Who the fans want as manager? - Make your choice!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ciaran1892 » Mon May 24, 2004 12:01 am

I strongly believe houllier will be sacked by the end of the week! IM really curious to actually see who the fans would choose as the next manager? So if the board came 2 u and asked u who wud u say?
ciaran1892

Postby edwardo » Mon May 24, 2004 12:34 am

no one has mentioned phil thompson in any of this, curbishley should be given a chance whith thommo as number 2, or gordon ramsay might get a result!
edwardo

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon May 24, 2004 4:54 am

As long as not McLaren.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon May 24, 2004 10:21 am

What about Big Ron!!

nah, f@ck him!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon May 24, 2004 10:40 am

edwardo wrote:no one has mentioned phil thompson in any of this, curbishley should be given a chance whith thommo as number 2, or gordon ramsay might get a result!

Are you having a laff?

Alan Curbishley is not good enough to manage Liverpool, I know he is a good manager but has he won anything at Charlton for last 10 years?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon May 24, 2004 10:53 am

It is surprising to me that of all the so-called favourites mentioned by the press - Benitez, Maurinho, Curbishley and Strachan - there is no mention of O'Neill. While he did not achieve much at before mopving to Celtic, he has done wonders at Celtic with the limited players and budget they have and still managed to have a good run in the Champoins' League and managed to last longer than we did in the UEFA Cup for 2 years in succession, including beating Liverpool at Anfield.

My personal choice is between O'Neill and Benitez. Look at how Valencia plays, very compact defending and swift attacks. I only have some doubts about his ability to adapt to the Premiership. I am sure O'Neill will adapt better as he is British and managing a British team, but compared to Benitez, his European achievement is lesser.

I know that some of the present fans who participate in these threads are not impressed by O'Neill but before coming to Liverpool, Houllier did not achieve much either.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Mon May 24, 2004 11:13 am

O'neil wont come mate. He'll stay at Celtic. My money's on Curbs or benitez.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon May 24, 2004 11:17 am

I would be very surprised if O'Neill got the job at Anfield and I heard his contract at Celtic is running out this week, and I havn't heard that O'Neill hasn't been offered a new contract.

I would not have Alan Curbishley, no way. Not sure about Rafael Benitez. The right man for the job are Jose Mourinho and Martin O'Neill, it would be shame that if we don't have Martin O'Neill to replace GH.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon May 24, 2004 11:18 am

Mouriniho or O'Neill, not to fussed which one
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 24, 2004 11:18 am

I'd like the Vanlentia  manager, I would like O'neill to stay at Celtic as I am also a Celtic fan.

No way to Strachan - got relegated
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Mon May 24, 2004 11:19 am

I read that the board don't want O'neil. Something about him bringing his own back room staff and the club don't want wholesale changes.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon May 24, 2004 11:25 am

ckay wrote:I read that the board don't want O'neil. Something about him bringing his own back room staff and the club don't want wholesale changes.

Where you get that information from?

Martin O'Neill's backroom staffs are fantastic, I would bring them to Anfield, it's need to change. It's about time.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon May 24, 2004 11:25 am

I am OK with Maurinho, the only thing is the way Porto players more often than not cheat or dive or do some form of gamesmanship. If the team tend to do that on a regular basis, surely the coach has some way condoned it, if he did not advocate it.

I do admire what he has done at Porto with the budget that he has and that he started as a translator to Sir Bobby Robson will mean that he is English proficient but Liverpool players are not divers or cheats, at least not as blatantly as the Porto players. It was enjoyable to watch them do that to mancs, but do we want to be associated with that kind of image? Winning at all costs?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon May 24, 2004 11:27 am

So, you think Mourinho teach them to how to be cheat + dive not playing football then?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Mon May 24, 2004 11:33 am

Stan Laurel wrote:
ckay wrote:I read that the board don't want O'neil. Something about him bringing his own back room staff and the club don't want wholesale changes.

Where you get that information from?

Martin O'Neill's backroom staffs are fantastic, I would bring them to Anfield, it's need to change. It's about time.

It was in ( and I'm ashamed I spotted it ) the SUN.

Valencia chief Rafael Benitez and Celtic manager Martin O'Neill have also been linked to the hotseat. But Benitez is on the brink of being offered a new lucrative two-year deal to stay at the Spanish outfit, while the Liverpool board are not keen on O'Neill.

The Ulsterman would want to bring in his own men from Parkhead and that does not rest easy with Anfield chief executive Rick Parry, who is opposed to wholesale backroom changes.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion