Who said what about ciise ? - He scores...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:16 pm

Cisse's certainly earned a starting place in the next match though on the back of the goal and his workrate.

For me, Morientes is the more inconsistent of the two at the moment, and if Cisse is blowing hot at the minute, we should definitely try and capitalise.
ivor_the_injun

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:21 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
dawson99 wrote:i watched the game last night with some gooner mates and they were saying how many similarities there are between cisse and henry. Theres something about the way a french striker finishes with a deft touch that only a few possess and cisse is one of the few

The finish he produced for his goal was certainly Henry-esque.

But the similarity imo ends there, Henry is a million miles the better player, in virtually every department.

Did you and the gooners have one too many ? :D

maybe just one or two too many
im not saying cisse is as good, but hes better than what hes been showing us in the past, and now hes starting to show what he can do

im hungover
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:28 pm

What is the point of your title of this thread, is it to make people eat humble pie cos he scored a goal, if thats the case then i will be eating fu*k all of it because im no way convinced that cisse will be anymore than a lazty striker with pace, he got a goal yes and thank fu*k for that but his all round game was poor yet again.

As for similarities between him and Henry, there is fuc* all that is aload of sh!te, id compare him more with vassell, pace and nothing much else, where as Henry has everything, you might as well be comparing Cisse with Darren Campbell instead.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:33 pm

I agree that CIsse is a good player, but remember, he has problems to admit not being in the starting eleven regularly, Morientes though, hasn't complained.

I think we should keep the 3. Rafa is rotating, you cannot say wether LG or MOrientes are regulars in the starting eleven, one day he can use sissoko, another day Rafa uses Gerrard in the middle.

I think Rafa is applying the rotations superbly. What I don't know is wether Cisse accepts that fact or not.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:42 pm

Im not saying whether or not he is good enough , but he does give us something different upfront at  the moment plus he has scored more goals than any of our strikers and hasnt had too much playing time to go with it.

I think it maybe his attitude is getting in the way somewhat and Rafa doesnt like "the big I am " , see Baros now at Villa.
66-1112520797

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:44 pm

no no no garymac, say what u think mate, dont mince your words...lol

cisse hasnt been given the opportunities other strikers have and he still scores. Also, i think he played well last night, hes being a lot less selfish and is looking a great addition to the team (but ive always liked the guy as a player)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:47 pm

RedorDead wrote:He has pace, skill and can finish as well as anyone...the problem is.. He works hard and has a pretty good work ethic..

umm...not sure whether you are watching the same player as me. the only thing i agree with you is that he's got pace... but good work ethic? hardly so i guess. and his finishing is honestly, quite terrible and half of the time he can't beat a keeper when one-on-one.
GunGod

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:53 pm

but the otehr half a time he can, so thats not bad odds for a striker. he hasnt been given the chance, maybe it was his work ethic or a problem with rafa but it seems to be sorted out now so lets give the guy a chance yeah?

rememebr only last year he almost lost a leg playing for us, then he scored a wining penalty in the champs league final. he deserves at least another chance
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:33 pm

Very well taken goal from Cisse last night, his touch was better and he actually looked like he was working hard for the team.  Nothing wrong with giving the lad a bit of praise for that.

However this doesn't disguise the fact that we massively overpaid for a player who has pace and not much else.  No composure, usually lazy, poor link-up play and absolutely no awareness of the players around him.  Lump on top of this the fact that Benitez clearly doesn't rate him long term.  We have to use all our players in the squad with all these games coming up which is why Cisse got a start yesterday, but I'm sure he'll be back on the bench for the next game.

He can be a dangerous player when on form but basically  he isn't good enough in my opinion.  Should he go on to score another 10-15 goals this season I still think Benitez will sell him in the summer and bring in someone else.  In the meantime he still has a role to play for us this season, and if he plays like he did last night when he gets a chance then I'll not be complaining about him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:19 pm

dawson99 wrote:no no no garymac, say what u think mate, dont mince your words...lol

cisse hasnt been given the opportunities other strikers have and he still scores. Also, i think he played well last night, hes being a lot less selfish and is looking a great addition to the team (but ive always liked the guy as a player)

Dawson im in a weird arguing mood today, those cu*ts got me back up last night and its been like that since.

Thats my p!ssed off opinion but in honesty, you cant argue with his scoring record.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:26 pm

well when he plays he scores, cant argue with that eitehr really
(im always in an arguing mood)

:p
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:18 am

The stats are what co :censored: and he remains our top scoring striker. Everyones happy about Crouch scoring on a regular basis now and we all know Morientes is a world class proven striker but Cisse looks like our most dangerous striker with his pace. Last nights goals for him was a summary of how far Liverpool have come. Before he used to strike it wide or run the ball out but last nights goals was without doubt one of the best goals hes scored for us yet. He promised 20 at the start of the season and hes over half way to delivering that number and i for one am backing him to get 20+ this season. He linked up well with the other player last night and call me crazy but that goal had Henry written all over it. I couldnt be happier for the guy. He wants to stay at Liverpool amd like Rafa says he gives the team some different qualities. After all you need some variation to deal with different styles of play.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:10 am

One game does not make a player. The performance hasn't changed my opinion on him as a player. He's still a limited player who lacks many attributes that he should have at his age.

Whilst he scored a good goal, through out the game he still wasn't using his head when he was in front of goal. Most of the times he chose power instead of accuracy. Hitting the ball 300 mph doesn't guarantee a goal, you need a bit of accuracy.

It takes him 15 chances to score, and right now Crouch and Morientes seem that they will score more likely than he will. Yes he is close to scoring 20 goals but take into consideration the goals he scored earlier in the season were against piss poor opposition.

If he wants a future at this club then he has to start playing well week in and week out.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby oakton » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:25 am

geez! after 1 goal and all of you giving him a god status?
oakton

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:32 am

It takes him 15 chances to score

Job done
Crouch and Morientes seem that they will score more likely

But the job have not done yet. So no goals.

In the game of soccer ... Who ever Score Goals will win the game and take the 3 points. I think that Cisse, PC and Nando they are all good players . But among of these Cisse score the most. We should keep him.
LiverpoolMadman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion