Why - All the abuse

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jkop » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:07 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Steven Gerrard is the most complete player in the world at this present moment. We have been spoilt here at Anfield and a lot of people now expect a brilliant performance from Gerrard each and every game. We seem to take him for granted. Gerrard has not played anywhere near his best so far this year but on many occasions he has been our best player on the park. However we criticise him a hell of a lot because we are used to so much more from our captain.

He is fitter, stronger and faster than all the other contenders for his crown. He shooting ability is out of the world, his passing is now accepted as the norm for us and his tackling is awesome. He is a big game player as he has proved in Cardiff and Istanbul, and also has one thing that sets him out from the rest by a country mile. His desire.

Steven Gerrard wants to be the world's best and is. We dismiss his desire as arrogance and although I don't think he is the soundest person in the world, he is the best player in the world. He has this ability to grab games by the scruff of the neck and drag them over the finish line. He knows he is the best player we have and I suspect he is very proud of that.

Although no player is as big as the club, I do not want Liverpool to sell Gerrard. If he wanted to leave fine, put it in writing and we will sell you to the highest bidder. But I can never see Gerrard doing this, he has made mistakes in the past and he has learnt from them. He loves Liverpool and we love him.

:nod  Well said Rafa-dodd.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:13 pm

wow :) that was an amazing post, I totally agree with you. :bowdown: :hearts:
Hebz

Postby Rafa D » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:18 pm

Ive gone all bashful now :O   :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:41 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Steven Gerrard is the most complete player in the world at this present moment. We have been spoilt here at Anfield and a lot of people now expect a brilliant performance from Gerrard each and every game. We seem to take him for granted. Gerrard has not played anywhere near his best so far this year but on many occasions he has been our best player on the park. However we criticise him a hell of a lot because we are used to so much more from our captain.

He is fitter, stronger and faster than all the other contenders for his crown. He shooting ability is out of the world, his passing is now accepted as the norm for us and his tackling is awesome. He is a big game player as he has proved in Cardiff and Istanbul, and also has one thing that sets him out from the rest by a country mile. His desire.

Steven Gerrard wants to be the world's best and is. We dismiss his desire as arrogance and although I don't think he is the soundest person in the world, he is the best player in the world. He has this ability to grab games by the scruff of the neck and drag them over the finish line. He knows he is the best player we have and I suspect he is very proud of that.

Although no player is as big as the club, I do not want Liverpool to sell Gerrard. If he wanted to leave fine, put it in writing and we will sell you to the highest bidder. But I can never see Gerrard doing this, he has made mistakes in the past and he has learnt from them. He loves Liverpool and we love him.

Rafa after reading that post the words NAIL, ON & HEAD came to mind. We have been spoilt by the level of Gerrard's performances over the last couple of years and even with some of the constant transfer rumours a couple of years ago his commitment & performance levels didn't seem to waiver. If some of our other players were to put in a regular performance to the level of one of his bad ones then we'd be top of the league (or very close to it). We are probably over critical of the lad and the past week is a case in point. His performance like the rest of the team was terrible last week at old twatford but when you consider he spent the best part of the night before at a hospital with one of his kids (which is more important than a footie match no matter who it's against) you start to understand why. One really poor match in something like 18 months ain't a bad average really and no way would I sell him for anything less than 50 million quid.

Today's paper lies (sorry I meant stories) are just another attempt by the Southern arseholes to destabilise Liverpool Football Club in my eyes. They have the audacity to claim he's prepared to play on the right for his country but not his club, incidentally the club side he's supported since he was a bouncing baby crappin' in his nappies. Why would he be prepared to play out of his favoured position for the good of his national side but not for the good of his club?
My theory as to why this and the Rafa board member story have surfaced is pretty simple. The papers have got no 'High profile player caught snorting Charlie' - no 'Sven getting backhanders from fake sheikhs' - 'Premiership players roasted me by unnamed girl' stories to focus on.  They've got fuck all to write about so they're going through the portfolio of tabloid bullshit that they keep on record for just such an occasion. Well you fleet street knob jockeys we ain't falling for it here in scouse land no matter how often you throw it at us.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:49 pm

The whole idea of playing for your country + club thing brings to mind two certain players, and they would be Wayne Rooney - he can score for ManU but he can't for England (in this years world cup) and Mr. Frank Lampard! They should be targets not Gerrard, Gerrard is amazing for his club and his country

he gives 11000% and he's the one that should be given a break! I can't wait until he starts putting them in the back of the net, just so we can shut the liars/publishers/editors up!
Hebz

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion