Who said what about ciise ? - He scores...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:33 am

A.B. wrote:One game does not make a player. The performance hasn't changed my opinion on him as a player. He's still a limited player who lacks many attributes that he should have at his age.

Whilst he scored a good goal, through out the game he still wasn't using his head when he was in front of goal. Most of the times he chose power instead of accuracy. Hitting the ball 300 mph doesn't guarantee a goal, you need a bit of accuracy.

It takes him 15 chances to score, and right now Crouch and Morientes seem that they will score more likely than he will. Yes he is close to scoring 20 goals but take into consideration the goals he scored earlier in the season were against piss poor opposition.

If he wants a future at this club then he has to start playing well week in and week out.

Actually, it doesnt take hime fifteen chances to score - he's on 14 goals from 44 shots (nearly 1 in 3) according to ESPN with (surprisingly) 21 out of 44 on target. Yes that is in all comps and does include goals for France against Hungary and Costa Rica (neither are exactly push overs). If you exclude his goals against TNS and CSKA Sofia the rest have come against reasonably good or at least EPL opposition (Anderlecht, CSKA Moscow, Birmingham, Blackburn, Portsmouth  and  the incredibly cr@p Everton)

Just to be agumentative and to raise a point that just occurred to me: Crouch's return is 6 goals from 44 shots with 17 on target.  He is also credited by ESPN as having 2 assists.  So what is more valuable, the additional 8 goals Cisse has scored or the 2 assists that Crouch has made?
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:33 am

geez! after 1 goal and all of you giving him a god status?

Huh?one goal ?? are you mad?? He already score more than 10 goals for us.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:16 am

Most of them coming from poor opposition and considering current form, Peter Crouch and Morientes is way better then Cisse, apart from that one goal against Everton.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:20 am

A.B. wrote:One game does not make a player. The performance hasn't changed my opinion on him as a player. He's still a limited player who lacks many attributes that he should have at his age.

I couldnt agree more, i like Cisse but he is a completely different player than Morientes and Crouch (strikers actually bourght by Rafa) and i believe that Cisse is not the type of player that Rafa wants.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:56 am

With the fact that Peter Crouch is back scoring regularly again and that Fernando Morientes has impressed lately, it will be difficult for Cissé to start games. Morientes's game is bringing another dimension to liverpool's style of play. He is very good technically, but Cissé depends too much on his speed.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:58 am

Whilst he scored a good goal, through out the game he still wasn't using his head when he was in front of goal. Most of the times he chose power instead of accuracy. Hitting the ball 300 mph doesn't guarantee a goal, you need a bit of accuracy.

It takes him 15 chances to score, and right now Crouch and Morientes seem that they will score more likely than he will. Yes he is close to scoring 20 goals but take into consideration the goals he scored earlier in the season were against piss poor opposition.

If he wants a future at this club then he has to start playing well week in and week out.

Im not claiming him to be a good player after one game not at all but he still has scored more goals than both our other strikers, and has hardly played.

He maybe a limited player but at the moment he is a striker of different qualities to those we already have , pace and power are not either nandos or Crouchies main strenghts.

If you or any other Liverpool fan can give Nando the time and be patient with him I think you should at least do the same with Cisse.
Im not saying he is gonna be a great player or anything but for the moment he is different.

I would also go as far as to say if he were in the Liverpool team regulary and was Rafas flavour of the month and got on well with him , I bet there wouldnt be half as many turncoats critising Cisse at every oppotunity .
66-1112520797

Postby DAV » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:06 am

Is playing well more important than scoring? ????
Some on here seem to think so
Cisse can and does score about once every 3 games
As for Morientes he has the talent plays well but his scoring stats are shocking
Fancy play dosen't win games
goals do
just remember that cisse bashers
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:27 am

I don't mean to bash you, TheoRacle, but stats only says "goals per shots made" without differenciating if the shots made were directly in front of goal or at an acute angle etc.

Cisse misses sitters with clearer chances/angles at scoring many more times than Crouch. Morro is not far behind Cisse. Cisse has the pace to outrun the opposition but his ahooting, while powerful, the accuracy can range between spot on and bloody awful, without falling in between. He is a lousy marksman because his accuracy really s :censored:s for a guy who is supposed to be the main striker. His main problems are poor first touch and inconsistency in aiming.

Owen can score much more with much less attempts, be it acute angles, clear shots etc.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:37 am

[quote]Cisse misses sitters with clearer chances/angles at scoring many more times than Crouch

Does this not mean Cisse is at least getting into the scoring positions where as crouch and morientes are not
so going by what u said and stats.
Cisse scores more, gets into more scoring positions so with more games he would be an all round better player

???? ????
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:49 pm

The reason Crouch and Morientes bring much more to the team is because they are more efficient to the team when we go forward. Cisse is improving on his link up play, but Crouch and Morientes create chances for others to score where Cisse doesn't do enough of that.

Scoring goals is important, but if that was primary to Benitez, he wouldn't had bought Crouch.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:59 pm

ive always liked cisse, go back to any topic on cisse to see (and theres about 20)
the guy can score, thats never been in doubt, but as A.B elequently put it its the link up play which is the problem, or was the problem as we are starting to see.

The thing with liverpool at the moment is the teamwork, everyone seems to want everyone to score, and that can only be of benefit to the team. The whole squad seemto be getting on well, cisse included, and all of this can only make liverpool stronger
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:01 pm

With Morientes injured for the next couple of matches and the next game being a very winnable WBA at home i would hope that Cisse gets a second start in a row alongside Crouch.

I am still yet to be convinced but that game is ideal really, they linked up pretty well together against Everton and Saprissa and deserve another chance.

I dont think they will get the same space against a side like West Brom though, Saprissa stood off so much and i was surprised at how much Everton did the same the other night.

Bottom line is though if he plays against the baggies would anyone bet against him scoring.....

I wouldnt.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:03 pm

He is inconsistant, thats my problem with him.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby seani.g » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:51 pm

It's still early days! Lets not forget that he started ok last season and then had that horrific leg break. He looked ok ,at best, at the end of last season. This season he's not had that many opportunities so it is still early days and the jury is still out.
The goal against Everton was a top class finish! It shows potential and he is still learning the English game. We need to keep him, and he needs to have the positive attitude.
He may get used more in Europe.
He wants a world cup place so is in a difficult position as he is not getting enough football. There is a long way to go this season but a short time till the transfer window.
I think that he will go because he will believe that he needs to go to have a chance of going to Germany!?
seani.g

Postby zarababe » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:42 am

Cisse needs to fit in with the Boss' ethic of  hard work for the team mentality, which he expects from ALL his players.

My only problem with him has been his attitude, his looks and reactions to being substituted including those hard stares towards the Boss, are not acceptable and he must respect the decisions of the Manager.. the other night he proved his worth, he also realises that the 'Rafalution' is well on its way and wants to be a part of it, any footballer who wants success would want to be, wouldn't they  ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion