Why is it taking so long?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:44 pm

SteveMW wrote:And my answer, in a nutshell, was "Because the club do not wish to pay over inflated prices for players"

Welcome to the forum steve :)
Diouf 10 million, Cisse 14 million, Cheyrou 5 million, Diao 5 million, Biscan 5 million, not one of them players are defenders but put all them millions together we could have bought 2 excellent defenders for the money thats been wasted on players that no longer play for Liverpool apart from Cisse, who looks like a gonner in January anyway, and we will stand to lose about 7-8 million on him aswell.
My point is we have payed 5 million here, 7 million there on players for positions that we where ok in, instead we should have spent 10 million on a defender 3 years ago instead of buying Cheyrou and Diao, etc.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:56 pm

I really dont think it has been a priorority up until now ,when Houllier was here he bought in Hyypia and Henchoz and the two of them formed a very formidable partnership for a few years aswell.
Henchoz left and Cara slotted into the role perfectly , but last season there were signs that Hyypia has become a bit more vulrable at the back and was starting to get exposed more.
So Rafa has identified the problem and was looking to address it in the summer but unfortunately a signing never emerged .
I reckon Houllier struck gold when he paired Henchoz and Hyypia now Rafa has to do the same with Cara and whoever but its not going to be easy to find a CH that can fill Samis boots eventually.
66-1112520797

Postby SteveMW » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm

I see what you are saying, and I agree.  The club are a bit slow in the transfer market.  Give Rafa and his team time and I'm sure they'll get to know the english game better.
SteveMW

Postby SteveMW » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:30 pm

Bamaga man  has hit the nail on the head there.
SteveMW

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:36 pm

Why thankyou and welcome SteveMw  :blush:
66-1112520797

Postby SteveMW » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:39 pm

Cheers.  Glad to be here.  Gotta go and do some work now :(
SteveMW

Postby Rimetto » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:41 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Rimetto wrote:Welcome Steve, Totally agree with what you say. And how can you go on about us not buying a central defender in the past 3/4 years when Rafa has only been with us for just over a season. Maybe if we've not bought a defender after the january transfer window then have a go. But i think we should just wait and see where we stand in after that.

I didnt say it was Rafa's fault did I?
I said why havent we signed a central defender for 3-4 years was Rafa here then NO, Im not blaming Rafa atall.
I am asking why we have failed to sign 0ne or two defenders in the past couple of years.

When you say we then you most mean GH/Rafa because moores and parry don't go out and buy the players the manager does.

And the past couple of years covers all of rafa's reign and the end of GH
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:46 pm

Rimetto wrote:
Rimetto wrote:Welcome Steve, Totally agree with what you say. And how can you go on about us not buying a central defender in the past 3/4 years when Rafa has only been with us for just over a season. Maybe if we've not bought a defender after the january transfer window then have a go. But i think we should just wait and see where we stand in after that.

I said why havent we signed a central defender for 3-4 years was Rafa here then NO, Im not blaming Rafa atall.
I am asking why we have failed to sign 0ne or two defenders in the past couple of years.

When you say we then you most mean GH/Rafa because moores and parry don't go out and buy the players the manager does.

I dont think Cisse-gonna-get-ya is being specific in who actually buys them.

I think she means we " as a club " havent bought a CH for a few years now.
66-1112520797

Postby Rimetto » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:02 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Rimetto wrote:

I dont think Cisse-gonna-get-ya is being specific in who actually buys them.

I think she means we " as a club " havent bought a CH for a few years now.

I understand what's she's saying i was just pointing out that the people that buy the players are the managers. And until recently we've not needed a CH
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion