Who or what is to blame

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:W@ank indeed. But what else will people talk about in pre season. :D

Tim Westwood. That's f*ckin shockin, Bav.  :no

Your not going to let me get of that easy are you. :D He doesnt look like you but rather he looks like the guy Glen said you look like, which actually didnt even look like you so in a way Tim Westwood was nothing to do with you.

Sorry mate.
Last edited by tubby on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:07 pm

GYBS, the point is mate that if we win the league its taken as read that we all jump up and down and celebrate...... end of discussion, so its more interesting sometimes to stimulate debate by looking at the different scenarios that could occur. Its a bit like Johnson, if he finishes the season as our player of the year and helps us win the title, no one will be discussing how we paid over the odds for him, but for the present its more interesting to read peoples opinions both for and against him.

Try to add to the discussion mate rather than stifling it.
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:W@ank indeed. But what else will people talk about in pre season. :D

Tim Westwood. That's f*ckin shockin, Bav.  :no

Your not going to let me get of that easy are you. :D He doesnt look like you but rather he looks like the guy Glen said you look like, which actually didnt even look like you so in a way Tim Westwood was nothing to do with you.

Sorry mate.

Na, rather hilarious actually. I keep laughing at that other fella in the picture. He looks like a dead hedgehog with something sharp stuck up his hole.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:i asked a simple question mick - if you read back it wasnt a hard question was it

will ask it again

Why not instead of Chelsea improve and us finishing third - can it not be we improve even more and Finish First

Why not instead of us not winning a trophy for 6 years and rafa will be considered an abject failure - can it not be we win the prem and cl again in the next three years and Rafa is lauded a great manager

ie the flip side to what JUST THAT POST SAID not what your other posts said .

"Why not Chelsea improve and us finsih third, can we not improve and finish first?".

Yes we can improve and finish first. If we do, then it doesn't really matter if we win the Carling Cup or not. I'M JUST CONSIDERING THE NIGHTMARE SCENARIO, JUST IMAGINE WE DON'T WIN THE LEAGUE NEXT SEASON???!!!!!!!!!

Now I know it's so unlikely as to be rendered almost ridiculous as we are absolute certainties, the biggest sure things in history, I was thinking out loud. Just think if we don't win it, it might be nice to win something else instead.

Now you also produced an alternative scenario for the manager. I made the point that if we don't win anything for six seasons he'd be considered a failure. Typically, you don't actually argue with that. Your "argument" is, "but what if he won the league and Champions League, he wouldn't be a failure then"   :laugh:

Look. If Rafa wins the league and/or the Champions League, he won't be an abject failure. Does that make you happy now? There is a possibility we could win the league yes, next season. I would say the chances of us winning it and finishing thrid are about equal, you may disagree on the percentage chances of both, but they are both possible.

So your question, which was such a humdinger that you felt you had to "ask it again" has it's answer. The answer is such a humdinger I'll repeat it for you.

Yes there is the chance we will win the league next season. If we do, it doesn't matter what happens in the Carling or indeed FA Cup.

Yes if Rafa wins the league or Champions League he won't be considered a failure.

Right. Now I've answered those extremely probing questions, can we move back to the point of the discussion?

so why the hell didnt you just answer the question in the first place instead of going on a rant ? then the discussion could of carried on nice and smoothly .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 pm

s@int wrote:GYBS, the point is mate that if we win the league its taken as read that we all jump up and down and celebrate...... end of discussion, so its more interesting sometimes to stimulate debate by looking at the different scenarios that could occur. Its a bit like Johnson, if he finishes the season as our player of the year and helps us win the title, no one will be discussing how we paid over the odds for him, but for the present its more interesting to read peoples opinions both for and against him.

as i said to mick i just ask a question - it was a hard one nor was i asking for some thunderstruck revealing answer - All i see is negative stuff these days and was trying to find out why not the other side of the coin and yet its as if i have committed a crime .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:12 pm

GYBS wrote:Right. Now I've answered those extremely probing questions, can we move back to the point of the discussion?

so why the hell didnt you just answer the question in the first place instead of going on a rant ? then the discussion could of carried on nice and smoothly .[/quote]
Because they were b0ll0cks.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:14 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:Right. Now I've answered those extremely probing questions, can we move back to the point of the discussion?

so why the hell didnt you just answer the question in the first place instead of going on a rant ? then the discussion could of carried on nice and smoothly .

Because they were b0ll0cks.[/quote]
:laugh:
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:16 pm

bigmick wrote:

Because they were b0ll0cks.[/quote]
right ok ill go start another poll - sorry didnt conform to your liking .

ta ra now
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:19 pm

the crime is that you are still going on about it, your worse than ms Nagger Nags McNaggerson. Let it drop, its the internet, people cum on 2talk footy n have a bit of banter, your ruining it by being a :censored: sap.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:19 pm

???
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:24 pm

GYBS wrote:
s@int wrote:GYBS, the point is mate that if we win the league its taken as read that we all jump up and down and celebrate...... end of discussion, so its more interesting sometimes to stimulate debate by looking at the different scenarios that could occur. Its a bit like Johnson, if he finishes the season as our player of the year and helps us win the title, no one will be discussing how we paid over the odds for him, but for the present its more interesting to read peoples opinions both for and against him.

as i said to mick i just ask a question - it was a hard one nor was i asking for some thunderstruck revealing answer - All i see is negative stuff these days and was trying to find out why not the other side of the coin and yet its as if i have committed a crime .

I will try again mate.

Mick thinks Johnson is a good player while quite a few people including myself think we have paid over the odds. Mick could have just said "you wont be saying that when he has won us the league and finished player of the season"...... WHICH IS FACTUALLY CORRECT BECAUSE IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES WE WOULDN'T!

Instead of saying that and stifling the discussion, he instead gave his footballing reasons why he thought Johnson would be a good buy. We can then either accept his reasoning or argue against it, but it encourages discussion.

I realise that you think there is too much negativity on the forum, but I honestly don't think what we say or think on here has any effect on the players. I am sure that Kuyt will continue to "work hard" whether peewee thinks he is cr@p or not.

Its all just opinions mate, so carry on defending Rafa and Kuyt, but accept that others may have differing views.
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm

s@int wrote:
GYBS wrote:

I will try again mate.

Mick thinks Johnson is a good player while quite a few people including myself think we have paid over the odds. Mick could have just said "you wont be saying that when he has won us the league and finished player of the season"...... WHICH IS FACTUALLY CORRECT BECAUSE IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES WE WOULDN'T!

Instead of saying that and stifling the discussion, he instead gave his footballing reasons why he thought Johnson would be a good buy. We can then either accept his reasoning or argue against it, but it encourages discussion.

I realise that you think there is too much negativity on the forum, but I honestly don't think what we say or think on here has any effect on the players. I am sure that Kuyt will continue to "work hard" whether peewee thinks he is cr@p or not.

Its all just opinions mate, so carry on defending Rafa and Kuyt, but accept that others may have differing views.

:nod
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:29 pm

dont worry about it saint AK47 going into armoury .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:32 pm

s@int wrote:
GYBS wrote:

I will try again mate.

:buttrock Exactomundo as they say in those dimly lit cafe's of Mexico City.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion