Who would you buy from chelsea - Mouriniho wants a small squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby simic_ie » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:47 pm

Would you by an injured player tho... even if yo knew he was class???
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:54 pm

stmichael wrote:can you seriously see mourihno playing joe cole when they have lampard, makelele, parker, geremi? mourihno will probably bring in deco and costinha aswell. he's a bit part player for chelsea, nothing else.

I havent come into assumption those players are brought in. If they are, points definitely taken
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:49 pm

Would you all like to sign Scott Parker or not?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:57 pm

scott parker was the answer to our central midfield problems when he became available. he was just what we needed, a creative player who scores goals and can also put his foot in. it amazes me that we never made an enquiry because he was never going to be a regular at chelsea. he only moved there for the money and to improve his international prospects.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby banana » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:51 pm

Please stop this Cole nonsense. He is a carbon copy of a young Danny Murphy and will go nowhere. I'd take Bridge and Duff. Thats it. The rest are a bunch of overpaid wimps.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby nebing1986 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:19 pm

As for me... I will take Wayne Bridge and Damien Duff... Lampard is quite out of this topic cause I think the club can't support his high salary... In fact, who knows that he will lose his form next season? This is the only season that he perform well...  What about the next one? And please do remember, he's not happy at Chelsea right now because of his salary problem... Can Liverpool aford to buy a player like him? As for Wayne Bridge..., I think that he can improve the squad's defends and some how improve the attacks as well cause he can support the midfield players in thier attack and defend very well when needed... A player who can help both our attack and defend...why not? As for Damien Duff... I think he is a great left winger, quite young and he can also play as a striker too... If he come to Liverpool... He, Gerrard, Kewell and Hamann will be the first choice midfielders of the squad... Then our squad will do better in attack and defend cause we have two word class attacking midfielders and two word class defensive midfielders.
You'll Never Walk Alone
nebing1986

Postby walshst » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:21 pm

Duff, Lampard, Gallas And Cole are the only players I'd take from Chelsea. A midfield parternship of Lampard and Gerrard with Kewell and Duff on the wings would be magic! We could play cole as one of the front two, one of the two in the middle, as a winger or as a super sub.

It would be great!
walshst

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:38 pm

Ever wonder if Maurinho are keen to trim his squad (Lampard, Duff et al) but might want Gerrard instead?

I don't look forward to that but with Roman's cash, anything could happen. Football is a business afterall.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BoogiePimp » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:15 pm

If they are not good enough for chelsea then I dont think they should be good enough for Liverpool :)
BoogiePimp

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:56 pm

Are Benitez's footballing principles really what we need ? as ive been reading certain quotes he's made in the past and i cant help having reservations ,basically the gist is this' Benitez has stated more than once in the Spanish media that his philosophy is the least number of passes that lead to a goal are in his view the most pleasing ,and he has often been lambasted by the press for his less adventurous style of football. It is also true Valencia's current brand of football would be more suited to Serie A ,but i will reserve judgement until ive witnessed them when the season gets under way,there is no doubt Benitez's teams play to win and defensively they are rigid but have never been popular with the press and sports analysts ,anyone else share my views ?
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby nebing1986 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:48 am

cheesecakery wrote:Are Benitez's footballing principles really what we need ? as ive been reading certain quotes he's made in the past and i cant help having reservations ,basically the gist is this' Benitez has stated more than once in the Spanish media that his philosophy is the least number of passes that lead to a goal are in his view the most pleasing ,and he has often been lambasted by the press for his less adventurous style of football. It is also true Valencia's current brand of football would be more suited to Serie A ,but i will reserve judgement until ive witnessed them when the season gets under way,there is no doubt Benitez's teams play to win and defensively they are rigid but have never been popular with the press and sports analysts ,anyone else share my views ?

Well, I'm quite agree with what you had said... Benitez's team will play defensively... And I think that might help our team a little bit cause last season, we had consist too many goals... I don't care whether we win 1-0 or 2-1 or 2-0... But as long as the team wins and not giving away lots of goal...I'm quite happy. Look at Real Madrid for example... They have great fire power but weak fire wall... What happened to them? They're in the 4th place last season! That's why now I prefer Liverpool to play more like an Italian club... Defend first...then attack!
You'll Never Walk Alone
nebing1986

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:27 am

If anything, i'd like to see our team defend first.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:32 am

cheesecakery wrote:Are Benitez's footballing principles really what we need ? as ive been reading certain quotes he's made in the past and i cant help having reservations ,basically the gist is this' Benitez has stated more than once in the Spanish media that his philosophy is the least number of passes that lead to a goal are in his view the most pleasing ,and he has often been lambasted by the press for his less adventurous style of football. It is also true Valencia's current brand of football would be more suited to Serie A ,but i will reserve judgement until ive witnessed them when the season gets under way,there is no doubt Benitez's teams play to win and defensively they are rigid but have never been popular with the press and sports analysts ,anyone else share my views ?

It can't be you for such pointful post  ???
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:15 am

The sentenses are too long for the little fragmented cheese brain to compute.  :D  Surely it can't be him.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:47 am

I think good football starts from defence and works up to the offence. Serie A plays exciting football as well. I personally like to think both exciting football or boring football is good football when your team wins. Liverpool won a match against Barca with footbore, I am very happy with that.
At the end of the season winning is all that matters.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion