Whose been our best outfield player this season? - I think opinion's will be split on this

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Whose been our best outfield player this season? - I think opinion's will be split on this

Glen Johnson
4%
Jamie Carragher
3%
Emiliano Insua
1%
Dirk Kuyt
19%
Lucas Leiva
19%
Javier Mascherano
32%
Yossi Benayoun
8%
Steven Gerrard
4%
David Ngog
No votes
Fernando Torres
10%

Total votes : 73

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Fauxy wrote:I wouldnt say Lucas has been our best player tbh... he has improved the most and has had the best attitude though

Better attitude than Kuyt?? I can only assume you and Goggles are taking the p1ss. Lucas best player, wtf??? Ok ok I respect your views but  :Oo:

For me it's Kuyt and that is part of the reason why we have been so awful this season.  :down:
heimdall

Postby Fauxy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 pm

heimdall wrote:
Fauxy wrote:I wouldnt say Lucas has been our best player tbh... he has improved the most and has had the best attitude though

Better attitude than Kuyt?? I can only assume you and Goggles are taking the p1ss. Lucas best player, wtf??? Ok ok I respect your views but  :Oo:

For me it's Kuyt and that is part of the reason why we have been so awful this season.  :down:

Mate read the first nine words of my last post  ???

And the reason i think Lucas has had a better attitude than Kuyt is because he has been getting a lot of stick over the years and has been on and off the bench yet hes never complained and always put in just as much effort as Kuyt.
Fauxy

Postby fivecups » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Interesting to see Stevie hasn't got a single vote. In fact, I'd say if there was a poll for the player who was playing furthest below expectation he'd win hands down. What is going on with him, his loss of form has probably contributed to our downturn as much as anything else.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Fauxy wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Mate read the first nine words of my last post  ???

And the reason i think Lucas has had a better attitude than Kuyt is because he has been getting a lot of stick over the years and has been on and off the bench yet hes never complained and always put in just as much effort as Kuyt.

Apologies, but even saying improved seems weird to me.  :D

BTW Seems to me Lucas has been starting the majority of games for us lately so don't understand your comment there.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

fivecups wrote:Interesting to see Stevie hasn't got a single vote. In fact, I'd say if there was a poll for the player who was playing furthest below expectation he'd win hands down. What is going on with him, his loss of form has probably contributed to our downturn as much as anything else.

IMO Rafa is what is going on with him and also to a big extent Torres. there is something not right in the squad, hasn't been all season, although I of course cannot prove that in any way, it is just my impression and opinion.
heimdall

Postby DrPepe » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:54 pm

heimdall wrote:
fivecups wrote:Interesting to see Stevie hasn't got a single vote. In fact, I'd say if there was a poll for the player who was playing furthest below expectation he'd win hands down. What is going on with him, his loss of form has probably contributed to our downturn as much as anything else.

IMO Rafa is what is going on with him and also to a big extent Torres. there is something not right in the squad, hasn't been all season, although I of course cannot prove that in any way, it is just my impression and opinion.

perhaps he's still affected by the 7 month period last year where he was pretty close to being convicted for occasioning actual bodily harm and affray   :Oo:

i imagine that has a more profound influence on a person than being a bit miffed about your boss  (a fairly common feeling amongst the working population , i'd imagine) ???
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:55 pm

heimdall wrote:

:D  :laugh:  :D Rafa injured Gerrard and Torres. Cos that all that's been wrong with them .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:

:D  :laugh:  :D Rafa injured Gerrard and Torres. Cos that all that's been wrong with them .

Surely you knew how Rafa was responsible for all Liverpool's shortcomings Igor ,just listen to the voices there are so many ..... there's Disillusioned from Derby ,Bemused from Birmingham ,Annoyed from Anglesey,and Fed up from Fulham and they are threatening to leave the Liverpool page on their 2010 Panini  sticker album empty as way of showing their disappointment about the whole scenario

Ps there is also a couple I've got on ignore     :alien:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:06 pm

I honestly think he is on his way out.I reckon something had defo happened between him and Rafa and he is looking for glory with England rather than get us to scrape in with 4th and save the manager.

I'm sure we will find the true extent of their relationship when Rafa or Stevie leave the club
roberto green

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:37 pm

for me has to be mascherano cause on many occasions he has produced 8/10 performances

lucas has been like 7/10 most of the season, not really doing alot wrong in his water carrier role

mascherano wins
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:57 pm

roberto green wrote:

I honestly think he is on his way out.I reckon something had defo happened between him and Rafa and he is looking for glory with England rather than get us to scrape in with 4th and save the manager.

I'm sure we will find the true extent of their relationship when Rafa or Stevie leave the club

I'd be surprised if he doesn't seriously consider a move this summer. I think the realisation that he's not going to win the league with Liverpool is setting in, and he's aware he's only got a couple of years left at the top level. So I think that resignation is part of the problem.

Obviously he's been injured for part of the season, he's missed Alonso and Torres and some of his team mates aren't good enough. I'm not so sure about the court case, I think he always knew he was going to get off. It's certainly possible that his relationship with Rafa has played a part as well. No question that his loss of form has been relevant to our poor season though.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Interesting that 2 out of our 3 most voted for players in this poll are Kuyt and Lucas - arguably our 2 most criticised players also.

Personally I went for Mascherano, I think once he settled down again (after being unsettled by the Barcelona speculation last summer) he has been excellent.  If the poll wasn't just for outfield players, then Reina would have won it by a mile though, he has been superb this season.  Mind you the defence was so poor in early season he got plenty of practice!

I think Insua is the most improved this season.  Looked more than dodgy in early season but has improved immensely.  His lack of pace will prevent him ever being a top class full back imo, but he can be a good player for us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Great poll this, I'm lovin' it.

The most votes go to the argie little runt who tried to demand a move to Barcelona and played like a complete tw@t until the manager read him the riot act some time in october/november, which might even have been agreement for him to leave at the end of the season.

The second most votes goes to the player most of you love to hate as a negative, brainless incompetent (is he even Brazilian) who 'rarely even passes sideways never mind forward',

and third place goes to our Dirky, the other object of Global Abuse.

So a two faced argie, an incompetent white Brazo and Donkey Features.

Jeez you lot are difficult to please. :O
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Well those who voted for Masch are correct not to account for off-the-pitch judgments since the poll is intended to gauge our players' performances on the pitch.   ???
LFC2007

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:45 pm

he's playing out of position in a team with no creative talent to support him, he gets no service and isnt in a position where he can go and the ball for himself. EVERY time he has gone into centre midfield he has been our best player, and the team looks better, but why play him there when weve got Lucas who is super duper world class,plays for Brazil, works hard, plus he's really improved since he cut his hair and is the most consistent player in world football
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion