Whoever is next boss - We must be more positive

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:05 pm

it has to be said that we are playing some of the most boring football i have ever seen at the moment and this has to be down to the manager. nobody in the side has the creativity which we need to really push on to that next level. stevie g's body language yesterday said it all. he looked like he was thinking "somebody help me". at the moment the guy's in danger of burning out, to the detriment of england in the summer. having seen fulham last night i am CONVINCED that we need malbranque. the guy is quality.

it's not that we don't have attack minded players, i just think foolier has a safety first policy, even at home. we always seem to think one goal is enough. there was a distinct more attacking style at the beginning of the season, noticeably against spurs, everton and particularly arsenal (when we we superb for half an hour and should have been 4-0 up). however frailties at the back made houllier to go back to his conservative ways again. the more attacking style tried and failed so to speak. houllier can't be attack minded, just like keegan can't be defensive.

this is why a new man needs to be brought in to get the best out of players such as kewell and diouf, who on form (and played in position) could set the premier league on fire. mourihno will go to madrid i think so it's take your pick from a very small shortlist. but whoeber it is, please take us back to playing exciting attacking football.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion