Who else do we need? - Weak areas,replacements

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redhayesy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 am

Scottbot wrote:Was anyone else impressed with Carlton Cole tonight? He certainly didn't look out of place. He held the ball up nicely, was strong, he was direct and showed some excellent touches. I'd certainly swap him for any of our strikers bar Torres. I see Hull have bid 12 mill for Negredo so i'll guess we'll see if Rafa was genuinely interested in the player in the next 24 hours.

sorry not for me mate. carlton cole-voronin class springs to mind. at a big club totally out of his depth. if not why did chelsea get rid years ago! players like these two get loaned out etc then bounced back untill someone eventually buys them,feck i hope that is the case with voronin!

i also don't rate carew totally agree with other posts that he is a feckin whinging tw@t if not picked, reason he just isn't good enough in the first place,that's why he's left on the bench.

the worst thing in all of this is that if toes was injured, the likes of cole or carew filling in makes me shudder, it's bad enough having voronin in the squad,don't make it any worse with overated,no doubt over priced sh1t aswell. no offence mate just my opinion.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 am

baldricks_cunning_plan wrote:Cole won't come to Anfield because

1) West Ham won't sell their prized forward for a price within our budget.
2) Cole wouldn't risk his England place by becoming a bench player when he's already a regular starter with the Hammers.

I'm not suggesting we buy the lad, he'd probably cost a tidy packet being English anyway, but i am continually finding myself in disbelief at the prospect of entering this coming season UTTERLY dependent on Fernando Torres staying fit. Surely Rafa will move for somebody before the transfer window closes?

PS. If we agreed a price with West Ham for Cole you can bet your life he'd take the deal, absolutely no doubt about it whatsoever.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:04 am

baldricks_cunning_plan wrote:Cole won't come to Anfield because

1) West Ham won't sell their prized forward for a price within our budget.
2) Cole wouldn't risk his England place by becoming a bench player when he's already a regular starter with the Hammers.

Surely the prospect of CL football could tempt him?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:05 am

Cole won't come to Anfield becuase Rafa won't try to buy him.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:14 am

So he would if Rafa tried? :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby slickrick » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:24 pm

rob jones and stevie nicol, bit of experience
slickrick

Postby tubby » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:41 pm

I hear Lucas Neil is a free agent. I know he turned us down last time but he could be a good option as cover at the back?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:42 pm

the simple option is let the academy kids played, who knows what gems can we find?
if we let Isuna played earlier, we would have save ourselves 7 mil pounds on Dossena. If old fergie didnt play kids, we would have splint the 90's with the Gooners and won last season's title.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:56 pm

WE NEED ANOTHER STRIKER!!!!!!!!!

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:01 pm

WE NEED A HYYPIA II , STRIKER AND A RIGHT WINGER.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:02 pm

At this rate by the time Aquilani comes back we will probably be 10 points of the pace.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:32 pm

The team need a new mentality, a new objective and direction.
The old Rafa mentality of ensuring a draw is much better than the risk of a win should be abolished.
The old let's keep the ball and not do too much to expose ourself by going forward instead let the opponents make mistakes so we can pounce on them should ceased.
A new direction of creating our own chances, by attacking through going forward (instead of having the player's back facing opponent's goal all the time), having new strategies that allow for such attack style. If Rafa cannot accept such football style then he should seriously consider leaving.
Thinkpad

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:34 pm

That's :censored:. Towards the end of last season we had that new attacking mentality. The problem is we don't have the personal in the team able to do that as we have lost Alonso. Yes Aquilani will fit in well but we have a few weeks to go before he comes. We need someone else as well who can play across the middle and up front if needed. We need fecking Silva.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:42 pm

bavlondon wrote:At this rate by the time Aquilani comes back we will probably be 10 points of the pace.

This is exactly what I say in the Lucas thread. I'm not trying to blame the whole thing on Lucas as it was Rafa decision to play him and he is no Alonso. What disappointed me is that we didn't put our best team on the pitch today. Rafa should have put Gerrard back in Middle, Beni instead of Babel on the left and put Babel up front with Torres. So far, we didnt really have any new players as it was all one for one kind of move. Hope Rafa need to sort it out before the window closes. Sell Babel, Voronator and bring in someone useful please. We should get Van Daart vat as he will only cost 7 million. Overall, the team just didn't seem prepared except Riena....
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Lucas has improved but not enough to fill Xabis boots. ANyway to me it seems Lucas is better at going forward so I would even let him take up that advanced position and slot Gerrard deeper where he should be.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion