Who said what about ciise ? - He scores...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:17 am

i was 1 of only few who sed cisse should start and we shudnt sell him
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:19 am

i was another
but i was a crouch basher also
so guess i'm even
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:25 am

Cisse's quality was never really a question as he has good potential but my issue with his has always been his attitude, he spits his dummy out far too often :(

If he could sort that out and concerntrate on improving his play then he'll have a future at Anfield :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:56 am

What I have seen of Cisse does nothing for my confidence in his ability. The guy goes forward hard and finishes reasonably well (not 1st class though) but that's it.

He's a squad player at best...and that's why he's made guest appearances only except for last night when we needed a big strong target. Cisse will run into the channels but that tends to crowd out our wide midfielders (on most occasions), but he can't see that.

Have you ever seen him put his foot on the ball and hold up play?? Neither have I. It's just not in his nature, he'd prefer to rely on his speed (which isn't anything to write home about) and run straight at goals. Not always the best option when playing in the LFC team. Rafa has players supporting each other but if Cisse is off on his own tangent how can you support him.

Sorry folks, a squad player at best.

I'm sure he's a really nice person though!!   :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:58 am

don't you think that may have somthing to do with his lack of games and his uncertain future
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:07 pm

DAV wrote:don't you think that may have somthing to do with his lack of games and his uncertain future

Well that's up to him. If he had what it takes or what Rafa was looking for, he'd get a start...just like Crouch has.

Cisse will be more than useful, don't get me wrong, but just not a starting striker in 80% of our games.

The derby was always going to be physical and you needed a player who was going to stand up to that and give it back in spades.

Nando is a more technically gifted player than I think Cisse will ever be. While Crouchy can play it both ways, which is one of the pleasantly surprising aspects of his evolving skill. He's didn't show any technical ability as Southampton, hence I didn't think he could make it here. I've been proven incorrect.

If Cisse can do the same thing, I'll take my hat off to the lad.   :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby romliv » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:09 pm

I can only say that when cisse play with his real value ! he can simply offer the game to LFC:;):  and cheers Mr. Benitez  YWNWA
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:12 pm

Absolutely fantastic goal. He's one of the best last night. I never look down on him but he feels like lack of confident before that goal. He's back, cisse is back.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:13 pm

I think Cisse after a good run of games would show how much he can offer Liverpool FC
As for Attitude, towards the end of last season people on here were questioning Gerrards attitude as he had an uncertain future (for different resesons)
Just look at him now with his future 100% with Liverpool
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Erica » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:13 pm

DAV wrote:Cisse is the man who should get alot more starts for us
Morientes has been great in the past
but he aint doing it now for us
As for asking Crouch
I don't think he would mind who he plays with, as the manager and (most of) the fans stood by him when he wasnt producing.

I have seen the last two games that Morientes has played in the Premiership in the starting team:Middlesbrough and Newcasltle. In that first match he scored two goals, but his game was not the best I have seen him. Against Newcastle, he did not score but he played a brilliant game for the team. My point is that the player who scores is not always the best forward of the team.
So, do not say that Morientes was only good in the past, because I think he has started playing well for us, too.
Erica

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:21 pm

If i am honest i have criticised Cisse in the past and despite his well taken goal yesterday i am yet to be convinced.

His attitude still needs working on, as does his composure.

Yesterday credit where it is due he scored a very good goal and his link up play again showed signs of improvement.

If he can continue to improve his general link up play then i would be happy to admit i was wrong.

I hope he can because with his blistering pace he provides something totally different and obviously loves the club and the fans.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:21 pm

all 3 are important players
I just think with cisse's speed and with his age he. long term has more to offer
I'm from the old school
who likes to see strikers scoring
We have Crouch who has more to his game
he just needs someone who can bang the ball in to partner him up front
At the moment i would say Cisse is the man for the job
We know all the midfield chip in with goals, but a 20+ goal scorer a seaon is vital in my opinion
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Erica » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:33 pm

DAV wrote:all 3 are important players
I just think with cisse's speed and with his age he. long term has more to offer
I'm from the old school
who likes to see strikers scoring
We have Crouch who has more to his game
he just needs someone who can bang the ball in to partner him up front
At the moment i would say Cisse is the man for the job
We know all the midfield chip in with goals, but a 20+ goal scorer a seaon is vital in my opinion

I agree with you that the three players are important for Liverpool.
It would be very difficult to get a better player for the money we can spend.
Of course I would also like a striker that can gurantee more than 20 goals in a season, but I am afraid that Barcelona or Milan will not give us Etoo or Sevchenko.
What is good about Liverpool is that we have about five players who can score 10-12 goals each.
Erica

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:36 pm

i watched the game last night with some gooner mates and they were saying how many similarities there are between cisse and henry. Theres something about the way a french striker finishes with a deft touch that only a few possess and cisse is one of the few
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:08 pm

dawson99 wrote:i watched the game last night with some gooner mates and they were saying how many similarities there are between cisse and henry. Theres something about the way a french striker finishes with a deft touch that only a few possess and cisse is one of the few

The finish he produced for his goal was certainly Henry-esque.

But the similarity imo ends there, Henry is a million miles the better player, in virtually every department.

Did you and the gooners have one too many ? :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion