Whose been our best outfield player this season? - I think opinion's will be split on this

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Whose been our best outfield player this season? - I think opinion's will be split on this

Glen Johnson
4%
Jamie Carragher
3%
Emiliano Insua
1%
Dirk Kuyt
19%
Lucas Leiva
19%
Javier Mascherano
32%
Yossi Benayoun
8%
Steven Gerrard
4%
David Ngog
No votes
Fernando Torres
10%

Total votes : 73

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Playing out of position in a position where he scored 20 plus goals last season and created many more and looked at his best ever for us ?!!?
Benny The Noon

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Playing out of position in a position where he scored 20 plus goals last season and created many more and looked at his best ever for us ?!!?

yeah with Torres and Alonso around him. World class players combine to make good things happen, because there so talented. Swap Alonso and Torres with grade A trash like Lucas and N'gog and the results are there for all to see.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:13 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Well those who voted for Masch are correct not to account for off-the-pitch judgments since the poll is intended to gauge our players' performances on the pitch.   ???

Well I guess if you judge Tiger Woods by his golf you´d be technically correct.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Grade A Trash ?!?! Im guessing this is the new age of support now when we are calling our own players trash ?!

Pathetic , no wonder this place is getting quieter and quieter with the amount of Grade A trash being spouted by people , think will stick to the support i see and hear and am part off on the stands of the stadium cause while they might not like certain players or certain tactics they certainly dont disrepect and throw insults on a constant basis at people who pull on the great shirt and work their :censored: off trying the best to please people and to try and succeed for the club and fans only for a minority of sections (mainly people on forums )  to throw it back in their faces .

I got an idea - if you dont like it or want to act like children go and support someone else .
Benny The Noon

Postby Waldo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Carra all day.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Carra had an awful start to the season, looking good now though
Fauxy

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Reg wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Well those who voted for Masch are correct not to account for off-the-pitch judgments since the poll is intended to gauge our players' performances on the pitch.   ???

Well I guess if you judge Tiger Woods by his golf you´d be technically correct.

:nod

You can view Cristiano Ronaldo as a diving, cheating c...t and at the same time believe him to be a world class footballer.

You can view Tiger Woods as a cheating c....t and at the same time view him as the world's best golfer.

Just as you can think Masch to be a 'little runt' for apparently courting interest off Barca and at the same time see him as a world class midfielder. The poll asks you to make the latter sort of judgment.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:00 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:Where is Reina?

Top preformer for us this season.

Outfield player soft lad  :no

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Id have to go with Torres here. Despite being out for a while with injury he has always looked 100% committed and even when at times being talked about as 'not fully fit' he was still banging in the goals. And he is back now so watch out!!

Aside from him I don't think anyone could really deserve that accolade. Let's face it Torres is probably the only bright spark in a team that has thoroughly underperformed this season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:15 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Grade A Trash ?!?! Im guessing this is the new age of support now when we are calling our own players trash ?!

Pathetic , no wonder this place is getting quieter and quieter with the amount of Grade A trash being spouted by people , think will stick to the support i see and hear and am part off on the stands of the stadium cause while they might not like certain players or certain tactics they certainly dont disrepect and throw insults on a constant basis at people who pull on the great shirt and work their :censored: off trying the best to please people and to try and succeed for the club and fans only for a minority of sections (mainly people on forums )  to throw it back in their faces .

I got an idea - if you dont like it or want to act like children go and support someone else .

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ we all get it your the worlds greatest supporter. Listen were not sitting in the stands right now, so what i call a player isnt effecting anyone. I was explaining why Gerrard is suffering on the pitch this season IMO, and because of TRASH around him
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:24 am

I'd probably go for Reina as he is the only one that isn't perpforming at a lower level than last year.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 am

Outfield mate outfield. Also NGOg is performing at a better level than last year.  :rasp
Last edited by tubby on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:24 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:
fivecups wrote:Interesting to see Stevie hasn't got a single vote. In fact, I'd say if there was a poll for the player who was playing furthest below expectation he'd win hands down. What is going on with him, his loss of form has probably contributed to our downturn as much as anything else.

he's playing out of position in a team with no creative talent to support him, he gets no service and isnt in a position where he can go and the ball for himself. EVERY time he has gone into centre midfield he has been our best player, and the team looks better, but why play him there when weve got Lucas who is super duper world class,plays for Brazil, works hard, plus he's really improved since he cut his hair and is the most consistent player in world football

:laugh:

Anyway, it's sad to see average players at the top of the poll just shows you our standing in the league except for Masch of course.
shawnk

Postby DrPepe » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Grade A Trash ?!?! Im guessing this is the new age of support now when we are calling our own players trash ?!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ we all get it your the worlds greatest supporter. Listen were not sitting in the stands right now, so what i call a player isnt effecting anyone. I was explaining why Gerrard is suffering on the pitch this season IMO, and because of TRASH around him

Letting gerrard off the hook a bit there?

Even considering the teams poor overall performance, a return of 5?  goals for SG this season plus his evident disinterest at  times is pretty galling tbh

I don't give too muuch credence to the poor excuse of a "falling out" or "something wrong" within the squad/rafa,  it might be expected to affect the form of some players, but SG is club captain it is his job to help drive and motivate  the team on+off the pitch and he needs to do a lot better
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:
fivecups wrote:Interesting to see Stevie hasn't got a single vote. In fact, I'd say if there was a poll for the player who was playing furthest below expectation he'd win hands down. What is going on with him, his loss of form has probably contributed to our downturn as much as anything else.

IMO Rafa is what is going on with him and also to a big extent Torres. there is something not right in the squad, hasn't been all season, although I of course cannot prove that in any way, it is just my impression and opinion.

:D  :laugh:  :D Rafa injured Gerrard and Torres. Cos that all that's been wrong with them .

So is Stevie injured at the moment then?
heimdall

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:32 pm

I've gone for Yossi, he wants to play for us, and when hes fit and when Rafa actually plays him he's the best we got at the moment
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion