Who should we bomb out? - Several players have not impressed......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kop Kid » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:35 pm

Just a little thread for everyone to have a think about.

With about 13 games or so to go, we have seen a lot of Rafa's revolution.  The boss has given everyone a chance and i expect players to come and go this summer as a result of their performances this season. 

Who do you think rafa should bomb out unless they pull themselves together and prove they are right for the job with consistant performances.

I'd say these have failed, no matter how well they perform in the last 13 games or so;

Traore (never feal comfortable with him, Madrid/the scum/AC Milan/wivenhoe town would'nt even want him)
Biscan (first start in prem last week says it all)
Dudek (hmmmm)
Kirkland (anyone know who this guy is, although i met his twin down A&E last month)
Mellor (Done v well but not prem class)
Pongolle (Prob deserves to stay as he has worked hard, but would like to see at least two new strikers in in summer)
Kewell (new manager, fresh start, but not in Kewell's case)
Hamann (Maybe a little harsh, but he's no Keane or Vieira)
Kop Kid

Postby Nando » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:57 pm

most of these players have improved with the exception of kewell and the 2 keepers, pongolle is beginning to look more accomoplished and how badly have we needed a super sub figure down the years, someone we could turn to just when we need him most, baros now has someone to take the scoring responsiblities off his shoulders and he will be able to relax more, hamann, hes no keane or vieria agreed, but isnt gerrard out main midfielder to compete with them 2? so wudnt hamann be seen more as a rival to the gilberto silvas and fletchers of this world?
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:59 pm

just get behind every player from now until the end of the season. given the injuries we've had every single player is a vital part of the squad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:58 pm

Hamann is a great shield in the midfield however due to his age we will have to sell him sooner or later but you can't sell him unless you got somebody good to replace him. Alonso and Gerrard[assuming that he stays] are great but we need more than two central midfielders because as we all know with our injuries we won't survive with just two.

Pongolle was on fire before getting injured and it would be foolish to sell such talent, I would keep him.

I would not sell Kewell just yet as he was improving before he got injured this season, I believe he can still get back to his form if giving the chance.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby coolsobs » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:21 pm

Pongolle never really impressed me, in my opinion he doesn't have the strength or the height for the prepiership as he gets pushed down really easily
coolsobs

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:26 pm

His performance in the Champions League against Olympiakos didn't impress you? 

I don't know what player you've been watching but it sure isn't Pongolle. In the past few games he's played in he has made a difference on the pitch.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:36 am

What about Josemi and Nunez? Josemi can be improved if he can improvise on positioning and closing down opponents to overcome his lack of ability to effectively schakle fast wingers in an outright fight.

Nunez has not been impressive at all. Garcia shows flashes of his talents but need more than that and more consistency. Other than that, it is the usual suspects - Biscan, Traore (he has shown some improvements) - and Dudek for spilling in soft goals far too often.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:49 am

I think before we bomb out ... we need to buy players first .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:12 am

Dudek, Carson, Kirkland, Traore, Riise, Carragher, Hyypia, Pellegrino, Josemi, Finnan, Warnock, Kewell, Biscan, Hamann, Gerrard, Alonso, Nunez, Garcia, Baros, Mellor, FSP, Morientes, Cisse, Smicer, le Tallec. Plus; Diouf and Diao and any others that I have forgotten. They have all shown promise, they have all shown some degree of weakness. All I want is for them to perform in a possitive manner as a team. When it comes to the sumer, I'm sure that some will leave, and others will join. But that's for then. Now is a different manner...
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:34 am

I think RB should sell the "older players" like Hamman (2m), Hypia (2m), Dudek (2m) and the sell also one that not performing like Kewell(4.5m), Smicer(1m), Traore(1m), Biscan(3m), Diouf(5m) and Diao(3m).  With this money, we can buy better player.

RB also should let others players like le Tallec, Diarra, Mellor, Carl Medjani and Bruno Cheyrou to prove themselves that they given an opportunity to play for Liverpool. Some of these players they are outstanding like Diarra, I believed he could replace Hamman and Hypia. And Tallec, he’s good.

And last things, some our reserves, they are international players (U21). That means they are good footballers and should also given an opportunity to play like David Raven, John Welsh, Stephen Warnock and Richie Partridge. I think John Welsh could be the next SG and David Raven , he’s good .

I remember about 10 years ago, when MAN U produces David Beckham, Nikki Butt, Paul Scolces, Gary and Neville. After 2-3 season.. MAN U becomes the greatest club in the world. Look the Arsenal now, I mean their reserves starting from Gael Clichy, Philippe Senderos, Emmanuel Eboue, Francesc Fabregas, Mathieu Flamini, Kolo Toure, Robin Van Persie and Jeremie Aliadiere. I think if this season they can’t win the PL . Next season they can . But I still want my Liverpool to win , but again to sad to said that we are 5 years behind them .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Redtribe » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:04 am

coolsobs wrote:Pongolle never really impressed me, in my opinion he doesn't have the strength or the height for the prepiership as he gets pushed down really easily

Yep agree he is 1 cm shorter then owen get rid of him!!!
What a stupid thing to say!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:43 am

:p
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:17 pm

id say... well i dunno, i like our players. i like smicer and biscan and people like that. Lets try to get some money for Diouff and Diao and take it from there yeah?
Possibly Mellor will have to go (sorry, gerat home grown talent but we got baros, cisse, morientez and pongolle, the line keeps growing)
Not time for Sami to go yet by far. and sell Hamman? Madness.
Id like to keep the ones we have, buy some mroe, go from there
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:40 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I think RB should sell the "older players" like Hamman (2m), Hypia (2m), Dudek (2m) and the sell also one that not performing like Kewell(4.5m), Smicer(1m), Traore(1m), Biscan(3m), Diouf(5m) and Diao(3m).  With this money, we can buy better player.

RB also should let others players like le Tallec, Diarra, Mellor, Carl Medjani and Bruno Cheyrou to prove themselves that they given an opportunity to play for Liverpool. Some of these players they are outstanding like Diarra, I believed he could replace Hamman and Hypia. And Tallec, he’s good.

And last things, some our reserves, they are international players (U21). That means they are good footballers and should also given an opportunity to play like David Raven, John Welsh, Stephen Warnock and Richie Partridge. I think John Welsh could be the next SG and David Raven , he’s good .

I remember about 10 years ago, when MAN U produces David Beckham, Nikki Butt, Paul Scolces, Gary and Neville. After 2-3 season.. MAN U becomes the greatest club in the world. Look the Arsenal now, I mean their reserves starting from Gael Clichy, Philippe Senderos, Emmanuel Eboue, Francesc Fabregas, Mathieu Flamini, Kolo Toure, Robin Van Persie and Jeremie Aliadiere. I think if this season they can’t win the PL . Next season they can . But I still want my Liverpool to win , but again to sad to said that we are 5 years behind them .

thats good that, sell 9 players and buy 1, ****** g0bsh1te

i think rafa is doing exceptionally well with the group of players houllier left him and taking on board the injuries sustained throughout the season

think it might be a few years before we can compete for the title, as for the older players and the ****** ones, i think kewell was looking impressive before his injury, he was starting to come good.
109-1105722616

Postby Redtribe » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:01 pm

Sell Diao for sure and diouf if at all possible, vignal is another at the club that is loaned and can be let go! Diarra and Cherou both need to be either given a go or got rid of! I big pet hate of mine is the loaning of so many players!
Traore will never make the grade i feel, and would really like to see a new left back come in! Right back i think We have some good youngster to cover for finnan and would think Semi is a very bright prospect for that position! Centre back maybe it is time for Sami to go we may get some money for him and we can bring in maybe mexes, again i would put faith in youth to serve as cover Whitbread seems another promise and being brought up by Pelligrino in the reserves will be a good learning curve!
Hamann i would probably listen to offers for although still valuable to the squad another season or so and will get no return from him so maybe look at selling him on and trying to get someone like scott parker or a younger defensive midfielder with potential and qualities we need!
I think John Welsh deserves to be promoted to 1st team cover and sorry to say I would like to wave good bye to Biscan!
Wingers are a concern, as much as Harry fails to consistently sparkle I would keep him as hopefully after his recent lay off he will come back into some sort of form! As for Nunez I like his positioning it gives the team much more width and has good touch! Whether or not he is the real deal as a flying winger he deserves more time! So basically there are question marks over both wingers!
Strikers are looking good once we have cisse back! Morientes, Baros, Cisse, with Pongolle and Le Tellec waiting in the wings is a good thing! Maybe Mellor will be kept on for the new Uefa rules coming in!
For goalkeepers I think Jerzey has consistently proved to be inconsistent so hopefully a new man will take the place between those white sticks, in Kirkland and Carson we have to very good prospects lets hope Kirkland can mange a season without injury next year!

Anyway this is all well and good but the most important thing is to keep supporting our team now, and keep giving Rafa the backing he needs! Whoever is wearing that red shirt for us this weekend has my 100% support!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion