Why liverpool won in germany?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby marcus.c » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:43 am

There are two reasons why Liverpool had won. First, the overall performance of the team was outstanding. The players knew what was their role and played it out with guts and determination. Second, it is because Harry Kewell is not playing. I am not being harsh here but I feel that whenever Harry Kewell is playing, Liverpool tends to struggle a bit. If you can still remember the Newcastle match some days ago. Kewell played slightly below Baros and what did he contribute the entire match? NOTHING ! He simply gives away balls too easily. Somtimes he tries too hard and gives away silly fouls. Beside he is prone to injuries. If there is something which is consistant about him, it got to be his picking up of injuries. I am puzzled why RB keep playing Kewell. What RB should be thinking is a replacement for Kewell.

Liverpool's hope to lift the cup, cannot fall on one person. It cannot be Gerrard or Kewell. It is not about building a team around Gerrard. Football is not about one person. Liverpool got to build a team of team players that will go out there and play every single match with guts and determination as though it is a final. Liverpool has shown us in Germany that it is possible. How far will Liverpool continue this adventure? I am keeping my fingers cross.
marcus.c

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:12 am

well, you are supporting your opnion with absolutely wrong facts. HK did not play in the newcastle game, it was vlady my friend.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:09 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:well, you are supporting your opnion with absolutely wrong facts. HK did not play in the newcastle game, it was vlady my friend.

lol, marcus c you idiot
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:10 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:well, you are supporting your opnion with absolutely wrong facts. HK did not play in the newcastle game, it was vlady my friend.

lol, marcus c you idiot

Chiggz, you should know better than to ridicule people for mistaken identity or typing errors...... ???
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:35 pm

Lmao... another one. Brilliant!!

The main reason is Leverkusen were rubbish. Liverpool weren't even that good i didn't think. I've seen us play much better than that and lose this season. Infact i wouildn't even put that in the top 4 or 5 of the season probably.
115-1073096938

Postby Iceman69 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:14 pm

you missed the point that leverkusen are not the same team they were 3 years ago
Iceman69

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:39 am

More to the point, alot of our players seem more at home playin European style football rather than Premier League. Look at Biscan...hardly a world beater in the bread and butter games, but you couldn't fault him against Bayer. Garcia...how often has he been accused of goin missin in games? Yet, he was awesome Wensdy.
We have the makings of a good team, but the players need to understand what pays their wages. But, I for one aint gonna decry their achievements and would like to apologise to our neighbours, who probly wont speak to me for a coupla weeks at least after that second goal hit the net!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1110374949 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:51 am

another thread were people who dont even watch the  game spout off
109-1110374949

Postby supersub » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:10 am

****** off marklfc/dapioneer...be warned everyone mingepad is that loser
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:11 am

I generally agree with Stu there.

3 years ago Leverkusen had Ballack and Ze Roberto and although Ballack has not really been on fire this season, he is still a very good player, perhaps the best German player at this present moment.

Leverkusen were quite poor, especially in marking and Garcia was virtually left totally unmarked.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:25 am

We played well but not that well, its just that Leverkusen was ******
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:25 am

azriahmad wrote:I generally agree with Stu there.

3 years ago Leverkusen had Ballack and Ze Roberto and although Ballack has not really been on fire this season, he is still a very good player, perhaps the best German player at this present moment.

Leverkusen were quite poor, especially in marking and Garcia was virtually left totally unmarked.

Lucio aswell
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby charwell » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:04 am

Very harsh and dismissive of our perfromance. Yes we played a team below their best but they beat MAdrid, Kiev and Roma easily so they are no mugs! Seems some just wanna keep dragging us down all the time, show a bit more of a positive attitude and perhaps this will rub off on the pitch instead of the negativity seeping from the stands to the players!  :alien:
charwell

Postby rent » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:44 pm

the two great victories against real and bayern in the early season had shown that we still can beat every team in the world. but at now we have the problem of the injuries of nowotny, juan and roque junior wich are all in the defense. we only had callsen-braker who is about 20 years old and in the first season as a proffessional footballplayer and diego placente who normaly is playing on the left side and much to small for the middledefense. because of two much yellow cards we mist paul freier and robson ponte who is like our head of the offence, too.
rent

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:27 am

"Why Liverpool won in Germany"

Because Liverpool scored more than Leverkusen, there's not much to it. Yes Leverkusen had injuries and suspensions but that's nothing new, we've had it all season and nobody sympathized us when we lost because of injuries.

Our own fans say injuries shouldn't be an execuse so why should it be an execuse for other teams?

20 years ago Liverpool were the Kings of England and the Kings of Europe. They had a squad that could walk over anybody. But that's the past, whether it's 20 years ago or 3 years ago it's irrevelant.

Leverkusen were good enough to beat Real Madrid,AS Roma and Dynamo Kiev at home. We with injuries of our own beat Arsenal when nobody thought we could beat them.

Fact of the matter is that we won and they didn't, no need to analyze it.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion