Who do you want to see in january? - Realistic suggestions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 pm

damjan193 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:He tailed off quite badly and most of his goals where from pen spot - seemed to have a very bad attitude as well but talented - would be a risk for sure

If it wasent for him, Bordoux wouldnt won it last year.Not so good this year though.And idk how would he fit in english football.

he's talking about Zaki
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Greavesie wrote:
damjan193 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:He tailed off quite badly and most of his goals where from pen spot - seemed to have a very bad attitude as well but talented - would be a risk for sure

If it wasent for him, Bordoux wouldnt won it last year.Not so good this year though.And idk how would he fit in english football.

he's talking about Zaki

Oh... sorry :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:27 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Rafa has had his day, he is living on the "Lucky 05 year"

I stopped reading when you placed lucky in front of 05 its a thankless task trying to converse with an individual whose capacity for ingesting knowledge is to say the least minimal,  obviously it would be less arduous  if your brain was not the same density of marble  :(
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:30 pm

aCe' wrote:for 1 mill he'd be a risk worth taking imo...

He is GUFF and doesn't fit into the hard working Rafa type player!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:47 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:Rafa has had his day, he is living on the "Lucky 05 year"

I stopped reading when you placed lucky in front of 05 its a thankless task trying to converse with an individual whose capacity for ingesting knowledge is to say the least minimal,  obviously it would be less arduous  if your brain was not the same density of marble  :(

Ouch!!....

but honest.....

and correct.

:D
roberto green

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Waldo wrote:
aCe' wrote:for 1 mill he'd be a risk worth taking imo...

He is GUFF and doesn't fit into the hard working Rafa type player!

From what i've seen of Zaki he runs around for 90mins and gets stuck in all over the pitch.. has good heading, excellent work rate, strength and stamina, and isnt a bad finisher.. Had one of the best scoring records in the league until he got injured in international duty and then fell out with the manager... remember he was linked to a number of big clubs but from what some are saying seems like he has a bad attitude... If we're looking for a cheap option then i'd rather have him than Heskey or some 18year old who plays in Spains 3rd division...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Liverpool close to Rodriguez deal (BBC Sport)

Maxi Rodriguez

Rodriguez is a close friend of Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano

Liverpool have "more or less agreed" a deal to bring Atletico Madrid winger Maxi Rodriguez to Anfield, according to manager Rafael Benitez.

The Argentina international, 29, who is a close friend of Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano, is likely to sign an 18-month contract with the Reds.

With Fernando Torres hampered by a niggling groin injury, Benitez is keen to bolster his attacking options.

"Now it's for Atletico and Maxi to talk and see what happens," he said.

"It's true we've talked to Atletico Madrid and we're interested in the player but still it's just conversations.

"You never know with timescales. It's a question of everything being more or less agreed."
Rockthekop

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Owzat wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Having previously been coveted by Wenger tends to suggest he's decent too.

Wenger also admitted at one point he was interested in Babel.  :D

I heard that, although given he lacks all the football intelligence Wenger signings typically possess, it didn't seem especially plausible. Still, Wenger does generally have a good eye for a player.

Perhaps the difference is that Wenger turns young players into good ones, Rafa's young players tend to end up little or no better than they were when he bought them. Babel is a fine example, N'Gog, Insua and Lucas haven't improved massively on when they were bought, some of the younger versions Wenger has have improved more.

I don't hold too high a hope with Rafa signings these days, most are over-priced if anything to get remotely excited about or too old, too naff etc. Last summer it was Keane, Dossena and Riera, this season it's Johnson and Aquilani - no feelings of great anticipated excitement before or after they were signed. Even the odd relative success hasn't been that great a revelation, nothing spectacular coming from anyone signed in the past two seasons.

And it's no surprise Wenger was interested, not because it was Babel but he has almost a pedo-style obsession with kids  ???

Erm so what then of Jermaine Pennant, David Bently, Francis Jeffers and Antinio Reyes? Didn't exactly set the world alight. Wenger has a good record with young players but that doesn't any youngster under him will succeed.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LancsBass » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Didn't Zaki turn down a move to Portsmouth because they had an Israeli on their team (Ben Haim), I don't think he would come to us if we manage to keep hold of Yossi and even if he would I don't think I would want him here.

Link:

http://www.thejc.com/sport....sraelis
LancsBass

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 pm

LancsBass wrote:Didn't Zaki turn down a move to Portsmouth because they had an Israeli on their team (Ben Haim), I don't think he would come to us if we manage to keep hold of Yossi and even if he would I don't think I would want him here.

Link:

http://www.thejc.com/sport....sraelis

Is right an all i wouldnt want him anywere near us ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 pm

RAFA WILL NOT GET ANY MONEY TO SPEND FROM PLAYER SALES

Funds-free January on the cards for Rafael Benitez

Tony Barrett

Rafael Benítez is unlikely to be given any of the proceeds from player sales during the January transfer window to reinvest in new signings this month once the arrival of Maxi Rodríguez is confirmed.

The Atlético Madrid and Argentina winger is expected to cost £1.5 million and join on an 18-month deal. Benítez is also looking for a loan recruit in defence after Glen Johnson, the right back, was ruled out for at least a month with a knee injury.

Four fringe members of the Liverpool squad could leave the club in the coming weeks: Andrea Dossena, Philipp Degen and Andriy Voronin have been earmarked for the exit door and Ryan Babel is the subject of serious interest from Birmingham City. The money recouped from their potential sales could total in excess of £15 million.

Napoli have agreed a £4.4 million fee for Dossena, the defender, who is set to complete the move back to his native Italy once personal terms have been agreed; Voronin, the forward, is on the brink of signing for Dynamo Moscow in a deal worth about £2 million; and Degen is the subject of interest from several clubs in Germany, with Stuttgart leading the race for the defender’s services.

Birmingham have offered £9 million for Babel but that bid is likely to be rebuffed because the Holland forward is keen to hold out for a move to the Continent. Galatasaray, who are coached by Frank Rijkaard, Babel’s countryman, are one of a number of clubs ready to enter the race for his services.

Although the Liverpool manager is working without a transfer war chest, club insiders insist that that policy has not been forced on him by Liverpool’s estimated £250 million debts and resultant interest payments, believed to be in the region of £30 million a year.

However, critics of George Gillett Jr and Tom Hicks, the co-owners, may dispute that assessment. And should Liverpool not make any significant investment in their playing squad it will serve only to reinforce Benítez’s recent assertion that the club’s priority has shifted from trophy gathering to debt reduction.

In August, Benítez broke even on incomings and outgoings in August and in the previous transfer window, last January, the sale of Robbie Keane to Tottenham Hotspur for a fee in the region of £15 million was the only significant activity involving Liverpool.

Should Liverpool go a third transfer window without making any significant investment in their squad it will serve only to reinforce Benítez’s recent assertion that the club’s priority has shifted from trophy gathering to debt reduction.

Speaking last month, the Spaniard conceded that Liverpool’s hopes of challenging for the title this season were undermined by the need for the club to reduce their outstanding debts. Well off the pace set by Chelsea, the Premier League leaders, Liverpool’s main aim for the campaign is to qualify for next season’s Champions League, but even that aspiration is far from being a foregone conclusion because they languish in seventh place behind Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Aston Villa, their fellow contenders to finish in the top four.

Any hopes that the purse strings would be loosened in an attempt to fund a drive to guarantee their top-four status have been dashed and Benítez will be faced with the prospect of improving the fortunes of a squad that has struggled desperately at times this season without recourse to even a limited spending spree.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 977050.ece
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:27 pm

But my head well buried in the sand Igor mate , i dont beleve that , i bet you he will end up having about a tenner to spend
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:36 pm

NANNY RED wrote:But my head well buried in the sand Igor mate , i dont beleve that , i bet you he will end up having about a tenner to spend

I know nan even friggin guilleme bollox is backing tony barrett up .

The transfer of Maxi Rodriguez from Atletico Madrid to Liverpool is close to completion, but contrary to earlier reports of a 1.5 million deal, the Argentine midfielder could end up moving to Anfield for free...

As Tony Barrett reported in The Times earlier today, Rafa Benitez will receive no additional transfer funds from the sale of players.

However, Atletico Madrid have been early movers in the January transfer window and have already begun recruiting players, including a midfielder - and are looking to get Maxi Rodriguez - a high earner, surplus requirements and who could leave the club for free in the summer - off their books for six months.

A £1.5 million signing on fee is being discussed and payment would be spread, in the form of a salary, between now and the end of the season. All of which means that, unless there are any last minute changes of heart, the move represents an excellent deal for Benitez who will get his target, in essence, on a free transfer.

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores....&id=257
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 am

If Rafa manages to grab a couple of quality players for nout in this window, then it will be nothing short of a miracle. He's already knabbed a quality winger for f*ck all. Sack him.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:56 am

I just hope that we wont share the same fate as Leeds or Newcastle after this.As I recall, Leeds had the same finacial problem.I just hope we wont be forsed to sell Anfield :D.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion