Who else do we need? - Weak areas,replacements

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KOPMATT » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:26 pm

I personally don't think we need to buy another CB but a creative midfielder and another quality striker.
Having sed that nanny red was right in the saying the team were embarrassing yesterday they didn't turn up and I know it's something we always say that if we can get points when we play poorly then thats a sign of a team in contention with winning the league, but can anyone honestly say that we even deserved a point from Spurs yesterday? OK we shoulda had another penalty but for me Spurs were far more creative and showed far more passion and desire than us.
KOPMATT

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:26 pm

I think it's clear that we still lack creativity against teams whio come to Anfield and put ten behind the ball. Last night, far too much of the passing in midfield was going backwards and sideways.

I still can't believe that we didn't try and include Van Der Vaart or Snjeider as part of the Alonso deal. Aquilani can't get fit quick enough.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 pm

stmichael wrote:I think it's clear that we still lack creativity against teams whio come to Anfield and put ten behind the ball. Last night, far too much of the passing in midfield was going backwards and sideways.

I still can't believe that we didn't try and include Van Der Vaart or Snjeider as part of the Alonso deal. Aquilani can't get fit quick enough.

thats what I noticed about last night.

Without Alonso (and to a less extent Agger) there is no one to play the ball out of defense, or pick it up from a defender. the amount of sideways and backwards passing last night was embarrasing.

It got to a stage where Gerrard was dropping into the "alonso position" to get the ball from the defence, or from mash/lucas - as one one on our team could pass the ball forward, or thread that ball though to Gerrard or Torres.

With Gerrard coming so deep this further isolated Torres, and none of our attacks realy amounted to much. We only looked like scoring when the balls came in from the flanks. There was nothing through the middle last night.   :no
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
stmichael wrote:I think it's clear that we still lack creativity against teams whio come to Anfield and put ten behind the ball. Last night, far too much of the passing in midfield was going backwards and sideways.

Without Alonso (and to a less extent Agger) there is no one to play the ball out of defense, or pick it up from a defender. the amount of sideways and backwards passing last night was embarrasing.

It got to a stage where Gerrard was dropping into the "alonso position" to get the ball from the defence, or from mash/lucas - as one one on our team could pass the ball forward, or thread that ball though to Gerrard or Torres.

With Gerrard coming so deep this further isolated Torres, and none of our attacks realy amounted to much. We only looked like scoring when the balls came in from the flanks. There was nothing through the middle last night.   :no

Gerrard was woeful last night. It was probably one of the worst games he's ever had in a red shirt.

Makes me laugh when people single out Lucas and others for the defeat. All of our front four were shocking last night.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:42 pm

stmichael wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

Gerrard was woeful last night. It was probably one of the worst games he's ever had in a red shirt.

Makes me laugh when people single out Lucas and others for the defeat. All of our front four were shocking last night.

agreed. all were woeful. it was a shocking performance.

I'm not singling out anyone... more the lack of someone.

The link between defence and attack is missing (Alonso / Aquilani) - and imo it really showed last night
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:13 pm

seems to me that we could have use a Xavi (or Iniesta) more than Xabi last night.  That or another striker because it wasn't there there were all these great runs being made that just weren't being picked out.  Wish those Lavezzi rumors earlier in the summer would have had truth in them
JoeTerp

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion