and nepotism that has gone on, the fact they are no longer the club who players will automatically come to anymore, Louis Saha and Alan Smith apart.  I found that puzzling for a start, why these two players would want to play there.  Fergie's glorious era is coming to an end and it's obvious to me.  It's not just that I have a blind prejudice to them that i've convinced myself it's happening - it IS happening.

They are not in the position to have that authority any more when it comes to players on the market.  Look at the pathetic game Fergie played last month over Steven Gerrard saying he is the natural replacement for Roy Keane.  Ten years ago, you BELIEVED Fergie would get his man.  He would have got Gerrard, just like he took Andy Cole from Newcastle, who at the time were a massive challenge to Manchester United.  It's obvious he wants Gerrard, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting his daughters the Neville sisters to tap him up and report back while they're out in Portugal. 

But Manchester United are no longer the club you don't say no to when they knock at your door.

They are not even close to having a Champions League winning team, which if you listened to them they think it is their own personal trophy on loan to Porto, Milan, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich since they stole it in 1999.  Why would Beckham leave them when Real Madrid came knocking?  I'm still praying Ruud Van Nistelrooy kicks them in the balls and leaves them.  Real Madrid are circling dangerously again, even though in my opinion they are serious under achievers for the players they have, and their defence is terrible.  They are not the be all and end all of football.  Players don't say no to them though.  As under achieving as they are, who would say no to the Spanish League, Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Carlos, Solari, Beckham, that illustrious history, the mind games knowing you WILL be challenging season after season after season for the top honours.?  What was Makelele playing at?

Anyway, i'm boring myself now.

Look at this post I made this morning about Manchester United and why they ARE rotting to the core IN MY OPINION.

They can stick their FA Cup against Millwall up their a.r.s.e.  To them, it is a failure and more to the point they know it, and I love it.  They're not fooling anyone.  If O'Neill goes there, he'll have a massive job.  It's his reputation.

The "scum" are going nowhere their time is at an end, they will be the also rans next season.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:04 pm

I can still remember when the Manure were relegated to the old 2nd div. We laughed and laughed. Some said it couldn't happen but it did. Happy days. :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:04 pm

A couple of years ago I found an mpeg video of Denis Law backheeling that goal in to relegate them.  I can't for the life of me remember which website it was on, but if I find it, it's going to be my new avatar.

Any help would be appreciated finding it.
jonnymac1979

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion