Who else do we need? - Weak areas,replacements

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:35 pm

bavlondon wrote:Lucas has improved but not enough to fill Xabis boots. ANyway to me it seems Lucas is better at going forward so I would even let him take up that advanced position and slot Gerrard deeper where he should be.

Agreed.
Might pi$$ off Stevie G by doing that though....but he should be big enough to understand, being skipper 'n all...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Lucas, Babel, Voronin, Ngog are just not good enough for LFC!
I cant undersand Rafas selection and tactics today, we were disjointed, totally lacked penetration!
It was obvious to a blind man that Babel was a total waste of space and Lucas dosnte have the vision to feed Torres and SG so why wait for the magic 65mins to change  things  :down:
For me he could have brought on Beni for Babel at HT, switched SG to the left and played Kuyt alongside Torres.
It was a game we could have got back into and even gone on to win!
teamleader1

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:07 pm

I heard Lakes saying we still have 18mil to spend but Rafa is apparantly looking at bringing in 2 more players. We really are lacking depth at the moment. I know we have a few injuries but that's the idea of strength in depth. Fingers crossed by the time the window closes we will have signed at least another player.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:09 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Lucas has improved but not enough to fill Xabis boots. ANyway to me it seems Lucas is better at going forward so I would even let him take up that advanced position and slot Gerrard deeper where he should be.

Agreed.
Might pi$$ off Stevie G by doing that though....but he should be big enough to understand, being skipper 'n all...

I made that suggestion the other week in the Lucas thread and got laughed at (not totally unjustified). Certainly still feel that until Aqualini is fit Gerrard should be pulled back to CM alongside Mascherano.
One or two others have subsequently given a shout for Benajoun to fill in Stevies supporting role behind Torres. Given our limited "quality" options, it's a good shout.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:I heard Lakes saying we still have 18mil to spend but Rafa is apparantly looking at bringing in 2 more players. We really are lacking depth at the moment. I know we have a few injuries but that's the idea of strength in depth. Fingers crossed by the time the window closes we will have signed at least another player.

Lets hope so.
But that dosnte excuse his line up and tactics today,
I repeat; IF he had taken the bull by the horns when it was obvious we were not at the races, we could have gotten something out of the game
Instead we were flattered by the 2-1
teamleader1

Postby Tim LFC » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Lucas should play further up the field! Just test him and see what he can do! After all he scored the goal against Atletico Madrid higher up the pitch with Gerrard CM.
Tim LFC

Postby paisleyred » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Its a bad day when you are looking at the SPURS bench with envy!
paisleyred

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:13 pm

Tim LFC wrote:Lucas should play further up the field! Just test him and see what he can do! After all he scored the goal against Atletico Madrid higher up the pitch with Gerrard CM.

Lucas should fukk off!......he is :censored: and will never be any different.....babel is :censored: poor...and he will never be any different either...we have spent £20 mill on a 'crock' and have still not replaced Alonso?.....Rafa needs to buy a striker and a replacement for Alonso...otherwise forget about title's for yet another season....sell voronin, and lucas and off load that other useless tw@t dossena...the harsh reality is we have not improved from last season...in fact we are weaker. :down:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:51 pm

paisleyred wrote:Its a bad day when you are looking at the SPURS bench with envy!

It's a bad day when you have TWO attacking options on the bench and most of a back five.

It's not looking good though, when you weigh up the ins vs the outs

Arbeloa out, Johnson in
Alonso out, Aquilani in (the treatment room)
Hyypia out
Pennant out
Anderson out
Leto out
Hammill out
Hobbs out
Voronin on his way out?

On the balance of it I'd rather have Alonso and Arbeloa over Johnson and Aquilani, while the squad was too big I think that was more down to so many reserves and kids. We've two strikers being employed out wide, Keane was bought, sold but not replaced and Voronin is rumoured to be on his way out. Our (central) midfield is hustle, bustle and workman-like but lacking creativity with no Alonso there to run it. We're thin on the ground in terms of CBs, lucky to be able to field two with no sign of a Sami replacement be it Turner or whoever. Our one midfield signing to compensate the loss of Alonso is not expected to be fully fit any time soon, and we've been linked with about 100 times as many players as we've so far signed and I'm beginning to doubt the cavalry is just around the corner to help the beleaguered homesteaders.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:58 pm

This will be a make or break season for Rafa......although those two yankee b@stards have not helped the pair of them should be shipped off to Afghanistan....without a gun between em' :angry:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:53 am

We should go for Van Der Vart or someone who is quality in midfield for a great price. People say we need CB but i think were fine and Ayala didn't do a bad job against Spurs. Plus Kelly also looks good. What we also need is another attacker a back up for torres or if we can't afford either go for one. Or we can't both then we'll have to try some youth like Nemeth,Spearing,En'gog etc
Tim LFC

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 am

What we need is another club willing to sign Ryan Babel.
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby del_potro » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:03 am

Tim LFC wrote:We should go for Van Der Vart or someone who is quality in midfield for a great price. People say we need CB but i think were fine and Ayala didn't do a bad job against Spurs. Plus Kelly also looks good. What we also need is another attacker a back up for torres or if we can't afford either go for one. Or we can't both then we'll have to try some youth like Nemeth,Spearing,En'gog etc

Van der Vaart is one of the greates player i have ever seen.

He played in Hamburg very well.
He deals very well with the ball.

He scored often goals and often he decided matches on his own.

Its a very great player. Real Madrid is simply stupid. He could help him, but they always do strange things with their players.

Remember Robben, Sneiyder oder Hunntelar.

Ofcourse he can lead a team, too.
A man with magic moments.
Last edited by del_potro on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
A german Liverpool fan
del_potro

Postby Tim LFC » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:22 am

^^ Yeah i agree. Rafa needs to get some more signings ASAP! He has no choice!  He must push the Americans to give us more money! And if he has money wtf is he doing!?
Tim LFC

Postby Madmax » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am

baldricks_cunning_plan wrote:What we need is another club willing to sign Ryan Babel.

Maybe it rafa that does'nt want to let go of him!

On the other who the feck would want babel? Dont blame clubs having no interest.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion