Who or what is to blame

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:21 pm

nothing stifling about my post mick - its simple really just wondering why it always chelsea may improve and we may not win this and we may end up third - im just posting the other side of the coin mick - ie we may improve more than chelsea and win the prem . I would rather think that way and stay positive about the outlook of whats ahead due to the encouragement i got from this season . Winning carling cups will be lovely same as FA Cups but in the overall picture of it it will not mean much - Finishing in the top 4 is more important than a CC win or an FA Cup and thats what i would prefer.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:25 pm

GYBS wrote:nothing stifling about my post mick - its simple really just wondering why it always chelsea may improve and we may not win this and we may end up third - im just posting the other side of the coin mick - ie we may improve more than chelsea and win the prem . I would rather think that way and stay positive about the outlook of whats ahead due to the encouragement i got from this season . Winning carling cups will be lovely same as FA Cups but in the overall picture of it it will not mean much - Finishing in the top 4 is more important than a CC win or an FA Cup and thats what i would prefer.

Fecking hell.  :angry:
                                                                                                aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPHUCKINGHEEELLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. Now, lets see. Ah feck it, No lets not, I can't be bothered   :laugh: I hope we don't win any domestic cups, sorry for even saying that I did  :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:28 pm

You know what burjenno and taff were right in that little poll you started - pretty much spot on in fact .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Were they, I can't remember what they said. If they said that you can't have a sensible discussion on here without getting your ankles bitten and the conversation degenerating into abject nonsense then I wholeheartedly agree with them.

I made the mistake of saying I hoped we win a domestic cup. Sorry about that.

I offered up ways in which we might approach the two domestic cups, which may give us more of a chance. Sorry about that.

I said that if we don't win anything for six seasons, people would consider Rafa a failure. Sorry about that.

I said that the good thing about winning domestic cups, was that you avoided all that "you haven't won anything for X number of years. Sorry about that.

I suggested the team we might play in the Carling Cup. Sorry about that.

I said that the Premiership and the Champions League were hard to win and there was no shame in not winning them. Sorry about that.

I said that the Premiership is the holy grail, and I wouldn't sacrifice our chances to win the Carling Cup. Sorry about that.

I wholeheartedly apologise to you and everyone else GYBS for taking the discussion off track. We really ought to be having pointless one liner arguments instead, because it's much more fun. I know Peewee asked in the thread starter how come we haven't won anything for three seasons, whose fault is it if anyone's etc etc, but we don't have to pay any heed to that.

In fact, lets just ignore all that, and any posts which have previously appeared on the thread, and talk utter b0ll0cks about absolutely feck all. You go first, we'll do a couple of pages of abject sh!t and see where it takes us.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:42 pm

bigmick wrote:In fact, lets just ignore all that, and any posts which have previously appeared on the thread, and talk utter b0ll0cks about absolutely feck all. You go first, we'll do a couple of pages of abject sh!t and see where it takes us.

Now your talking!!! Lets head over to the tennis thread and argue with Lando that men use double handed back shots too!  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:44 pm

i asked a simple question mick - if you read back it wasnt a hard question was it

will ask it again

Why not instead of Chelsea improve and us finishing third - can it not be we improve even more and Finish First

Why not instead of us not winning a trophy for 6 years and rafa will be considered an abject failure - can it not be we win the prem and cl again in the next three years and Rafa is lauded a great manager

ie the flip side to what JUST THAT POST SAID not what your other posts said .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:46 pm

It took Fergie how many years to win the league with utd? 5 was it? And now it is so much harder with the gap in spending availble between us and the other big teams so I think under the conditions Rafa has done well.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:46 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: Mick you've bit lad . That's all he wants mate , is a arguement . Take it easy mate , you are funny when you attempt to argue with someone mate . Your just to nice to be a :censored: .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:56 pm

86 points. Our highest league tally in, ummm...20 years or more? Whoever is to blame? It's shocking. Heads will roll.

This thread is w@nk.

There! That's my contribution.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Not after an argument Igor - far from it maybe a bit of clarification why people act the way they do . I thought defending Liverpool and Rafa and our players was hard against manc and bs fans but feck me its even harder against our own set of fans .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:59 pm

W@ank indeed. But what else will people talk about in pre season. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Emerald Red wrote:86 points. Our highest league tally in, ummm...20 years or more? Whoever is to blame? It's shocking. Heads will roll.

This thread is w@nk.

There! That's my contribution.

:laugh:

a post to make you smile
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:02 pm

GYBS wrote:i asked a simple question mick - if you read back it wasnt a hard question was it

will ask it again

Why not instead of Chelsea improve and us finishing third - can it not be we improve even more and Finish First

Why not instead of us not winning a trophy for 6 years and rafa will be considered an abject failure - can it not be we win the prem and cl again in the next three years and Rafa is lauded a great manager

ie the flip side to what JUST THAT POST SAID not what your other posts said .

"Why not Chelsea improve and us finsih third, can we not improve and finish first?".

Yes we can improve and finish first. If we do, then it doesn't really matter if we win the Carling Cup or not. I'M JUST CONSIDERING THE NIGHTMARE SCENARIO, JUST IMAGINE WE DON'T WIN THE LEAGUE NEXT SEASON???!!!!!!!!!

Now I know it's so unlikely as to be rendered almost ridiculous as we are absolute certainties, the biggest sure things in history, I was thinking out loud. Just think if we don't win it, it might be nice to win something else instead.

Now you also produced an alternative scenario for the manager. I made the point that if we don't win anything for six seasons he'd be considered a failure. Typically, you don't actually argue with that. Your "argument" is, "but what if he won the league and Champions League, he wouldn't be a failure then"   :laugh:

Look. If Rafa wins the league and/or the Champions League, he won't be an abject failure. Does that make you happy now? There is a possibility we could win the league yes, next season. I would say the chances of us winning it and finishing thrid are about equal, you may disagree on the percentage chances of both, but they are both possible.

So your question, which was such a humdinger that you felt you had to "ask it again" has it's answer. The answer is such a humdinger I'll repeat it for you.

Yes there is the chance we will win the league next season. If we do, it doesn't matter what happens in the Carling or indeed FA Cup.

Yes if Rafa wins the league or Champions League he won't be considered a failure.

Right. Now I've answered those extremely probing questions, can we move back to the point of the discussion?
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Igor Zidane wrote: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: Mick you've bit lad . That's all he wants mate , is a arguement . Take it easy mate , you are funny when you attempt to argue with someone mate . Your just to nice to be a :censored: .

:wwww Just occasionally mate you have to wonder. Fecking hell  :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 pm

bavlondon wrote:W@ank indeed. But what else will people talk about in pre season. :D

Tim Westwood. That's f*ckin shockin, Bav.  :no
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion