Who else do we need? - Weak areas,replacements

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby we all dream... » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:57 am

ConnO'var wrote:
aCe' wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:To get back to the topic......

We need an additional :

1. Centrehalf
2. Right winger/forward and striker
3. Right back

Depends on how we're gonna set-up this season though.

unless we play a formation with 1 CB and 1/2 a forward... i dont see how it depends on how we set up  :D

:D  :D  :D

Cheeky git!

edited in the post above!

I think he meant that if we don't buy anyone shsrpish we may be forced to actually play with 1 cb and half a striker through injuries..  :D

Depends if you class Ngog half a striker, Torres carra and skittles being injured though. Possible. Rafa, sign someone up!  :nod
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:55 am

Rafael Benitez will have to up his bid for Michael Turner if Hull City are to let him go to Anfield.

The 25-year-old is said to be keen on a move to Merseyside but Tigers boss Phil Brown wants more money on the table.

Turner had an impressive season as City narrowly managed to avoid relegation last season.

With Sami Hyypia's departure and injury concerns over Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Jamie Carragher's fitness, Benitez is looking to spend some of the money he received from the sale of Xabi Alonso.

But the Liverpool boss will have to pay more than he wants if Turner is to join the club.

Brown said: "I have spoken to Rafa Benitez about Michael, but his assessment and valuation of the boy is well below ours.

"I would dearly love to keep Michael here with us, but I know that is going to be difficult.

"When one of the top clubs in Europe come calling, a young man's head can be turned."

Brown also revealed the club are close to completing a deal for Henri Camara, who is a free agent after being released by Wigan.

Brown said: "If we can sit down and thrash out a deal, then there's a possibility he could be a Hull City player. I'm sure we'll do that in the next 48 hours."
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:52 am

aCe' wrote:"I would dearly love to keep Michael here with us, but I know that is going to be difficult.

"When one of the top clubs in Europe come calling, a young man's head can be turned."

This means that "hey I just want a better price for the boy, I'm not saying I don't want to sell"....
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:00 am

maguskwt wrote:
aCe' wrote:"I would dearly love to keep Michael here with us, but I know that is going to be difficult.

This means that "hey I just want a better price for the boy, I'm not saying I don't want to sell"....

i dont think you need to go all Sherlock to figure that out  :D  the part i put in bold is the quote from Brown where he clearly states that ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:12 am

Well he's been mentioned before but apparently Nico Kranjaar has told Portsmouth he won't be signing a new contract, because they "haven't strengthened" :D (No kidding Nico) and he has 1 year left on his current deal by all accounts. Lets just go get him for about 6 million quid. He can play right accross the middle of the park, could fill in for Gerrard at a push and is a good player.

Rafa, I know you read my posts and take what I say very seriously indeed :D, well that's my advice fella, go buy this bloke :;): .
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:35 am

bigmick wrote:Well he's been mentioned before but apparently Nico Kranjaar has told Portsmouth he won't be signing a new contract, because they "haven't strengthened" :D (No kidding Nico)

Have you heard Looney's most recent gem. He isn't worried that the mancs haven't spent big because they won the league three times in a  row and a European Cup.

"I don't believe we need many changes," he said. "We have won the league for the last three seasons and reached the Champions League final twice in a row.

"I think the manager has probably got it right."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8194351.stm

Yes Wayne, that's right, but one key factor in your success just got sold for £80m so that is why a lack of spending could be pivotal. If nothing had been changed his statement might make sense, but they've lost their 20+ goals a season star.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:59 am

bigmick wrote:Well he's been mentioned before but apparently Nico Kranjaar has told Portsmouth he won't be signing a new contract, because they "haven't strengthened" :D (No kidding Nico) and he has 1 year left on his current deal by all accounts. Lets just go get him for about 6 million quid. He can play right accross the middle of the park, could fill in for Gerrard at a push and is a good player.

Rafa, I know you read my posts and take what I say very seriously indeed :D, well that's my advice fella, go buy this bloke :;): .

Sounds like a good call to me. If he winds his neck in and loses some of the headless chicken aspects to his game I think he would do well.

He seems like one of those players who would get better when playing with top players.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:58 am

bigmick wrote:Well he's been mentioned before but apparently Nico Kranjaar has told Portsmouth he won't be signing a new contract, because they "haven't strengthened" :D (No kidding Nico) and he has 1 year left on his current deal by all accounts. Lets just go get him for about 6 million quid. He can play right accross the middle of the park, could fill in for Gerrard at a push and is a good player.

It's a decent shout, he's a good player, versatile, has got good vision and a bit of guile and cleverness about him. Much the same as Tuncay would have been a decent bet.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:02 am

The talk up here is that Tuncay has pretty much agreed a deal in principal to go to Villa for something like £7m. They're just picking off Boro's best players. Downing has already gone and O'Neill was at the Riverside the other night watching Wheater aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:00 pm

Maybe Rafa has read your post.

Things move much faster up at Liverpool, where, following squints at Michael Turner and Ryan Shawcross, Rafa Benítez continues to trawl through the depths of the Premier League in search of little-heralded gems. The latest to take his fancy is Portsmouth's Niko Kranjcar, whom he's confident of landing for £7m.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/footbal....chelsea
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:07 pm

baldricks_cunning_plan wrote:

Maybe Rafa has read your post.

Things move much faster up at Liverpool, where, following squints at Michael Turner and Ryan Shawcross, Rafa Benítez continues to trawl through the depths of the Premier League in search of little-heralded gems. The latest to take his fancy is Portsmouth's Niko Kranjcar, whom he's confident of landing for £7m.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/footbal....chelsea

Yeah but Mick said he could get him for £6million...... typical Rafa paying over the odds even when he has been advised he can get him cheaper.  :D
account deleted by request

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Maybe Rafa is paying the extra million to keep Pompey quiet about Rafa's inside man - BigMick
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby Tim LFC » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:03 pm

If we get Kranjar and CB then i think we have added good depth to our squad for good price! And then if Lucas steps it up and i think he will and Aquilani get's injured we are sorted with Kranjar. :)
Tim LFC

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Krancjkar and turner would be two good additions to the squad .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Dont Shoot me for this but....what about Beckham playing in Alonso's old role?

ok ill get me coat  :blush:
shakey

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion