Who or what is to blame

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:47 am

peewee wrote:well its not the first time you have blamed me for everything so no sleep will be lost on that front    :D

I don't blame you for the rain....that's nature
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:47 am

I understand that for someone who has been a red for more than 30 years, winning is a must. I became a red in 1989 and I haven't known those glory years. In the uni years Liverpool wasn't placed where I'd like.

The blame of those poor results were probably that the club as a business didn't grow as Manchester did, and probably some poor managers too.

For me Rafa Benitez has the blame of recovering part of the glory Liverpool used to have. When I joined this forum the media talked about the top 3, leaving Liverpool aside of it. That wound me up big time.

Why haven't Liverpool recovered ALL the glory we'd like to see, i.e, winning the league again? Because unfortunately the Manchester team wasn't asleep in the nineties, and they grew economically a lot. We were some way off them and it's difficult to compete with such power. For instance it's reported that they want a keeper from Villareal, worse than Reina, and they're ready to pay 30M for them. Which is something we couldn't pay for someone unless he was our absolute primary target.

So the blame of not winning the league, which is what  I think you ask in the thread, are :

* Less income than other clubs
* Liverpool came from a position which was very distant from winning the league. We were nowhere near winning it in year 2001.

The blame of recovering part of it's glory

* Rafa Benitez and World Class players that surround the local world class player Gerrard
* Best support of Europe.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 am

peewee wrote:Ok, quite simple this one and it will no doubt start a few squabbles.

I am not going to give an opinion, although no doubt some will see my lack of comment as blaming it on rafa or kuyt, but to make it clear, I am offering no opinion on this whatsoever, I am more interested in seeing where the posters think the blame lies, or maybe they say there is no blame, just Utd are too good, no doubt the money spent argument will come up, buts let see if we can reach some consensus.

so the question, who or what is to blame for us not winning any trophies for the past three seasons.

Fire away.........................................

You of course lash  :D .

To be honest mate i think were going over old ground abit here ,but i can see your after some debate so i'll give my two penneth .

It's obviously a number of factors ,not one single person or thing .

So rafa's partly to blame ,because he's the manager and makes the decisions .

The playing squad over the course of the season's has not been strong enough to compete on all fronts (somewhat rectified last season ) . Whilst we've gone pretty well in the champions league ,we havent be strong enough in the league until last season .

The owners and there running of the club have had (it's only the way i see it pee lad ) a terrible effect on the general moral of the club as a whole . Playing staff and baxkroom staff , from top to bottom .

Funds are not as easily available to compete for the top players as they are with other members of the top 4 imo .

Tacticts . Rafa has made some strange decisions in the past , but i think finally he has come to terms with the premier league . Still got to love him though ,right .

That'll do for now lash.  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 am

peewee wrote:actually the two threads are very different, even an idiot would see that from reading it

Only because this thread has taken a different route and developed into a whole new sphere of conversation....
Last edited by supersub on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:49 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
peewee wrote:Ok, quite simple this one and it will no doubt start a few squabbles.

I am not going to give an opinion, although no doubt some will see my lack of comment as blaming it on rafa or kuyt, but to make it clear, I am offering no opinion on this whatsoever, I am more interested in seeing where the posters think the blame lies, or maybe they say there is no blame, just Utd are too good, no doubt the money spent argument will come up, buts let see if we can reach some consensus.

so the question, who or what is to blame for us not winning any trophies for the past three seasons.

Fire away.........................................

You of course lash  :D .

To be honest mate i think were going over old ground abit here ,but i can see your after some debate so i'll give my two penneth .

It's obviously a number of factors ,not one single person or thing .

So rafa's partly to blame ,because he's the manager and makes the decisions .

The playing squad over the course of the season's has not been strong enough to compete on all fronts (somewhat rectified last season ) . Whilst we've gone pretty well in the champions league ,we havent be strong enough in the league until last season .

The owners and there running of the club have had (it's only the way i see it pee lad ) a terrible effect on the general moral of the club as a whole . Playing staff and baxkroom staff , from top to bottom .

Funds are not as easily available to compete for the top players as they are with other members of the top 4 imo .

Tacticts . Rafa has made some strange decisions in the past , but i think finally he has come to terms with the premier league . Still got to love him though ,right .

That'll do for now lash.  :D

at last a sensible post   :D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 am

supersub wrote:
peewee wrote:actually the two threads are very different, even an idiot would see that from reading it

Only because this thread has taken a different route and developed into a whole new shere of conversation....

well the two questions are very different.

1. who will we blame when our potential signings are going elsewhere?

2. who or what is to blame for us winning nothing the past 3 seasons?

Now correct me if I am wrong but they are two completely different questions    ???
112-1077774096

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:52 am

I blame Rafa for not taking us as far as we could have have / should have....
I blame the owners for causing unrest in our dressing room and off the pitch...
I blame Parry ... for very diffferent reasons to everyone elses mind you ... more to do with our finances but wont go into that now
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:57 am

One of the less controversial reasons (hopefully)........ We have concentrated on progressing in the Cl to the detriment of our domestic competitions.
account deleted by request

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:58 am

peewee wrote:
supersub wrote:

Only because this thread has taken a different route and developed into a whole new shere of conversation....

Now correct me if I am wrong but they are two completely different questions    ???

It's your same old rant you have used over and over again,worded slightly different..but it is still the same bleating peewee

:sleep
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby DrPepe » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:59 am

I think Dr Freud may have had something to say about individuals of a certain type that feel an over-reaching need to apportion  blame and responsibility...

As for the reasons? Bad luck in part, poor decisions at times, individual errors that have cost us dearly, strong competition etc

Its disappointing, but not that unusual for big clubs to go 2,3 years without winning (even a cursory glance at the big4 will tell you that
Its best not to get too neurotic about it, and get behind the team in the upcoming season eh?
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:00 am

I just want to know when Liverpool Fans started looking to blame anyone they can for not winning something instead of just saying "the club as a whole just werent up to the tak and must improve" . When did it become norm to have something or someone to blame ?!?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:01 am

supersub wrote:
peewee wrote:
supersub wrote:

It's your same old rant you have used over and over again,worded slightly different..but it is still the same bleating peewee

:sleep

I would rather you explain why these two questions are the same rather than gloss over your misconception.

the fact is they are two very different questions, in fact one is past and one is future based on very different criteria.

Ho hum, no doubt if one of the forum blue eyed boys posted it you would deem it worthy of debate. like i said no skin off my my nose, at least a few sensible posters can see it for what it it
112-1077774096

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:02 am

I blame him .... He's the mother of all problem ...

LiverpoolMadman

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:02 am

DrPepe wrote:

I think Dr Freud may have had something to say about individuals of a certain type that feel an over-reaching need to apportion  blame and responsibility...

As for the reasons? Bad luck in part, poor decisions at times, individual errors that have cost us dearly, strong competition etc

Its disappointing, but not that unusual for big clubs to go 2,3 years without winning (even a cursory glance at the big4 will tell you that
Its best not to get too neurotic about it, and get behind the team in the upcoming season eh?

so rafa blaming the backroom staff and firing 16 people was not due to blame for failures. Do you think he just accepts the past three seasons failures or apportions blame?
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:03 am

GYBS wrote:I just want to know when Liverpool Fans started looking to blame anyone they can for not winning something instead of just saying "the club as a whole just werent up to the tak and must improve" . When did it become norm to have something or someone to blame ?!?

Probably when they got their leagues.

Glory has a price. When you win things you inevitably attract bandwagon supporters, and you inevitably have the pressure of winning more and more. That's unavoidable.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion